HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Soccer (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Top 5 players in these categories (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1361411)

VanCityCanuck 02-27-2013 05:05 AM

Top 5 players in these categories

Top 5 strikers right now.

Top 5 dribblers in soccer.

Top 5 skillful players in soccer.

What do you guys think ? Would like to know your opinions.

AlMo 02-27-2013 07:56 AM

Strikers

Van Persie
Lewandowski
Ibrahimovic
Falcao
Saurez/Cavani (can't decide)

VanCityCanuck 02-27-2013 01:01 PM

Do you just hate messi or forgot about him ?

Mr Irreverent 02-27-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanCityCanuck (Post 60570355)

In no particular order...

Strikers:

Falcao
Suarez
Cavani
Ibra
Van Persie

Dribblers:

Ribery
Messi
Gotze
Ronaldo
Neymar

Skillfull:

Messi
Ronaldo
Iniesta
Falcao
Neymar

Live in the Now 02-27-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanCityCanuck (Post 60585695)
Do you just hate messi or forgot about him ?

I don't consider Messi a striker myself.

Strikers:

Falcao
Suarez
Ibrahimovic
Cavani
van Persie

Dribblers:

Messi
Ronaldo
Lavezzi
Ozil
Suarez

Skillful:

Messi
Iniesta
Ozil
Pirlo
D. Silva

VanCityCanuck 02-27-2013 02:36 PM

Messi was originally a winger right ? And ibrah was the striker. But then they moved him to striker and the rest was history

cgf 02-27-2013 02:47 PM

dribblers:
Messi
Iniesta
Gotze
Ozil
Ribery

Those 5 can go into a crowd and weave through it like no other players in the world.

S E P H 02-27-2013 03:09 PM

Ozil is hella overrated.

Also Robben is an amazing dribbler same with Reus, I would take any of his skill over Neymar, though Neymar has amazing pace.

McSorleyStick 02-27-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent (Post 60589397)
In no particular order...

Strikers:

Falcao
Suarez
Cavani
Ibra
Van Persie

Dribblers:

Ribery
Messi
Gotze
Ronaldo
Neymar

Skillfull:

Messi
Ronaldo
Iniesta
Falcao
Neymar

Hard to disagree with your list

Evilo 02-27-2013 04:00 PM

Robben is arguably the top dribbler.

Hazard can be quite the dribbler himself when he wants to.

cgf 02-27-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 60593221)
Ozil is hella overrated.

Also Robben is an amazing dribbler same with Reus, I would take any of his skill over Neymar, though Neymar has amazing pace.

No he's not, Ozil can dip into traffic with the ball and get through it to where he wants to go in a way few can, guys like Robben, Reus and Neymar need much more space, Ozil's right there with Gotze, Iniesta, Messi and Ribery.

Schalkenullvier* 02-27-2013 06:18 PM

yeah I don't think Ízil is overrated, he's actually quite subtle in his game, which will lead many to stupid statements such as saying he disappears in big games.

I'm a little bit disappointed with Ronaldo's displays of skill since the transfer to real; nowaways 90% of the time when he wants to get pst a defender he'll just put the ball behind him and run after it. Whatever works for him I guess, but that's a far cry from the moves he had when he was with United.

GarretJoseph 02-27-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanCityCanuck (Post 60570355)

This is just based on what games I've watched and seen.

Strikers: Falcao, Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic, Van Persie

Dribblers: Ronaldo, Neymar, Bale, Ronaldinho, Robben, Hazarrd (ok so six)

Skillful: Ronaldo, Messi, Ronaldinho, Ibrahimovic, Iniesta

Jonimaus 02-27-2013 07:33 PM

How far has Ronaldinho fallen? He is arguably the most skillfull player ever.

Live in the Now 02-27-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonimaus (Post 60609215)
How far has Ronaldinho fallen? He is arguably the most skillfull player ever.

He's still very good but hardly anyone watches him. Scores great goals too...

Mr Irreverent 02-27-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilo (Post 60596145)
Robben is arguably the top dribbler.

Hazard can be quite the dribbler himself when he wants to.

Robben is a great dribbler, but he's not as consistent to be put in the top 5. At least that's how I feel.

And Ozil is an amazing playmaker, I wouldn't consider him a "dribbler".

S E P H 02-27-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgf (Post 60598483)
No he's not, Ozil can dip into traffic with the ball and get through it to where he wants to go in a way few can, guys like Robben, Reus and Neymar need much more space, Ozil's right there with Gotze, Iniesta, Messi and Ribery.

He is a fantastic playmaker, no doubt about that, but I think he is overrated in other categories like dribbling, pace, shooting, etc.

I prefer Schweinsteiger with soon to be Gotze and Reus over him. You have to admit that Reus is a better overall player (besides passing) than Ozil, well maybe not now, but soon.

cgf 02-27-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 60614169)
He is a fantastic playmaker, no doubt about that, but I think he is overrated in other categories like dribbling, pace, shooting, etc.

I prefer Schweinsteiger with soon to be Gotze and Reus over him. You have to admit that Reus is a better overall player (besides passing) than Ozil, well maybe not now, but soon.

It's tricky, because Reus is my favorite player we have right now, and he's unbelievable in space, he just drifts past defenders with his pace and subtle touches in a way not few players in the world other than CR7 can, but he doesn't have that unreal tight control to go through 3-4 defenders and find room to make the killer pass the way Gotze can, the way Iniesta can and the way Ozil can.

As overall players I think that for now Ozil is better, although it's tough because both are actually very well rounded the difference between Ozil's passing and Reus isn't as big as you'd initially suspect given how brilliant Ozil's passing is, and vice versa on the shooting where Reus is fantastic, but Ozil's not that far off, cause when he decides to shoot he's very precise. So for me that dribbling advantage and the connected greater ability to carry more of the creative burden against a bunkered in opponent, settles it for Reus, but Marco has his advantages in his speed and finishing.

And I love Schweini but he's not even in our top 3 best players any more. Ozil, Reus and Khedira have already surpassed him, Gotze and Hummels are damn close, and both Kroos and Gundogan aren't far off either.

Gundogan won't get enough love, but his skillset is pretty amazing, he really is like a german Xavi with the way he wiggles around the midfield press to take in any pass and keep the ball flowing forward quickly. That takes great touch on the ball and the pass. Add in his ability to tear a game open with his long balls and he might just end up the most important german of this generation if he really becomes the Xavi/Pirlo he's shown the talent, work-rate and intelligence to become.

Evilo 02-28-2013 01:45 AM

Right now Ozil is the better player IMO.
And Ozil does disappear in games. Not in big games IMO because he can be pretty good in big games but he does disappear once in a while. He's not overly consistant.

les Habs 02-28-2013 03:12 AM

How Messi or Iniesta aren't top five dribblers is beyond me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier (Post 60602919)

I'm a little bit disappointed with Ronaldo's displays of skill since the transfer to real; nowaways 90% of the time when he wants to get pst a defender he'll just put the ball behind him and run after it. Whatever works for him I guess, but that's a far cry from the moves he had when he was with United.

Yeah, he doesn't get past players very often unless he's utilizing his speed or already running. That's not to say he never does or that he can't, but not nearly like he did in the past.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilo (Post 60637083)
And Ozil does disappear in games. Not in big games IMO because he can be pretty good in big games but he does disappear once in a while. He's not overly consistant.

Yeah, I'd say it's more of a consistency thing. I don't think he's always benefitting player under Mourinho either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgf (Post 60616403)
It's tricky, because Reus is my favorite player we have right now, and he's unbelievable in space, he just drifts past defenders with his pace and subtle touches in a way not few players in the world other than CR7 can, but he doesn't have that unreal tight control to go through 3-4 defenders and find room to make the killer pass the way Gotze can, the way Iniesta can and the way Ozil can.

As overall players I think that for now Ozil is better, although it's tough because both are actually very well rounded the difference between Ozil's passing and Reus isn't as big as you'd initially suspect given how brilliant Ozil's passing is, and vice versa on the shooting where Reus is fantastic, but Ozil's not that far off, cause when he decides to shoot he's very precise. So for me that dribbling advantage and the connected greater ability to carry more of the creative burden against a bunkered in opponent, settles it for Reus, but Marco has his advantages in his speed and finishing.

And I love Schweini but he's not even in our top 3 best players any more. Ozil, Reus and Khedira have already surpassed him, Gotze and Hummels are damn close, and both Kroos and Gundogan aren't far off either.

Gundogan won't get enough love, but his skillset is pretty amazing, he really is like a german Xavi with the way he wiggles around the midfield press to take in any pass and keep the ball flowing forward quickly. That takes great touch on the ball and the pass. Add in his ability to tear a game open with his long balls and he might just end up the most important german of this generation if he really becomes the Xavi/Pirlo he's shown the talent, work-rate and intelligence to become.

Different players really, and even different roles, right? I ask more because I've not seen a lot of Reus. Ozil is definitely more creative though.

BSHH 02-28-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilo (Post 60637083)

Ízil indeed disappears sometimes. At least in games for Germany against more challenging opponents, neither Reus nor Schweinsteiger were able to take over and lead Germany instead of Ízil. Thus I would rank Ízil higher and also consider him as key player for Germany in 2014.

Gru▀,
BSHH

VanCityCanuck 02-28-2013 03:24 PM

Messi and ronaldo are definitely in there own class.
Which other players would you guys consider that are right up there with him.
Forwards only.

Edit: just to quickly name one player. Ibrah.

VanCityCanuck 03-05-2013 03:01 AM

Bump !

Vasilevskiy 03-05-2013 07:01 AM

Strikers:

Messi
Falcao
Ibrahimovic
Cristiano Ronaldo
Van Persie

Dribblers:

Iniesta
Messi
Neymar
Cristiano Ronaldo
Ribery

Skillfull:

Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo
Iniesta
Ibrahimovic
G÷tze

ck26 03-05-2013 07:40 AM

Strikers: Leo Messi, Radomel Falcao, Robin van Persie, David Villa,

Dribblers: Leo Messi, Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta, Cristiano Ronaldo, Arjen Robben

Skill: Leo Messi, Neymar, Adel Taarbat (Queens Park Rangers), Ronaldinho, Clint Dempsey