HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Avalanche app for Android? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1360599)

Kylington 02-26-2013 06:16 AM

Avalanche app for Android?
 
Hey guys!
I've recently noticed that there's no application for Avalanche fans on the Android platform. Does any of you got any other app that have decent news about the Avs?

Seems its us and Phoenix without apps haha, we should be better than that! :help:

Avs 02-26-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedba (Post 60496297)
Hey guys!
I've recently noticed that there's no application for Avalanche fans on the Android platform. Does any of you got any other app that have decent news about the Avs?

Seems its us and Phoenix without apps haha, we should be better than that! :help:

For a while, I had the Denver Post Hockey App on my iPhone. It just had all the sports articles from the DP, but with tabs like 'Hockey', 'Breaking Sports News' and stuff like that.

Kylington 02-26-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs (Post 60497345)
For a while, I had the Denver Post Hockey App on my iPhone. It just had all the sports articles from the DP, but with tabs like 'Hockey', 'Breaking Sports News' and stuff like that.

ah okay cool :)

ChrisNI 02-26-2013 09:20 AM

You want the Avs to have an app that will allow you to get information quicker and easier?

I hear it's being released soon, last date I heard was June 2020 but that's a complete rumour because no-one in the organisation has released any information about it! :laugh:

Seriously though as good as it would be, they would only release an article maybe once a season

Foppa2118 02-26-2013 11:15 AM

There is an app, it comes by default on all phones.

It's just waiting for an update to put out a story, and the Avs haven't publicly put out any information since 2001 announcing they'd won the Stanley Cup.

So hopefully in 2021 we'll be getting our next update. If it's off by a year it'll probably be too much work for the Avs to change more than one number.

KraftD 02-26-2013 11:29 AM

The Hockey News: Colorado Avalanche is a good app for IOS. Every article that mentions the Avalanche shows up in there. You also have a League portion of it and the typical Stats/Standings/Schedule section.

R S 02-26-2013 12:32 PM

Many junior hockey teams even have their own basic apps now with team news, stats, roster, standings etc.

I think it's a pretty big joke that an NHL team doesn't have such a thing.

S E P H 02-26-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings (Post 60507889)
Many junior hockey teams even have their own basic apps now with team news, stats, roster, standings etc.

I think it's a pretty big joke that an NHL team doesn't have such a thing.

I don't think it's a joke when Avs management and marketing staff still use this,

http://netdna.webdesignerdepot.com/u...pr55s2hc_b.jpg

Also I am pretty sure they still us dial up and AOL 2.0 to get on the internet.

IceRat 04-30-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedba (Post 60496297)
Hey guys!
I've recently noticed that there's no application for Avalanche fans on the Android platform. Does any of you got any other app that have decent news about the Avs?

Seems its us and Phoenix without apps haha, we should be better than that! :help:

I believe they actually released this the day before you posted
took me till now to discover it .... just goes to show how great their marketing is :shakehead

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=87938

R S 04-30-2013 12:20 PM

I have it. It's ok.

Bender 04-30-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 60509465)
I don't think it's a joke when Avs management and marketing staff still use this,

http://netdna.webdesignerdepot.com/u...pr55s2hc_b.jpg

Also I am pretty sure they still us dial up and AOL 2.0 to get on the internet.

That's too expensive...

http://0.tqn.com/d/dc/1/0/X/g/morse_telegraph_key.jpg

Bonzai12 04-30-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender (Post 64959539)


more like...

http://donkettekorral.com/yahoo_site...375439_std.JPG

Sheet 04-30-2013 01:47 PM

I have a kindle fire. :(

Bill Peckerskull 04-30-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceRat (Post 64942339)
I believe they actually released this the day before you posted
took me till now to discover it .... just goes to show how great their marketing is :shakehead

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=87938

Damn thing is always crashing on me. It will post something, and when I go to look at it, it says, "Unfortunately Colorado Avalanche has stopped working."

expatriated_texan 04-30-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull (Post 64962851)
Damn thing is always crashing on me. It will post something, and when I go to look at it, it says, "Unfortunately Colorado Avalanche has stopped working."

:laugh: That's not broke...that's the actual status since March 12th @ 7pm.

Sheet 04-30-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by expatriated_texan (Post 64963235)
:laugh: That's not broke...that's the actual status since March 12th @ 7pm.

This may become my signature.

the_fan 04-30-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedba (Post 60496297)
Hey guys!
I've recently noticed that there's no application for Avalanche fans on the Android platform. Does any of you got any other app that have decent news about the Avs?

Seems its us and Phoenix without apps haha, we should be better than that! :help:

I have android phone, and there is an Avs app.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.