HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What do you want in free agency? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1359907)

Habsfannick 02-25-2013 10:34 AM

What do you want in free agency?
 
Its early but just to get a sense what type of players do we desperately need and who interests you, what will our cap look like ect

billy piton 02-25-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfannick (Post 60437953)
Its early but just to get a sense what type of players do we desperately need and who interests you, what will our cap look like ect

getzlaf, please! :)

getzlaf
gally
eller

:amazed::amazed::amazed:

Hannibal 02-25-2013 10:41 AM

Patrick Bordeleau

Et le But 02-25-2013 10:43 AM

Sidney Crosby.

Captain Smurf 02-25-2013 10:43 AM

The Habs fan, Perry.

Pierre Dagenais 02-25-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy piton (Post 60438181)
getzlaf, please! :)

getzlaf
gally
eller

:amazed::amazed::amazed:

I'd rather have Perry than Getzlaf!

Monctonscout 02-25-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfannick (Post 60437953)
Its early but just to get a sense what type of players do we desperately need and who interests you, what will our cap look like ect

Wouldn't it be best to finish the season and see how the current roster plays before looking at UFA's?

Plus a lot of UFA's may be re-signed before July 1st.

billy piton 02-25-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais (Post 60438403)
I'd rather have Perry than Getzlaf!

wouldn't mind him either, but getz :heart:

Et le But 02-25-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais (Post 60438403)
I'd rather have Perry than Getzlaf!

Same, Perry would be perfect. Not that I'd have a problem with either mind you. :laugh:

LePoche69 02-25-2013 10:52 AM

Playing Perry with both Gallys would be awesome.

Is there a list of the supposed UFA for next summer?

Pierre Dagenais 02-25-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LePoche69 (Post 60438695)
Playing Perry with both Gallys would be awesome.

Is there a list of the supposed UFA for next summer?

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/

Top 10

Semin, Alexander R CAR 28 $7,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Iginla, Jarome R CGY 35 $7,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Elias, Patrik C NJD 36 $6,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Backstrom, Niklas G MIN 35 $6,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Visnovsky, Lubomir D NYI 36 $5,600,000 2013 (UFA)
Gonchar, Sergei D OTT 38 $5,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Perry, Corey R ANA 27 $5,325,000 2013 (UFA)
Getzlaf, Ryan C ANA 27 $5,325,000 2013 (UFA)
Ribeiro, Mike C WAS 33 $5,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Thomas, Tim G NYI 38 $5,000,000 2013 (UFA)

Pigems* 02-25-2013 10:53 AM

what about bringin back Hamerlik on a 1 year deal for 1 maybe 1.5 mil to help bridge incase tinordi is no ready next year

Pierre Dagenais 02-25-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pigems (Post 60438771)
what about bringin back Hamerlik on a 1 year deal for 1 maybe 1.5 mil to help bridge incase tinordi is no ready next year

I would rather have Bouillon than Hamrlik at this point.

Et le But 02-25-2013 10:57 AM

I'd still take Semin on this team for the right price.

Clowe would of course be a nice fit on the third line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pigems (Post 60438771)
what about bringin back Hamerlik on a 1 year deal for 1 maybe 1.5 mil to help bridge incase tinordi is no ready next year

As much as I love Hammer, I think he's finished. :(

LePoche69 02-25-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais (Post 60438735)
http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/

Top 10

Semin, Alexander R CAR 28 $7,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Iginla, Jarome R CGY 35 $7,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Elias, Patrik C NJD 36 $6,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Backstrom, Niklas G MIN 35 $6,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Visnovsky, Lubomir D NYI 36 $5,600,000 2013 (UFA)
Gonchar, Sergei D OTT 38 $5,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Perry, Corey R ANA 27 $5,325,000 2013 (UFA)
Getzlaf, Ryan C ANA 27 $5,325,000 2013 (UFA)
Ribeiro, Mike C WAS 33 $5,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Thomas, Tim G NYI 38 $5,000,000 2013 (UFA)

Thanks a lot.

Andrighetto Fabolous 02-25-2013 11:01 AM

Perry would be my top priority, having 2 big scoring wingers in him and Pacioretty on our top 2 lines would be awesome.

Another guy I would've liked was Erksine but he just re-signed with Washington, would've brought lots of grit and size to our D and would've been a nice stop-gap so we wouldn't have to rush Tinordi next year.

Blind Gardien 02-25-2013 11:07 AM

We ought to have something in the neighbourhood of $10M to spend, assuming the UFAs are let go and Kaberle bought out or traded. I'm not sure if it will be all that easy to lure Getzlaf/Perry away from Anaheim if their team succeeds there like they seem to be poised to. At any rate, any offer to either of them probably swallows a good deal of the available space. I'd chase them. But not expect much. You can offer $8M+, if they go to market. And cross your fingers. But better have some Plan Bs and Cs ready.

Our default lineup is actually pretty decent-looking. Bring Dumont up to replace Armstrong, and we've got a starting 13 up front. Tokarski or Budaj as backup. Kaberle gone and Weber at least a known commodity we have control over for extra depth. Bouillon looks like he is capable of being back too, if the price is right, for veteran depth. Could add 1 tougher/bigger guy, to me all depending on just what the pro evaluation is on Tinordi's chances.

I wouldn't go too hard after bigger names, older players, typical UFA-overpayments, etc, aside from the upper-end hail mary on Perry or Getzlaf.

Clowe and Clarkson could be considered... but all such guys are going to be such premium payouts, it'd be somewhat risky. They probably find takers at $25M/5yrs +.

EmelinHipCheck 02-25-2013 11:09 AM

Players i would love for the Habs to go after :
Rob Scuderi
David Clarkson
Al Montoya
Jordan Leopold
Corey Perry

ClasslessGuy 02-25-2013 11:11 AM

nobody that can't hit.

Pigems* 02-25-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy (Post 60439561)
nobody that can't hit.

and no one under 6' or preferable 6'2" lol

peate 02-25-2013 11:16 AM

Ribiero makes 5 mil? Holy moly. :amazed:

Bask 02-25-2013 11:18 AM

#1 Perry or Getzlaf
#2 Iginla
#3 Jagr for cheap? Koivu for cheap so that he can retire here?

LePoche69 02-25-2013 11:18 AM

I would like an intimidating presence on D, and an intimidatin presence up-front, a kinda Prust-like player but who can score 15-20 goals a year.

Habs 4 Life 02-25-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LePoche69 (Post 60439951)
I would like an intimidating presence on D, and an intimidatin presence up-front, a kinda Prust-like player but who can score 15-20 goals a year.

That would be David Clarkson but I really doubt the Devils will let him go. Having him on a line with Prust would be fantastic

PKarey Plekoretty 02-25-2013 11:54 AM

I'd love Ryan Clowe

Other than that, I'd like to just sure up any of our guys, and just save everything and try and make a big splash in the summer of '14


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.