HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Avs Firesale at the Deadline (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1359757)

dahrougem2 02-25-2013 02:00 AM

Avs Firesale at the Deadline

Realistically speaking, what would your team offer for the likes of Cody McLeod, Chuck Kobasew, David Jones, Ryan O'Byrne, Shane O'Brien, Greg Zanon, and Matt Hunwick?

I understand that pretty much all of these players suck beyond belief with the exception of McLeod, he's excellent at what he does, great 4th line player who can play 3rd line minutes if given the opportunity and correct linemates. I don't expect much return for players like Kobasew, O'Byrne, O'Brien, Zanon, and Hunwick, and expect a bad contract in return for David Jones' bad contract.

Thoughts? Does Colorado need to add in order for you to take on some players lol

Hatrick Marleau 02-25-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahrougem2 (Post 60429407)
Realistically speaking, what would your team offer for the likes of Cody McLeod, Chuck Kobasew, David Jones, Ryan O'Byrne, Shane O'Brien, Greg Zanon, and Matt Hunwick?

I understand that pretty much all of these players suck beyond belief with the exception of McLeod, he's excellent at what he does, great 4th line player who can play 3rd line minutes if given the opportunity and correct linemates. I don't expect much return for players like Kobasew, O'Byrne, O'Brien, Zanon, and Hunwick, and expect a bad contract in return for David Jones' bad contract.

Thoughts? Does Colorado need to add in order for you to take on some players lol

I'd be interested in McLeod for the 4th line. Ours 4th line sucks right now. Not sure what you would want though.

Freudian 02-25-2013 02:13 AM

I can't imagine Avs trading McLeod. He's having a good year, has finally learned to play disciplined and is signed for another two years at a reasonable salary.

The others are closer to the pending UFAs/spares/misfits/bad contracts that are often shopped and rarely traded.

Honour Over Glory 02-25-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau (Post 60429431)
I'd be interested in McLeod for the 4th line. Ours 4th line sucks right now. Not sure what you would want though.

I figured the Sharks would want him, I mean damn, they signed Gomez for crying out loud, if that doesn't scream desperate for bottom 6 help, I don't know what does. I could see the Sharks also being a big player for someone like Cullen and Konopka.

CB Joe 02-25-2013 02:31 AM

Realistically I don't see the Avs dealing McLeod or Hunwick. They are playing well and have multiple years left on their contracts. Jones isn't play well and I don't think any team would touch his contact at this point.

That leaves forward Kobasew, and defense O'Brien, Zanon, O'Byrne.

O'Brien and Zanon aren't playing well and have multi-year deals. However their contracts are affordable and every playoff team is looking for defensive depth. I think one could potentially be dealt. Zanon most likely staying and O'Brien being dealt.

Kobasew is garbage, Colorado would be lucky to get a 4th rounder or C level prospect. O'Byrne is most certainly going to be dealt by the deadline. Colorado just has too many defensemen under contract in the NHL and too many pushing for roster spots from the AHL to commit to O'Byrne. I think O'Byrne fetches Colorado a 2nd rounder, or 3rd and something else thrown in.

BrickAHL 02-25-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CB Joe (Post 60429797)
Realistically I don't see the Avs dealing McLeod or Hunwick. They are playing well and have multiple years left on their contracts. Jones isn't play well and I don't think any team would touch his contact at this point.

That leaves forward Kobasew, and defense O'Brien, Zanon, O'Byrne.

O'Brien and Zanon aren't playing well and have multi-year deals. However their contracts are affordable and every playoff team is looking for defensive depth. I think one could potentially be dealt. Zanon most likely staying and O'Brien being dealt.

Kobasew is garbage, Colorado would be lucky to get a 4th rounder or C level prospect. O'Byrne is most certainly going to be dealt by the deadline. Colorado just has too many defensemen under contract in the NHL and too many pushing for roster spots from the AHL to commit to O'Byrne. I think O'Byrne fetches Colorado a 2nd rounder, or 3rd and something else thrown in.

Kobasew is NOT garbage.

CB Joe 02-25-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrickAHL (Post 60429819)
Kobasew is NOT garbage.

He can skate fast, that is all he does well.

Skip2myBordyloo 02-25-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrickAHL (Post 60429819)
Kobasew is NOT garbage.

i disagree, i would take anything for him, call sgarbossa or van der gulik to fill in for him, i don't see much difference.

Ivan13 02-25-2013 03:48 AM

Kobasew is a decent 4th liner. As for McLeod, he needs to stay.

dahrougem2 02-25-2013 12:43 PM

I included McLeod because I feel he could net us the best return out of all the players listed, and yes Kobasew does suck lol. Never seen a player with such speed have so many chances and shoot right at the chest

Mowerman 02-25-2013 01:47 PM

at best probably a swap of spare parts

Nihiliste 02-25-2013 01:49 PM

I would just hope to get some shorter contracts or late round picks for these guys.

No one will touch Jones contract unless he starts playing the way he can, but if he does that, we wouldn't want to trade him. I imagine we're stuck with him, good and bad.

zeus3007* 02-25-2013 01:50 PM

I think the Oilers could use McLeod and Jones. What kind of pieces would the Aves be looking for? Picks? Prospects? Vets?

a mangy Meowth 02-25-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus3007 (Post 60447841)
I think the Oilers could use McLeod and Jones. What kind of pieces would the Aves be looking for? Picks? Prospects? Vets?

I don't think the Avs are going to trade McLeod to Edmonton lol