HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Markstrom Sent Back to SA (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1359979)

AaronEkbald 02-25-2013 12:13 PM

Markstrom Sent Back to SA
 
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards
MARKSTROM BACK TO SAN ANTONIO: The Panthers sent goalie Jacob Markstrom back to San Antonio on Monday.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...ce=twitterfeed

Shockley 02-25-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts (Post 60442863)
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards
MARKSTROM BACK TO SAN ANTONIO: The Panthers sent goalie Jacob Markstrom back to San Antonio on Monday.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...ce=twitterfeed

I really dont understand this. :help:

AaronEkbald 02-25-2013 12:24 PM

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards
Kevin Dineen on Jacob Markstrom: 'He was fine.' He wasn't the #FlaPanthers problem in losses to #Pens and #Bruins

Ghoste 02-25-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulikov Is King (Post 60443259)
I really dont understand this. :help:

Think tank!

-ghoste

gizmo12688 02-25-2013 12:33 PM

My guess is that Versteeg might be close to returning and they need the roster space instead of carrying 3 goalies.

I don't know, whatever.

Shockley 02-25-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghoste (Post 60443485)
Think tank!

-ghoste

Ohh nice!
Are we trying for Mackinnon or Jones btw?

FlaPnthrsPunk 02-25-2013 12:37 PM

This made absolutely no sense. I guess maybe the whole point of bringing him up was to hopefully change the impact either in goal or to the rest of the team to win these last two games. Obviously, while I thought Markstrom played very well, that plan didn't work.

I really hope this doesn't hurt his confidence and understands that this team has been a joke all season and it's not his fault for the two losses.

AaronEkbald 02-25-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulikov Is King (Post 60444051)
Ohh nice!
Are we trying for Mackinnon or Jones btw?

This doesn't belong in this thread, but

IMO, we should take a forward..

MacKinnon/ Drouin - either one would be a huge improvement to our offensive core.

Barkov/ Lindholm/ Monahan - Ok addition to our core.

Nichushkin (Don't know a lot about this guy, but he is 6'3'', 195lb Winger - 6 points, 4 goals in 18 games in the KHL as a 17-year-old - Scouts love his hands and think he has that "wow" factor)

Ghoste 02-25-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulikov Is King (Post 60444051)
Ohh nice!
Are we trying for Mackinnon or Jones btw?

Mac all the way. I think Awesome said it best, "Not winnin' for MacKinnon!"

-ghoste

Boothinator 02-25-2013 01:54 PM

Florida Panthers are showing tank mode..

Markstrom was clearly the best on the ice for the last two games along with Robak in last game.

So to be sure to lose just put Kuba ans Weiss back in but please trade him before the deadline. Use one of the buyouts on Kuba!!

Benched 02-25-2013 02:01 PM

Appropriate theme music for this thread:


Erick 02-25-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boothinator (Post 60448049)
Florida Panthers are showing tank mode..

Markstrom was clearly the best on the ice for the last two games along with Robak in last game.

So to be sure to lose just put Kuba ans Weiss back in but please trade him before the deadline. Use one of the buyouts on Kuba!!

How many buyouts do we have? If it's only one, I choose Upshall over Kuba.

Boothinator 02-25-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 60448583)
How many buyouts do we have? If it's only one, I choose Upshall over Kuba.

I think we have two.

I wouldnt buy out Upshall but he just cant get healthy. That is his problem and we cant use this anymore.

nhlfan9191 02-25-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boothinator (Post 60448049)
Florida Panthers are showing tank mode..

Markstrom was clearly the best on the ice for the last two games along with Robak in last game.

So to be sure to lose just put Kuba ans Weiss back in but please trade him before the deadline. Use one of the buyouts on Kuba!!

We didn't win with him in the net anyways.

Erick 02-25-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boothinator (Post 60448735)
I think we have two.

I wouldnt buy out Upshall but he just cant get healthy. That is his problem and we cant use this anymore.

I feel like I'd buy out Upshall even if he was perfectly healthy.

The guy is just not a good contract, regardless.

He's one of our highest paid players, yet he's put up 6 points in 33 games when healthy. The guy is basically Rostislav Olesz.

billysbreakdown 02-25-2013 02:43 PM

:shakehead

Shouldn't have brought him up in the first place then.

harv3317 02-25-2013 02:46 PM

maybe they couldn't get a good trading partner for clemm, or theo so they had to send markie down. robak looked good, weiss not sooo much. kuba has been a major disappointment for me. tired of upshall also!!!

Erick 02-25-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Panther (Post 60450751)
:shakehead

Shouldn't have brought him up in the first place then.

This is what I don't understand.

If the purpose was to send him down after 2 games, what was the point?

Not to mention they put him out there against the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Boston Bruins of all teams. Good thing he played well or else it'd seem like they're sending him down for poor play. Could've easily ruined his confidence somewhat.

jkscott 02-25-2013 03:05 PM

This has screwup written all over it. My only guess is that they had a trade worked out for Clemm that fell through at the last minute.

RampageNate 02-25-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 60450957)
This is what I don't understand.

If the purpose was to send him down after 2 games, what was the point?

Not to mention they put him out there against the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Boston Bruins of all teams. Good thing he played well or else it'd seem like they're sending him down for poor play. Could've easily ruined his confidence somewhat.

Trust me, Jacob knows he played well in those two games.

adam graves 02-25-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RampageNate (Post 60451973)
Trust me, Jacob knows he played well in those two games.

Im glad. The love hes getting on twitter is remarkable.

Erick 02-25-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RampageNate (Post 60451973)
Trust me, Jacob knows he played well in those two games.

I know because he did.

I'm saying though if he would've came up and allowed 5 goals per game (which is a possible scenario considering the small sample/the teams he faced) and was sent back down, it could've hurt his confidence some.

It just makes no sense to me to call him up temporarily to face, arguably, the two best teams in the conference. They put him in position to fail, and, for what it's worth, he didn't.

Haj 02-25-2013 03:20 PM

This team is a mess.

Our entire first line from last year has disappeared. No finish, No defense, and can't win battles on boards.

Kuba hasn't been able to replace Campbell.

Forwards all of a sudden can't play basic defense anymore.

Goaltending has been terrible.

Columbus is a better team that we are right now. They at least compete hard in every game.

Best forwards: Shore, Huberdeau, Mueller, Kopecky, Goc
Best defensemen: Kulikov
Best G: Markstrom

Pure ass.

Boothinator 02-25-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haj (Post 60452647)
This team is a mess.

Our entire first line from last year has disappeared. No finish, No defense, and can't win battles on boards.

Kuba hasn't been able to replace Campbell.

Forwards all of a sudden can't play basic defense anymore.

Goaltending has been terrible.

Columbus is a better team that we are right now. They at least compete hard in every game.

Best forwards: Shore, Huberdeau, Mueller, Kopecky, Goc
Best defensemen: Kulikov
Best G: Markstrom

Pure ass.

Give Guds and Robak some credit . Those two havent disappointed -.

AaronEkbald 02-25-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haj (Post 60452647)
This team is a mess.

Our entire first line from last year has disappeared. No finish, No defense, and can't win battles on boards.

Kuba hasn't been able to replace Campbell.

Forwards all of a sudden can't play basic defense anymore.

Goaltending has been terrible.

Columbus is a better team that we are right now. They at least compete hard in every game.

Best forwards: Shore, Huberdeau, Mueller, Kopecky, Goc
Best defensemen: Kulikov
Best G: Markstrom

Pure ass.

Pretty much. I think Columbus is worse than us, though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.