HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Flyers-Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1362449)

Hall2Nuge2Ebs 02-27-2013 11:51 PM

Flyers-Oilers
 
To Flyers:

Sam Gagner
2013 1st round pick

To Oilers

The Schenns

Willing to throw in Whitney for some philly cheesesteak sandwiches

What do you guys think? Good value? Who would need to add?

Brentwood1 02-27-2013 11:52 PM

Oilers need to add A LOT

96 02-27-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugie Boy (Post 60633557)
What do you guys think? Good value? Who would need to add?

Terrible value for the Flyers. Each Schenn is worth more individually than Sam Gagner. The 1st round pick isn't even close to making up the difference. Both Schenns were drafted 5th overall and have been playing extremely well this year, so they are each worth more than a 1st round pick as well. Luke and Brayden exemplify the type of hockey that the Flyers like to play.

LPH 02-27-2013 11:55 PM

Flyers get hosed, Philly cheesesteaks >>> Whitney AINEC

FlyLife 02-27-2013 11:55 PM

Yea, no

dahrougem2 02-27-2013 11:56 PM

In order for this trade to work, you likely need to add Oscar Klefbom into the trade

PAZ 02-27-2013 11:56 PM

Horrid.

Not even going to touch the value, but answer me this: how does this help Philly? Both Schenns are in the NHL with upside, Gagner has looked a lot better this year but they don't need him.

Hall2Nuge2Ebs 02-28-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAZ (Post 60633843)
Horrid.

Not even going to touch the value, but answer me this: how does this help Philly? Both Schenns are in the NHL with upside, Gagner has looked a lot better this year but they don't need him.

Gagner is a legitimate second line center and the 1st could very likely be a top 5 pick

So Schenns for Gagner, Jones/Drouin/Mackinnon/Barkov/Monahan

96 02-28-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugie Boy (Post 60634047)
Gagner is a legitimate second line center and the 1st could very likely be a top 5 pick

So Schenns for Gagner, Jones/Drouin/Mackinnon/Barkov/Monahan

Dude. Both Schenns were top 5 draft picks, plus they have already gone through the whole development phase and solidified themselves as solid NHL players with room to grow. Sure, Gagner is a legitimate 2nd line center, but so is Brayden Schenn. Add to that the fact that Brayden is younger and has more size, physicality, and upside than Gagner, and there is absolutely no reason for the Flyers to make this trade.

Joey Moss 02-28-2013 12:06 AM

Even if its a top 5 pick Philly doesn't do it.

litflyersfan 02-28-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugie Boy (Post 60634047)
Gagner is a legitimate second line center and the 1st could very likely be a top 5 pick

So Schenns for Gagner, Jones/Drouin/Mackinnon/Barkov/Monahan

Unless it's absolutely guaranteed to be Jones, no dice. At that point why the heck would you even consider it, Jones would be even more valuable to you going forward than to us.

Mr Forever 02-28-2013 12:08 AM

Nick Shultz, Gagner, Klefbom and a 3rd for the Schenns is a better offer.

93calder2012 02-28-2013 12:18 AM

Oilers big wigs scouting Philly- Washington game ?
 
So I just read an article that Oilers office leaked info that pro scouting and the top dogs were at the game tonight. After reading an article earlier this week and hearing a friend (in organization) hint at them scouting Tor-Philly game recently. I'm lead to believe that there is Intrest in Philly. But who? Couturier? Simmonds? Schenn's? It can't be d as Philly is tight there.

Hall2Nuge2Ebs 02-28-2013 12:19 AM

Ok how about Petry and a 1st for Couturier?

SnS 02-28-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugie Boy (Post 60634859)
Ok how about Petry and a 1st for Couturier?

No to this and no to the OP.

litflyersfan 02-28-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugie Boy (Post 60634859)
Ok how about Petry and a 1st for Couturier?

:laugh:

MAB/Gus and 1st for Eberle?

Eberle's scoring is down, he's obviously peaked and you should consider your options at this point.

Mgkibbles 02-28-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugie Boy (Post 60634859)
Ok how about Petry and a 1st for Couturier?

Really?

93calder2012 02-28-2013 12:24 AM

Couturier?
 
I think it is Couturier. Gagner or Hemsky+ pick(s) + prospect! These would be high picks. I just can't see Simmonds with his performance and contract and the Schenn's aren't going.

Hall2Nuge2Ebs 02-28-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93calder2012 (Post 60635043)
I think it is Couturier. Gagner or Hemsky+ pick(s) + prospect! These would be high picks. I just can't see Simmonds with his performance and contract and the Schenn's aren't going.

I would do Hemsky + 1st for Couturier

Mgkibbles 02-28-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93calder2012 (Post 60634835)
So I just read an article that Oilers office leaked info that pro scouting and the top dogs were at the game tonight. After reading an article earlier this week and hearing a friend (in organization) hint at them scouting Tor-Philly game recently. I'm lead to believe that there is Intrest in Philly. But who? Couturier? Simmonds? Schenn's? It can't be d as Philly is tight there.

Probably looking at Timonen or Coburn for defensive help if the Flyers fall out of it.

achdumeingute 02-28-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93calder2012 (Post 60635043)
I think it is Couturier. Gagner or Hemsky+ pick(s) + prospect! These would be high picks. I just can't see Simmonds with his performance and contract and the Schenn's aren't going.

its not. Couts was a non starter for Shea Weber. So was schenn.

achdumeingute 02-28-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugie Boy (Post 60635165)
I would do Hemsky + 1st for Couturier

We wouldnt.

93calder2012 02-28-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgkibbles (Post 60635181)
Probably looking at Timonen or Coburn for defensive help if the Flyers fall out of it.

I don't think it will be a D-man. Maybe a swap with skill for 2-way C. The way Gagner is playing my bet is on him. I think it will be a request for one of the three I listed. Oilers will be adding and probably overpay.

Mgkibbles 02-28-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugie Boy (Post 60635165)
I would do Hemsky + 1st for Couturier

Oh yuck. The only trade involving the Flyers, Oilers and Couturier that would make sense for Philly would be Couturier for Schultz. But that makes no sense for the Oilers since, other than Schultz, your defense is made up of construction cones and scarecrows.

93calder2012 02-28-2013 12:36 AM

All about timing!
 
Fans wouldn't but Philly management makes big trades and usually wins. If the price and timing are right, who knows.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.