HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   OT: Question for you Preds fans (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1359605)

Apple Juice 02-24-2013 10:12 PM

Question for you Preds fans

First and foremost, I grew up watching the Canucks so obviously my favourite team would be the Canucks.. But for the past few years, I've grown to like Nashville and that's mostly because of the style of hockey they bring and their crowd atmosphere... What I'm curious to know is why you guys always say "Thanks Paul" after every announcement? Like "1 minute remaning in period" or after a penalty/goal... It's really unique and I love it but I'm just curious. I haven't found the answer anywhere..

hockey diva 02-24-2013 10:18 PM

Welcome! Always nice to see new folks. We only say it when he announces the last minute of the period. I don't know how it got started though. Folks who have been around longer can probably tell you that.

Also, if you ever come in for a game let us know, we try to be hospitable to visitors.

PhoneGuy 02-24-2013 10:23 PM

and our announcer's name is Paul (Paul McCann).

Apple Juice 02-25-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoneGuy (Post 60418183)
and our announcer's name is Paul (Paul McCann).

yeah I kinda figured lol...

I went to Nashville last year and it's a beautiful city.. I even caught a glimpse of Bridgestone Arena while I was there and it's a hell of a building. Looks really nice and modern... It'd be sweet to watch a Canucks game in Nashville if I could afford to go..

kypredsfan 02-25-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Juice (Post 60427043)
yeah I kinda figured lol...

I went to Nashville last year and it's a beautiful city.. I even caught a glimpse of Bridgestone Arena while I was there and it's a hell of a building. Looks really nice and modern... It'd be sweet to watch a Canucks game in Nashville if I could afford to go..

I've visited Vancouver as well and it was gorgeous. We were treated just fine until we put on our Preds sweaters for the game. :laugh:

Gnashville 02-25-2013 07:46 AM

You are missing the first part. At 1:03 left to go in a period, everyone yells "how much time is left in the period". Then Paul is thanked for announcing there is one minute remaining.

Apple Juice 02-25-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnashville (Post 60431743)
You are missing the first part. At 1:03 left to go in a period, everyone yells "how much time is left in the period". Then Paul is thanked for announcing there is one minute remaining.

wow really? I never hear them say it.. I only hear "Thanks Paul"..

That is extremely cool!

barrytrotzsneck 02-25-2013 04:16 PM

it started with the previous guy, who for the life of me I can not remember the name of.

preds1 02-25-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Juice (Post 60427043)

Sounds like these guys already answered your question.

Just wanted to add I met a few guys from Vancouver when they were down for a play-off game a couple years ago. Awesome guys without question, even in a playoff atmosphere. They seemed to be very impressed with the arena/crowd.

I really enjoyed talking with them, you seem to have some good people up there.

sparkle twin 02-26-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc (Post 60452515)
it started with the previous guy, who for the life of me I can not remember the name of.

It was Jim.

Predsboro 02-27-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkle twin (Post 60493875)
It was Jim.

Jim Knott ... still does in arena hosting periodically when Kourtney Hanson is unavailable.

CalleJAMkrok 02-27-2013 01:46 AM

EDIT: nvm saw above posts.