HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Injury Report: Kesler out with a broken foot (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1361689)

MAGICMAN1963 02-27-2013 01:03 PM

Kesler out with a broken foot
 
Steve Ewen ‏@SteveEwen
#Canucks Ryan Kesler just walked down the hall at Rogers wearing an air cast on his right foot. More to come later. Practice at 11 a.m.

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by @benkuzma
Agent confirms Kesler broke right foot blocking shot in Dallas on Feb . 21, three games ago.


Lonny Bohonos 02-27-2013 01:04 PM

Nice.... :facepalm:

Grub 02-27-2013 01:05 PM

Well at least now he has an excuse again when he struggles during the playoffs....:shakehead

What ever happened to easing him into the line-up?

Lonny Bohonos 02-27-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grub (Post 60585915)
Well at least now he has an excuse again when he struggles during the playoffs....:shakehead

What ever happened to easing him into the line-up?

How would easing him in prevent a totally different injury?

MAGICMAN1963 02-27-2013 01:10 PM

Omg whats next,,Booth?

Grub 02-27-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAGICMAN1963 (Post 60586187)
Omg whats next,,Booth?

This team has always been 1 Sedin away from calling it a season as proven by last year.

DennisReynolds 02-27-2013 01:16 PM

He got hit on his ankle against the Blues I think. He looked like he was hurt from that

nucksfan8888 02-27-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos (Post 60586103)
How would easing him in prevent a totally different injury?

Because he wasn't in game shape and AV tried to put him into a heavy minute role right away when he obviously isn't ready and needs to over exert himself just stay with the play?

If it's a sprain or strain of muscles or ligaments I think the easing into the lineup definitely would have prevented it.

If it's from a blocked shot or slash on the penalty kill, than it's not so much as easing him back in as saving him for the playoffs. IMO I would sparingly use Kesler on the PK, and not against the teams with big point shots until the playoffs, he's too valuable to be blocking shots in the regular season.

MAGICMAN1963 02-27-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grub (Post 60586363)
This team has always been 1 Sedin away from calling it a season as proven by last year.

Totally true,but id rather have the 2 of them.

MAGICMAN1963 02-27-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nucksfan8888 (Post 60586595)
Because he wasn't in game shape and AV tried to put him into a heavy minute role right away when he obviously isn't ready and needs to over exert himself just stay with the play?

If it's a sprain or strain of muscles or ligaments I think the easing into the lineup definitely would have prevented it.

If it's from a blocked shot or slash on the penalty kill, than it's not so much as easing him back in as saving him for the playoffs. IMO I would sparingly use Kesler on the PK, and not against the teams with big point shots until the playoffs, he's too valuable to be blocking shots in the regular season.

This is why AV needs to go.

Benjo 02-27-2013 01:26 PM

Good luck easing Kesler into anything, that man goes full bore at all times. He will have a shorter career because of it, but don't expect guys like him to change.

Lonny Bohonos 02-27-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nucksfan8888 (Post 60586595)
Because he wasn't in game shape and AV tried to put him into a heavy minute role right away when he obviously isn't ready and needs to over exert himself just stay with the play?

If it's a sprain or strain of muscles or ligaments I think the easing into the lineup definitely would have prevented it.

If it's from a blocked shot or slash on the penalty kill, than it's not so much as easing him back in as saving him for the playoffs. IMO I would sparingly use Kesler on the PK, and not against the teams with big point shots until the playoffs, he's too valuable to be blocking shots in the regular season.

If it was a strain or sprain it could have absolutely nothing to do with not easing him in.

shortshorts 02-27-2013 01:32 PM

"Kesler is clearly not playing Selke defense because he's trying not to get hurt"

Crows* 02-27-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjo (Post 60587065)
Good luck easing Kesler into anything, that man goes full bore at all times. He will have a shorter career because of it, but don't expect guys like him to change.

Freak injury. He took a shot off the skate last night.

ARSix 02-27-2013 01:36 PM

EVERYBODY PANIC

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Seriously how about we wait until we find out if he has a bruise from blocking a shot or a minor ankle sprain or something. The team doesn't even play until Saturday.

thepuckmonster 02-27-2013 01:38 PM

**** you Kesler.

hackey 02-27-2013 01:38 PM

Without Kesler
8 - 2 - 2

With Kesler in lineup
2 - 3 - 2


10 - 5 - 4

Just saying

MeticulouslyDishevel 02-27-2013 01:42 PM

Kesler is the new Sami Salo

opendoor 02-27-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackey (Post 60587705)
Without Kesler
8 - 2 - 2

With Kesler in lineup
2 - 3 - 2


10 - 5 - 4

Just saying

Take out the NW division games and compare the records:

Without Kesler:

2-2-1


With Kesler:

2-3-2


Basically they had one of the softest schedules in the league over the first 10-12 games and that's why they had the start they did.

nucksfan8888 02-27-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos (Post 60587251)
If it was a strain or sprain it could have absolutely nothing to do with not easing him in.

Have you ever tried to play as a call up in a beer league when you haven't played in months, but the other guys are in mid season form? You put yourself in situations where you're reaching or over exerting yourself to stay with the play.

Now these are professional athletes, the level they play it is much higher, so for someone to come in be expected to play the toughest minutes on a team, it couldn't have helped the situation.

But it doesn't matter, apparently it's from a shot block and thats a different issue not related to easing him back in because of injury.

Lonny Bohonos 02-27-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nucksfan8888 (Post 60588015)
Have you ever tried to play as a call up in a beer league when you haven't played in months, but the other guys are in mid season form? You put yourself in situations where you're reaching or over exerting yourself to stay with the play.

Now these are professional athletes, the level they play it is much higher, so for someone to come in be expected to play the toughest minutes on a team, it couldn't have helped the situation.

But it doesn't matter, apparently it's from a shot block and thats a different issue not related to easing him back in because of injury.

I did start playing after 12 years off but not sure what that has to do with kesler.

And its his foot. The only time i injured soft tissue in my foot is either from puck or from high ankle sprain from catching a rut. Neither have to do with condition or not being eased in.

Horvat2Virtanen 02-27-2013 01:49 PM

Maybe he's just taking a day off. Team doesn't play till Saturday!

M A K A V E L I* 02-27-2013 01:49 PM

Looks like David Backes has found himself a Kesler voodoo doll.

aandbreatheme 02-27-2013 01:52 PM

:facepalm:

Things just keep gettin' better around here. :help:

Alflives 02-27-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARSix (Post 60587589)
EVERYBODY PANIC

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Seriously how about we wait until we find out if he has a bruise from blocking a shot or a minor ankle sprain or something. The team doesn't even play until Saturday.

Bruised feet do not get casted, only breaks.
The Canucks will do better without Kesler. Burrows is a more effective center, and it forces coach V to play Kassian with the Sedins - where he belongs.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.