HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1361529)

hototogisu 02-27-2013 10:59 AM

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Previous thread at its limit, continue here.

cphabs 02-27-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs
Chasing "coeds", let alone "partying with them", should be an olympic event. Two of my brothers were found naked, with batman masks glued to their faces, after attending a sorority "social". Make no mistake! Kristo's 4 years in the NCAA will pay off for us. He has experienced a level of hedonism that would make Montreal look like Salt Lake City.

"Clearly you haven't experienced Montreal to its fullest..."

Well hello there Mr. Fancy Pants! Clearly, you have not been an NCAA D1 star playing where it snows a lot, while the general weather for the entire state, regardless of season, is commonly known as "crap". Most people, including college students, like to stay inside when the weather is crappy. I know most us would think that cramming 3000 eighteen year olds together, in crappy weather, would lend itself to less distraction while studying. I may be the first to say this! It does NOT!

All kidding aside, I think Kristo is a HELL of a lot smarter than most. Trade this kid and he will bite us in the arss every step of the way. My .02

Ubercron9000 02-27-2013 09:27 PM

Anyone think dalton thrower should become a forward? I'd like him to beome a prust 2.0 tough guy with decent hockey skills.

dackelljuneaubulis02 02-27-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 (Post 60615181)
Anyone think dalton thrower should become a forward? I'd like him to beome a prust 2.0 tough guy with decent hockey skills.

Love this idea.

ChoseLa 02-27-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

He has some very good sillz in the offensive zone. He would be a pain the ass for goalies all around the league. I thought about it before, if we're 2 that might be an idea that will get to management.

Whitesnake 02-27-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

I was actually thinking about that not that long ago. Could be a very good idea.

MarkovsKnee 02-27-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

It's an interesting thought because he does have good offensive skills and it worked exceptionally well with Wendel Clark as well as some other players. It's also a thought given that the Habs have some offensive depth on D but not so much when it comes to tough guys with skill.

Marc the Habs Fan 02-27-2013 11:27 PM

2 straight games for Dietz without a point.

Wasted pick. :shakehead

Timmins. :shakehead

:sarcasm:

Ayatollah Chowmeini 02-28-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

I don't like defensemen to be fighters anyway.

dackelljuneaubulis02 02-28-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

We did this with Wyman.

I can't even express how much I think this idea desperately needs to happen. We don't have any forwards like that in our system.

The more I think about it I am certain this will happen.

habsprospects 02-28-2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makbowles (Post 60636701)
We did this with Wyman.

Wyman is a forward that played some games in the NCAA and AHL as a D because of injuries.

Marc the Habs Fan 02-28-2013 08:36 PM

Wow, Archambault vs Hudon tonight...Archambault has 2 goals and 2 assists as his Volts are up 4-0.

Vail the defenceman has 2 assists.

Ghetto Sangria 02-28-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 60684841)
Wow, Archambault vs Hudon tonight...Archambault has 2 goals and 2 assists as his Volts are up 4-0.

Archambault is finally over a PPG!!!

uncleben85 03-01-2013 02:26 AM

Don't mean to dig up and old thread, I was just wondering if anyone can clarify what happened to Berger's contract?

It seems as though Berger's contract was indeed mutually terminated, however it is unclear what "mutual terminated" means? Is it the same process as a buyout, just with a fancy name to show mutual intent? Or is a mutual termination free from cap penalty (capgeek does not list him as a buyot)?

schumway2 03-01-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncleben85 (Post 60721747)
Don't mean to dig up and old thread, I was just wondering if anyone can clarify what happened to Berger's contract?

It seems as though Berger's contract was indeed mutually terminated, however it is unclear what "mutual terminated" means? Is it the same process as a buyout, just with a fancy name to show mutual intent? Or is a mutual termination free from cap penalty (capgeek does not list him as a buyot)?

No it means they tore up his contract. They both agreed to part ways.

uncleben85 03-01-2013 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schumway2 (Post 60721813)
No it means they tore up his contract. They both agreed to part ways.

Thanks for the quick answer!
No penalty at all, eh?

...Why don't we see this more often?
ie. Why wouldn't Redden (if confident he could get an NHL contract elsewhere) terminate his deal with NYR? Why wouldn't Nylander have saved himself from that ridiculous drama with Washingont? They didn't want him, he didn't want to stay, and he had suitors in Europe. Strange.

dackelljuneaubulis02 03-01-2013 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 60684841)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez (Post 60688025)
Archambault is finally over a PPG!!!

With MB's boosts to our player dev. infrastructure, skilled long shots like Archie need to be seriously considered. A player like him that has a few issues can potentially flourish in this environment.

I'm sorry but I still can't get over the Thrower as a forward idea. So bloody brilliant. Does anybody have a pipeline to Habs management for chrissakes?!

The Bulldogs might just have to do it out of necessity next year regardless.

I really think he could be a Clarkson type which would be unreal. Man it's a good time to be a Hab fan!

DAChampion 03-01-2013 02:54 AM

I remember back in 2008 and 2009, many Has fans thought Susan should be converted tyo forward because he did not know how to play D.

keepcalmandbeninja 03-01-2013 03:19 AM

Quote:

No penalty at all, eh?

ie. Why wouldn't Redden (if confident he could get an NHL contract elsewhere) terminate his deal with NYR? Why wouldn't Nylander have saved himself from that ridiculous drama with Washingont? They didn't want him, he didn't want to stay, and he had suitors in Europe. Strange.
Perhaps player gets less money if they mutually terminate? At least if I recall correctly that was the case in EHM...

Ubercron9000 03-01-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAChampion (Post 60722187)
I remember back in 2008 and 2009, many Has fans thought Susan should be converted tyo forward because he did not know how to play D.

It isn't everyday that a player is switched positions to defense to offense but we seem to have a lot of great defensive prospects. Thrower could become a real good defenseman. But he has intangibles to become a really great 3rd liner who is tough and can bring some decent enough offense. I wouldn't mind trying him as a winger in the ahl depending on our defensive depth in the future.

If it maximizes his chances of making it to the nhl then so be it. Depends how versatile he can be at switching positions, it can be a tough transition.

Dada 03-01-2013 06:27 AM

So Archy is more than a PPG, I never really saw him play, is he good enough to become something else than an AHLer ? do we offer him a contract in Hamilton or ... LET STORTINI LEAD OUR DOGS OFFENSE ?

Analyzer 03-01-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncleben85 (Post 60721913)
No penalty at all, eh?

Probably because Redden wouldn't get anything near 6.5 mill

Whitesnake 03-01-2013 06:52 AM

There is no way that a franco at PPG or near it will be let go. Bergevin will never take that chance.

didouche 03-01-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dada (Post 60723871)
So Archy is more than a PPG, I never really saw him play, is he good enough to become something else than an AHLer ? do we offer him a contract in Hamilton or ... LET STORTINI LEAD OUR DOGS OFFENSE ?

haven't seen him lately but 2-3 months ago he was non-existent... looked like a future AHL'er...which is not a bad thing in itself...we need depth at that level too...

Corncob 03-01-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncleben85 (Post 60721913)
ie. Why wouldn't Redden (if confident he could get an NHL contract elsewhere) terminate his deal with NYR?

Because Redden was still owed 23 million dollars on his contract when first sent down by NYR and wouldn't have earned anywhere near that as free agent for the same period. This season as a free agent he's signed for 800k (plus possible 200k bonuses) for a year.