HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Injury Report: Dustin Byfuglien (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1359847)

viper0220 02-25-2013 08:37 AM

Dustin Byfuglien
 
Is big Buff injured?


http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-sundays-game/


I think it is his groin are, If that is the case then just shut him down for the season.

King Woodballs 02-25-2013 08:44 AM

Noel said in his post game talk, it is not the same injury which he just came back from
Which has been indentified as his groin.

That said, it could easily be the other groin this time.

Either way, him missing time basically blows this team to high hell.

Do we even have ebnough signed d men in the system to call someone up?

viper0220 02-25-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 60434015)
Noel said in his post game talk, it is not the same injury which he just came back from
Which has been indentified as his groin.

That said, it could easily be the other groin this time.

Either way, him missing time basically blows this team to high hell.

Do we even have ebnough signed d men in the system to call someone up?


It may not be good for the team but these groin injuries(if it is a groin injury) are very hard to deal with and it may cause other problems. Better safe than sorry.

King Woodballs 02-25-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper0220 (Post 60434099)
It may not be good for the team but these groin injuries(if it is a groin injury) are very hard to deal with and it may cause other problems. Better safe than sorry.

I have to agree.
No sense hurting himself further down the road by letting this nag on for what may or may not be a playoff team this season.

viper0220 02-25-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 60434169)
I have to agree.
No sense hurting himself further down the road by letting this nag on for what may or may not be a playoff team this season.


Shut him down for the season and tell him to workout and get in better shape, hopefully that helps.

Hank Chinaski 02-25-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 60434015)
Noel said in his post game talk, it is not the same injury which he just came back from
Which has been indentified as his groin.

That said, it could easily be the other groin this time.

Either way, him missing time basically blows this team to high hell.

Do we even have ebnough signed d men in the system to call someone up?

With Meech out, we're down to Chiarot, Sol and O'Neill. My guess is that O'Neill would be the next guy called up.

iceguy 02-25-2013 09:10 AM

[mod]

I hope he is alright and back sooner than later. It's challenging at that level of shape and size to avoid ankle, knee, etc. problems, reminds me of O and D lineman in football. Usually need to be in peak shape to handle the high impact torque on the body parts.

Lynk 02-25-2013 10:01 AM

I think we'll see Chevy making a new NHL ready D signing very soon if Buff is to miss any time.

Aries56 02-25-2013 10:07 AM

Wow, talk about bad luck. So we could have lost 2 players that game to "groin" injuries? I've heard good things about Melchiori... I think we will be alright with

Bogo - Clitsome
Postma - Hainsey
Stuart - Melchiori

I would hate to have to trade for a filler defenseman. When healthy, we have such an abundance of defense as is.

cheswick 02-25-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk (Post 60436691)
I think we'll see Chevy making a new NHL ready D signing very soon if Buff is to miss any time.

Veterans Campoli and Mike Commodore are out there.

Last I heard Campoli's move to the Swiss league fell apart cause of Visa issues.

Guerzy 02-25-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk (Post 60436691)
I think we'll see Chevy making a new NHL ready D signing very soon if Buff is to miss any time.

Agree, Lynk. I see no way we recall O'Neill, Sol, Chiarot or insert Melchiori into what we're already relying on if we have no Byfuglien. If Byfuglien is out for any length of time, Chevy has to get an NHL body in here.

I'd say Chris Campoli may be a good bet if we don't trade for someone.

BigTuna49 02-25-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper0220 (Post 60434339)
Shut him down for the season and tell him to workout and get in better shape, hopefully that helps.

So just shut him down for the season? What if he's good in 2 weeks? What good would that do? Just take it on a week to week basis. No sense in going all out when we don't even know the true problem.

peg 02-25-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk (Post 60436691)
I think we'll see Chevy making a new NHL ready D signing very soon if Buff is to miss any time.

Lots of moving parts here. If Buff truly is day to day he should be back within a couple of weeks I would think :sarcasm: In the meantime, either Meech or Enstrom should be available at some point although we really don't know when. Peluso has played D in the past so perhaps so he could fill in if needed. Not ideal, but I can't see Chevy doing anything radical unless both Enstrom and Buff are on the shelf for an extended period.

SensibleGuy 02-25-2013 10:36 AM

I love Buff, but I think they need to get him into a serious flexibility program or something. He looks so rigid out there much of the time...

Man, with the way our Defence has been decimated this year its really a wonder the Jets have managed to do as well as they have.

cheswick 02-25-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper0220 (Post 60434339)
Shut him down for the season and tell him to workout and get in better shape, hopefully that helps.

Your not allowed to shut a guy down for the season who is medically cleared to play.

Hank Chinaski 02-25-2013 10:48 AM

If it's between Commodore and Campoli, I'd hope to god we pick up Commodore.

tbcwpg 02-25-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski (Post 60438565)
If it's between Commodore and Campoli, I'd hope to god we pick up Commodore.

I like Commodore but he's slower than molasses.

videofarmer 02-25-2013 10:53 AM

I like his meanness though.

Bob E 02-25-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke49 (Post 60437407)
So just shut him down for the season? What if he's good in 2 weeks? What good would that do? Just take it on a week to week basis. No sense in going all out when we don't even know the true problem.

Agree Duke. Seems a bit drastic to me.

Turbofan 02-25-2013 11:07 AM

Doesn't matter how fit you are, if you take an awkward bump you can get injured. Some of the fittest athletes in the world...fighters, boxers, marathoners, triathletes, can twist or fall in the most harmless looking way and be out for weeks. There's some inherent danger in being larger of course, but I don't think we want a skinny Buff out there.

Aries56 02-25-2013 11:15 AM

He might be alright. Hopefully he's alright... our back end would be devastated to lose him

Quote:

Ed Tait ‏@WFPEdTait

#NHLJets FYI Dustin Byfuglien is on ice for this morning's optional skate #bn
Usually he doesn't take the optional skate. Maybe he's testing out the injury or lack there of

Yosemite Sam 02-25-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wings (Post 60439337)
Doesn't matter how fit you are, if you take an awkward bump you can get injured. Some of the fittest athletes in the world...fighters, boxers, marathoners, triathletes, can twist or fall in the most harmless looking way and be out for weeks. There's some inherent danger in being larger of course, but I don't think we want a skinny Buff out there.

We want a buff Buff.

King Woodballs 02-25-2013 11:50 AM

@RickRalphTSN
Quote:

#nhljets Byfuglien will likely play tomorrow night against NYR.
Woosh dodged that bullet

SensibleGuy 02-25-2013 11:55 AM

thats super good news! :)

Gump Hasek 02-25-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 60441573)
@RickRalphTSN


Woosh dodged that bullet

Thanks for the update.

Phew!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.