HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Post Game Talk: 2/26/13 - Minnesota 2 - Calgary 1 F/OT (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1361253)

GopherState 02-26-2013 10:08 PM

2/26/13 - Minnesota 2 - Calgary 1 F/OT
 
Don't stop the party...discuss a Wild win.

Fel 96 02-26-2013 10:09 PM

Oh you... so early!

Fel 96 02-26-2013 10:16 PM

And here we go...

JamesRanger 02-26-2013 10:16 PM

Yeo's interview sounds like he took our comments personally. I like him as a person. I don't like him as a coach.

GopherState 02-26-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 60557041)
Oh you... so early!

I thought it would have taken less time.

Fel 96 02-26-2013 10:17 PM

I already hate my new avatar goddamnit.

But it was worth it.

vitogor 02-26-2013 10:17 PM

Mods are such party poopers.

Sportserie 02-26-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesRanger (Post 60557609)
Yeo's interview sounds like he took our comments personally. I like him as a person. I don't like him as a coach.

You know what? Me too.

Wow, Yeo is almost crying...

Fel 96 02-26-2013 10:17 PM

Everybody is in the Coyle thread I see...

Good luck reading it.

GopherState 02-26-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 60557595)
And here we go...

Oh you...

thestonedkoala 02-26-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHL1674 (Post 60557091)
Top 9....not top 6. Not this year. Not even close.

And you want to build around Parise? You STILL need key guys like Koivu or else you have Gabby 2.0 who has to carry the team by himself. Koivu and Parise work well together and provide some balance.

Cullen has been remarkably solid through this year, except early on, but the whole team was.

Yes. Koivu's contract is going to be like Heatley's in a few year. He's never had elite speed and he's never had any elite abilities. If we build around Parise, it would force this team to realize they need a better center than Koivu to work with Parise. I wish we could buy out and then re-sign Koivu to a lot less cap hit but that's not possible.

So next year, we're going to rely on a bunch of second year players to catapult us into the playoffs? Deep into the playoffs?

But that is an argument for another day. Hopefully we continue building on this.

Billy Mays Here 02-26-2013 10:18 PM

Not a good way for Coyle to be starting his NHL career. If he gets four games I won't be mad. That was a very uncalled for play.

NHL1674 02-26-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 60557041)
Oh you... so early!

Premature moderation? :sarcasm:

DANOZ28 02-26-2013 10:19 PM

coyle's hit looked like a shoulder pop to the head. mean hit but not an elbow punch. hall's hit was more intent to injure imo

Fel 96 02-26-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Yeo said video shows Coyle's shoulder hit Stajan in chest and rode up. Doesn't think he'll face discipline
http://twitter.com/Russostrib/status/306619046772752384

NHL1674 02-26-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 60557859)

It's like a tale of two replays.

TheeNorthStar 02-26-2013 10:20 PM

Yeo sounded different this press conference. I liked his message but... i just cant let him off the hook because of a presser. He is still very unproven and on the hot seat imo. At least he should be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 60557679)
I already hate my new avatar goddamnit.

But it was worth it.

Its necessary evil.

Karl 02-26-2013 10:20 PM


Fel 96 02-26-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by State of Hockey (Post 60557489)
That was an ugly hit. He clearly is going high on Stajan.

Yeah but there was no injury intent.

Billy Mays Here 02-26-2013 10:23 PM

He makes contact with the head and chest at the same time, but you can definitely tell he was looking to hit him in the head. It's not so much the hit itself that pisses me off, it's the fact that the puck was long gone when he hit him. Can't even classify that as finishing your check. He went way out of his way to hit Stajan.

JamesRanger 02-26-2013 10:24 PM

Its a high hit because Coyle is bigger then Stajan. Its unfortunate but hits to the head are dangerous. If it were our player we'd want a couple games.

TaLoN 02-26-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo (Post 60557761)
Cullen has been remarkably solid through this year, except early on, but the whole team was.

Yes. Koivu's contract is going to be like Heatley's in a few year. He's never had elite speed and he's never had any elite abilities. If we build around Parise, it would force this team to realize they need a better center than Koivu to work with Parise. I wish we could buy out and then re-sign Koivu to a lot less cap hit but that's not possible.

So next year, we're going to rely on a bunch of second year players to catapult us into the playoffs? Deep into the playoffs?

But that is an argument for another day. Hopefully we continue building on this.

If Cullen stays another year, it's not as a top 6 forward. Late in tonight's game Granlund was again centering the 2nd line, Cullen the 3rd and Brodziak the 4th.

Fel 96 02-26-2013 10:27 PM

http://twitter.com/mnwildPR/status/306620979554172928
http://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQQ...JdwvsWCyMA3DDs

Weird that Tony DaCosta stopped tweeting since the EDM incident...

Billy Mays Here 02-26-2013 10:27 PM

Yeah if Cullen is re-signed it's only to be a 3rd liner, likely on the LW alongside Brodziak and Clutter. In case of injury though he can step back into the top 6. Cullen fits the mold of a 3rd liner better than Bouchard does. It's nice to have two centers on a line too for those times when Brodziak gets kicked from the circle.

Karl 02-26-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 60558499)

Probably got put on a twitter suspension for a week or two.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.