HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Games at Pepsi Center (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1360193)

McDooRoo 02-25-2013 05:16 PM

Games at Pepsi Center

Hey Folks,

I was wondering how are the fans at the Pepsi Center towards other teams' fans?

I'm taking my 8 year old son to his first hockey game March 8th against the Blackhawks and I'm a Chicago fan and my son is a Avs fan and was hoping that we could enjoy the game and get out alive lol

Thanks

Avalanche 02-25-2013 05:22 PM

Blood will be shed....

j/k, Blackhawk fans usually fill up the Can pretty well when Chicago is in town.

henchman24 02-25-2013 05:25 PM

You should have no problems. In my experience, when teams like Chicago, Detriot, Pitt, etc come to town their fans are probably 30% of the fans there. The last game I went to was the Stars earlier this season and there were probaby 10 Stars fans in my section and nobody gave them a hard time.

Bubba Thudd 02-25-2013 05:42 PM

As long as you don't get drunk and do the Superior dance every time Chicago scores, you guys should have a great time.

BUT, keep in mind that every arena has a "fool" or three -- just hope you don't get seated by them.

Bonzai12 02-25-2013 06:29 PM

We won't take your head off unless you're wearing a Hossa jersey.

too soon? too soon?

wondeROY 02-25-2013 06:52 PM

If you're a real fan, don't sit in the lower bowl. I sat there a couple times and always felt the fans in that lower bowl were quite lame and quiet. I actually got yelled at by a fellow avs fan for booing them. Apparently the proper thing to do when your team is playing heartless and gutless is to sit down and be quiet, and to eat your $150 ticket.

Av-merican 02-25-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondeROY (Post 60459647)
If you're a real fan, don't sit in the lower bowl. I sat there a couple times and always felt the fans in that lower bowl were quite lame and quiet. I actually got yelled at by a fellow avs fan for booing them. Apparently the proper thing to do when your team is playing heartless and gutless is to sit down and be quiet, and to eat your $150 ticket.

Good God, I'd have told that guy where to shove it. Unreal.

Honestly, I've worn Bruins jerseys to The Can and didn't get ragged on. The worst I ever heard was as I was walking to my seat on the concourse two little punks were muttering under their breath behind me (this was a B's/Avs tilt) about how many fans were wearing the opposition's sweaters. I turned around and they were wearing Coyotes jerseys. :laugh:

Landeslog 02-25-2013 08:06 PM

You should be fine, especially if you're with your kid!
The worst fan behavior I've seen is always by the opposition picking fights not Avs fans heckling visitors.

McDooRoo 02-25-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd (Post 60456479)
As long as you don't get drunk and do the Superior dance every time Chicago scores, you guys should have a great time.

BUT, keep in mind that every arena has a "fool" or three -- just hope you don't get seated by them.

Lol I assure you there won't be any dancing of any kind.

That's for sure every arena has a fool or two. College football games are like going to battle in some stadiums

Av-merican 02-25-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDooRoo (Post 60466125)
College football games are like going to battle in some stadiums

I hope you never have to endure the experience that is CU fans. Far and away the worst.

McDooRoo 02-25-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzai12 (Post 60458611)
We won't take your head off unless you're wearing a Hossa jersey.

too soon? too soon?

Lol good one

McDooRoo 02-25-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landeslog (Post 60464359)
You should be fine, especially if you're with your kid!
The worst fan behavior I've seen is always by the opposition picking fights not Avs fans heckling visitors.

I won't be starting any fights. Just want to go watch a good game and have fun. I'm too little to be starting fights

McDooRoo 02-25-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av-merican (Post 60466297)
I hope you never have to endure the experience that is CU fans. Far and away the worst.

I've heard CU fans are horrible, but never been around any. LSU fans are the worst I have ever been around.

Av-merican 02-25-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDooRoo (Post 60466665)
I've heard CU fans are horrible, but never been around any. LSU fans are the worst I have ever been around.

Lived in the Denver Metro Area for the first 32 years of my life, have plenty of friends from schools all over (including CU). Have not heard a single, solitary good thing about CU fans. Not one.

Landeslog 02-25-2013 09:05 PM

Hey, CU fans are awesome
:)

hattrick3518 02-26-2013 02:41 PM

There will be more Hawks fans than Avs fans there...

McDooRoo 03-01-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hattrick3518 (Post 60511849)
There will be more Hawks fans than Avs fans there...

Lol that would be a stretch I think

jfisher6 03-01-2013 12:06 AM

Yeah, we're generally pretty nice people at the games. I mean, we aren't Dodgers fans or anything!

The only way you'd definitely get heckled is by wearing Red Wings items. Can't help ya there