HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Speculation: Predict the 6th seed (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1362027)

goodluckchuck 02-27-2013 07:18 PM

Predict the 6th seed
 
Let's face it, we aren't good enough to catch Anaheim for the second seed, and we certainly aren't good to enough to catch up to Chicago.

That leaves the 3rd seed for the Canucks and a showdown vs the 6th seed.

As it stands right now, the 6th seed is Dallas Stars, but positions between 4 - 11 are wideopen, and are only separated by 3 points max. 4th seed Nashville is at 23 points, while the 11th seed Minnesota is at 20 points.

It's tough to say what will eventually happen, but one thing is for sure. The Canucks will win their division and finish with the 3rd seed (barring a major collapse)

In my opinion, Dallas would be the easiest compared to Sharks, Red Wings, and even the Kings.

Essentially, who would you like to see the Canucks face in the first round.

Hammer79 02-27-2013 07:52 PM

Anaheim will come off their hot-streak once Viktor Fasth cools off. Hiller has been bad this year. Soon they will have to make a decision whether to hold onto Getzlaf and Perry, especially if it becomes clear they aren't going to re-sign in Anaheim. I think they will probably end up in 3rd seed. Vancouver will probably pick up enough points in divisional games to take the 2nd seed.

Who do the Canucks want to face? Dallas.

timw33 02-27-2013 07:55 PM

Unless we blow it and lose the NW division title. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here.

Bleach Clean 02-27-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timw33 (Post 60611661)
Unless we blow it and lose the NW division title. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here.

Correct. No need to project this far ahead. But in the land of fantasy, if they did secure the 3rd spot, I think the 6th seed would be the LA Kings because a poor season needs the perfect ending.

serge2k 02-27-2013 08:43 PM

If they finish third they won't be playing well enough to last more than a round, maybe two.

So it really doesn't matter.

Samzilla 02-27-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serge2k (Post 60616587)
If they finish third they won't be playing well enough to last more than a round, maybe two.

So it really doesn't matter.

You mean like LA who finished 8th and in their last two regular season games blew a 2 goal third period lead to lose both times?

serge2k 02-27-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samzilla (Post 60617311)
You mean like LA who finished 8th and in their last two regular season games blew a 2 goal third period lead to lose both times?

I mean like the Canucks who played like crap for half a season and got embarrassed in the first round.

VanCanucks14 02-27-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samzilla (Post 60617311)
You mean like LA who finished 8th and in their last two regular season games blew a 2 goal third period lead to lose both times?

I don't think it's fair to look at LA's last two games. After the coaching change LA was a completely different team. They were very confident going into the playoffs and I remember being very wary of playing them as well. Much better than an 8th seed and everyone knew it.

Reverend Mayhem 02-27-2013 09:01 PM

Let's face it, Anaheim has been getting ridiculous goaltending this year.

aandbreatheme 02-27-2013 09:02 PM

I don't really feel like talking about the playoffs right now. :whatever:

serge2k 02-27-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanCanucks17 (Post 60618173)
I don't think it's fair to look at LA's last two games. After the coaching change LA was a completely different team. They were very confident going into the playoffs and I remember being very wary of playing them as well. Much better than an 8th seed and everyone knew it.

I don't remember the last season I didn't hear about how the "8th seed is better than an 8th seed".

Zombotron 02-27-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer79 (Post 60611231)
Who do the Canucks want to face? Dallas.

I'd like to see them go up against Nashville, given AV's apparent mastery of Trotz's system. :dunno:

Easy mode: Colorado. But that's a pipe dream.

Bourne Endeavor 02-27-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleach Clean (Post 60612289)
Correct. No need to project this far ahead. But in the land of fantasy, if they did secure the 3rd spot, I think the 6th seed would be the LA Kings because a poor season needs the perfect ending.

Came here to say exactly this. Honestly, I want it to be the Kings. That way if we do get bounced it may be enough to end AV's tenure.

Wheatley 02-27-2013 09:41 PM

I have a feeling it's going to be Dallas. The games against them this year have had a lot emotion between the two teams and pretty entertaining hockey to watch.

I think it would be a fun series and one of easier ones for the Canucks. It gets my vote.

Zombotron 02-27-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheatley (Post 60623321)
I have a feeling it's going to be Dallas. The games against them this year have had a lot emotion between the two teams and pretty entertaining hockey to watch.

I think it would be a fun series and one of easier ones for the Canucks. It gets my vote.

And the seeds would be sown for Canucks fans to start hating their native sons, Jamie Benn and Brenden Dillion.

Christina Woloski 02-27-2013 10:46 PM

Dallas rivalry without Ott is not exactly the same IMO. Still there though.

I'm calling San Jose or LA.

Either, a tough rival type series.

Smokey McCanucks 02-28-2013 12:29 AM

Canucks ought to finish second, Anaheim will be in tough as the Kings turn it on, they won't be second with that division, no way. We have such an easy sked this month, April's not terrible either except that last week. I think we will finally have that Vancouver-Detroit matchup everyone's been wanting for years, Wings will be a dangerous 7th seed.

Royal Canuck 02-28-2013 01:03 AM

I hate talking about playoffs when we're 19 games into the season.

It shouldn't be, "It's a given we will win the NW again" because it's not. What if Edmonton and Minnesota turn on the jets and we continue to slump. All of the sudden, we're in 9th place panicking and EDM and MIN are laughing their way into the playoffs because we think it's a "given" that not only we make the playoffs, but win the NW Division. We're missing 1 of our Top-3 forwards for virtually the entire season, It's not going to be a walk in the park to win the division this year like everyone thinks it will. What if a Sedin goes down next? Luongo? Edler? Schneider? All of the sudden we need our depth guys (Ebbett, Barker, Vandermeer etc.) to really step it up and fill some big shoes.

It's the NHL people, anything can happen.

Virtanen2Horvat 02-28-2013 01:07 AM

I say 1st round we vs Dallas or San Jose. I sure hope we catch on fire around playoffs.

Vankiller Whale 02-28-2013 01:25 AM

One of Dallas, Minnesota, or Phoenix is my guess.

MISC* 02-28-2013 01:40 AM

Wings or Nashville

David Booth Fan 02-28-2013 01:44 AM

it will be phoenix

keslerbomb 02-28-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer79 (Post 60611231)
Anaheim will come off their hot-streak once Viktor Fasth cools off. Hiller has been bad this year. Soon they will have to make a decision whether to hold onto Getzlaf and Perry, especially if it becomes clear they aren't going to re-sign in Anaheim. I think they will probably end up in 3rd seed. Vancouver will probably pick up enough points in divisional games to take the 2nd seed.

Who do the Canucks want to face? Dallas.

Why do you assume Fasth will cool off, but Hiller won't rebound? Hillers been very good the past few seasons, I can't see him doing to poorly.

keslerbomb 02-28-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Canuck (Post 60636299)
I hate talking about playoffs when we're 19 games into the season.

It shouldn't be, "It's a given we will win the NW again" because it's not. What if Edmonton and Minnesota turn on the jets and we continue to slump. All of the sudden, we're in 9th place panicking and EDM and MIN are laughing their way into the playoffs because we think it's a "given" that not only we make the playoffs, but win the NW Division. We're missing 1 of our Top-3 forwards for virtually the entire season, It's not going to be a walk in the park to win the division this year like everyone thinks it will. What if a Sedin goes down next? Luongo? Edler? Schneider? All of the sudden we need our depth guys (Ebbett, Barker, Vandermeer etc.) to really step it up and fill some big shoes.

It's the NHL people, anything can happen.

Luckily, what we the fans think doesn't matter at all. Just because some forum users are assuming we're going to win the division doesn't mean the players/coaches are.

Derp Kassian 02-28-2013 02:47 AM

Detroit, like Botchford said a Twins vs Detroit Twins series has yet to happen and it'll be a shame if it doesn't happen.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.