HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Goodbye Erik Cole (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1361021)

Coldplay 02-26-2013 05:30 PM

Goodbye Erik Cole

Thanks for being a beast last season.

Goodbye. :cry:

BeBen* 02-26-2013 05:34 PM

He gave us one good season, in a year where he was the only one producing rofl

Coldplay 02-26-2013 05:36 PM

He was the kind of player we were searching for for years, a power forward who could score...then we unload him a season later.

Cap hit or not I don't give a ****, and I'm biased because I love him, but I don't understand. He was coming around too.

elsubz 02-26-2013 05:38 PM

loved Cole even if he wasn't scoring this season. Great hustler and we couldn't ask for a better mentor for Pacioretty. Thank you Erik!

freezie 02-26-2013 05:41 PM

I'm disappointed it came to this , he just couldn't get going . He was awesome last year .

Davebo 02-26-2013 05:42 PM

I liked this player - too bad he couldn't have stayed. Seems like a decent team mate....

Blind Gardien 02-26-2013 05:43 PM

Cole was so amazing down the stretch last season. Not like it mattered much. But with how sour he seemed about the lockout and all, it pretty much dissolved everything for me. If he waived his NTC, that pretty much proves he wanted out. And I'm all for bidding adieu in that circumstance, for all that he was so amazing last season. :(

Et le But 02-26-2013 05:43 PM

He annoyed me this summer and hasn't been great this year, but he was one of the best things about last season and his teammates seemed to love him. I wish him nothing but luck.

DJ Breadman 02-26-2013 05:43 PM

My favorite player last year, bought one of his t shirts, he lost his mind over the summer and I hated him this year. That about sums it up

AntonCH 02-26-2013 05:48 PM

Not sure why all the hate around here.
he was having a hard time getting going in a year where we really didnt need him to get going.
I wouldnt have minded if we were more patient with him
I just hope that this leads to bigger things and not just a dump for a dump's sake

Dr_Hook 02-26-2013 05:50 PM

Was a beast last year, like we rarely seen here in Mtl. Too bad it happened in such an inane season.

And he high-fived a ref !!

Erik Cole, we hardly knew you ! Thx for that great season

LyricalLyricist 02-26-2013 05:50 PM

He provided an element we lacked. Drove to the net and probably helped pacioretty develop slightly. Nothing bad to say about him. His contract did him in, good luck Cole.

Pigems* 02-26-2013 05:51 PM

So we give away a guy that is 6'2" for a guy that is 6'0", I thought we wanted to get bigger? I understand swapping for another right handed shot for the left we have needed more right handed shooters for a while and their point totals semester to be pretty close the past couple seasons, but couldn't we have got someone bigger?

Captain Saku 02-26-2013 05:52 PM

I just don't understand what happened with Cole.

I loved him, even this season he wasn't as bad as ppl were complaining. But I just don't understand what went wrong this season.

Coldplay 02-26-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Saku (Post 60526837)
I just don't understand what happened with Cole.

I loved him, even this season he wasn't as bad as ppl were complaining. But I just don't understand what went wrong this season.

Slow start post-lockout, looked to be back the last few games, robbed of a goal last night....sigh.

LyricalLyricist 02-26-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pigems (Post 60526739)
So we give away a guy that is 6'2" for a guy that is 6'0", I thought we wanted to get bigger? I understand swapping for another right handed shot for the left we have needed more right handed shooters for a while and their point totals semester to be pretty close the past couple seasons, but couldn't we have got someone bigger?

Cole's age, contract and production didn't exactly make him worth David Backes. Let's call it for what it is, we got a similarly talented player with a more flexible contract.

That being said, there's a thread to discuss the trade.

Montreal Shadow 02-26-2013 05:54 PM

Not sure it was such a good idea to give him up. That team just got even smaller. Cole, Eller, Bourque and Pacioretty are the only forwards with size that can also produce. Ryder is 2 inches shorter and 10lbs lighter than Cole.

Pleakanec, Gionta, Gallagher, Desharnais, Ryder, White. All these guys are 6' or under. Not to mention the small D with nobody over 6'2''. That's a small team we're looking at. Price is the biggest player and is the goalie. Montreal are still the smurfs...

Chris Cutter 02-26-2013 05:56 PM

I'm sad to see him go, I'm sure he would have thrived with us in the playoffs, he's the kind of player you go to war with...

Coldplay 02-26-2013 05:56 PM

Favourite Cole moments:

- Natural hat-trick in Ottawa last year
- The moustache and hand signalling from the bench
- High-fiving the ref

Thanks for the memories, Erik.

hockeyfan2k11 02-26-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldplay (Post 60525459)
He was the kind of player we were searching for for years, a power forward who could score...then we unload him a season later.

Cap hit or not I don't give a ****, and I'm biased because I love him, but I don't understand. He was coming around too.

He didn't want to be in Montreal.

BLONG7 02-26-2013 06:04 PM

Great season last year!! Really disappointed with him this year...must have wanted out?? There were comments about his daughter, and schooling around the lockout??

Mats86 02-26-2013 06:06 PM

Strange events...must be more to it than we know about! Just hope Ryder is better player than when he left here

Hullois 02-26-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow (Post 60527031)
Not sure it was such a good idea to give him up. That team just got even smaller. Cole, Eller, Bourque and Pacioretty are the only forwards with size that can also produce. Ryder is 2 inches shorter and 10lbs lighter than Cole.

Pleakanec, Gionta, Gallagher, Desharnais, Ryder, White. All these guys are 6' or under. Not to mention the small D with nobody over 6'2''. That's a small team we're looking at. Price is the biggest player and is the goalie. Montreal are still the smurfs...

Nonsense, we got Prust, Moen an White that can fight and hit, Emelin hits like a beast + MaxPac and the 6'7 Tinordi coming soon... We are 2 inches and 10lbs smaller today and we are now back to the smurfs status?? lol

irunthepeg 02-26-2013 06:11 PM

Definitely loved him last year. Wasn't gonna be mad at him for a slow start this year... Thanks for the time, Cole!

Whitesnake 02-26-2013 06:12 PM

Bye! Thanks.