HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Winnipeg Jets @ New Yawwwwk Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1360041)

bigplay41 02-25-2013 01:27 PM

Winnipeg Jets @ New Yawwwwk Rangers

we got this in the bag!!

wpgsilver 02-25-2013 01:29 PM

No Nash bodes well for us, and poorly for my fantasy team.

vBurmi 02-25-2013 01:41 PM

They've struggled so far this year. Oddly enough I'm worried the injuries might snap them out of their funk. They're not a team that'll be outworked though. Should be a close game either way.

Hopefully Wheeler continues to find his game and Jokinen's monkey stays away. I'm calling it now, big game for Jokinen.

No Name Poster 02-25-2013 01:46 PM

Buff skated today. Seems a bit odd that a guy who is injured would take part in an optional skate. Especially a guy like Buff who looks to be the type to enjoy a good day off.
Hope he goes. We really need to keep this momentum

Soble 02-25-2013 01:48 PM

I predict the Jets will score their first goal at MSG. On their third trip there! If they do not, I will go out on a huge limb and predict a loss :laugh:

Must've sucked for any big Jets fans who went to either/both games at MSG last year.

Gump Hasek 02-25-2013 01:53 PM

No Nash... & they've a raft of injuries on the blue line; Girardi left their last game injured and could not even get up or skate off under his own power, if McDonagh plays he will be doing so extremely banged up and playing at about 60% to hazard a guess, & on top of all of that Richards has been horrible this season to date. The Rangers seemed to handle last year's Jet squad quite easily. They might be in for a surprise tomorrow night though.

:)

vBurmi 02-25-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Row 3 Upper (Post 60447599)
Buff skated today. Seems a bit odd that a guy who is injured would take part in an optional skate. Especially a guy like Buff who looks to be the type to enjoy a good day off.
Hope he goes. We really need to keep this momentum

An optional skate isn't the same intensity as a full practice though so I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Unless there are reports he was skating hard, he may have been out there to get a feel for whatever he hurt. It's a good sign in that he's able to skate but it also doesn't imply he'll be back right away or that it won't be a nagging issue going forward.

Personally I'm worried by how much Buff is getting hurt. He's too crucial to the team to miss significant time every year. I can't help but think they need to get him to lose some weight. Bertuzzi used to be ~250 lbs and raved about how dropping a bunch of weight helped with his nagging back/groin/knees (don't really remember which).

ps241 02-25-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gump Hasek (Post 60448001)
No Nash... & they've a raft of injuries on the blue line; Girardi left their last game injured and could not even get up or skate off under his own power, if McDonagh plays he will be doing so extremely banged up and playing at about 60% to hazard a guess, & on top of all of that Richards has been horrible this season to date. The Rangers seemed to handle last year's Jet squad quite easily. They might be in for a surprise tomorrow night though.

:)

The concept of meeting teams that are really banged up is becoming a recurring theme in this lock out shortened season. We are not alone!

Lundqvist's save % is back up to .918 and a slow start and getting close to his career mark of .920 so the Rangers are fine there. Last year the Rangers played the entire season at full throttle and that can take its toll. If New York are without McDonagh, Girardi, and Nash that is significant. If we are without Buff (as well as Enstrom and Redmond) then both sets of D are decimated. could be interesting war of attrition.

teucer 02-25-2013 02:21 PM

I hope we win because I'm looking forward to Torts post-game.

Guerzy 02-25-2013 02:29 PM

Starting off this road trip 3-1 has been a nice surprise. Turning that into 4-1 tomorrow night would be great.

Huffer 02-25-2013 02:36 PM

Even with some of the Rangers injuries they still have some firepower in their lineup and one of the best goalies in the world. We're also down Enstrom and Buff is playing hurt.

Broken record, but just want to see the Jets hitting more and setting THEIR tone. Also would like to see more urgency in regards to getting to the puck in our zone, more urgency in making the 1st pass, more urgency in winning puck battles in our zone, and being tougher on the puck when trying to get it over the line. So looking to see our breakouts improve.

Would be nice to put up a doughnut on the PK again, and to get one on the PP.

Gaald 02-25-2013 02:44 PM

Anyone know where I can find the post game interviews from last night's game?

PaperRockChamp 02-25-2013 03:15 PM

Because we are inconsistent and things are looking up, I expect us all to be scouting the top 5 again after tomorrow's game.

Can we just win comfortably tomorrow plz?

Lynk 02-25-2013 03:18 PM

The Jets have this one in the bag.

No diggity, no doubt. Ugh. Play on playas.

WPGNYRFan 02-25-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffer (Post 60450303)
Even with some of the Rangers injuries they still have some firepower in their lineup and one of the best goalies in the world. We're also down Enstrom and Buff is playing hurt.

Broken record, but just want to see the Jets hitting more and setting THEIR tone. Also would like to see more urgency in regards to getting to the puck in our zone, more urgency in making the 1st pass, more urgency in winning puck battles in our zone, and being tougher on the puck when trying to get it over the line. So looking to see our breakouts improve.

Would be nice to put up a doughnut on the PK again, and to get one on the PP.

No worries there, the Rangers PP is atrocious. PK is pretty good though, even with Girardi out.

I'm hoping for an injury free game that goes to OT! :handclap:

sipowicz 02-25-2013 07:32 PM

Any news on Mittens and his boys?

DespoticNewt 02-25-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sipowicz (Post 60466313)

He won't be playing tomorrow. That's about all that is known right now.

Jet 02-25-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sipowicz (Post 60466313)

I'm guessing tiny cast.

YWGinYYZ 02-25-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan (Post 60461969)
No worries there, the Rangers PP is atrocious. PK is pretty good though, even with Girardi out.

I'm hoping for an injury free game that goes to OT! :handclap:

I'm hoping the Jets blow them out, so Torts' head explodes. Sorry! ;)

sipowicz 02-25-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brogosian (Post 60466829)
I'm guessing tiny cast.

:squint: that can't be good

garret9 02-25-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaald (Post 60450781)
Anyone know where I can find the post game interviews from last night's game?

I don't think there was any.

I know Noel hasn't talked to media in 3-4 days.

Jet 02-25-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sipowicz (Post 60468397)
:squint: that can't be good

Haha sorry, that was a :sarcasm: :)

Snot Rocket 02-25-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigplay41 (Post 60446591)
we got this in the bag!!

That is what Mitten's...mittens said.

Puckschmuck* 02-25-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk (Post 60452597)
The Jets have this one in the bag.

No diggity, no doubt. Ugh. Play on playas.

You got an ample supply of the pepto ready to go for gametime?

No Name Poster 02-25-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garret9 (Post 60470891)
I don't think there was any.

I know Noel hasn't talked to media in 3-4 days.

Noel did a short presser after the jersey win. I'll never forget it because he was so noticeably happy. It was weird