HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Tyler Toffoli maintains crown atop Los Angeles Kings Top 20 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1362781)

HF Article 02-28-2013 11:45 AM

Tyler Toffoli maintains crown atop Los Angeles Kings Top 20
 
*
On the Stanley Cup winning roster of the 2012 Los Angeles Kings, there were 12 homegrown, King-drafted players, 10 of whom had spent time in the AHL with the Manchester Monarchs at some point in their career. Over the years the team has built from the draft and tried to develop talent from within rather than trading or building through free agency.



That trend still remains today, and the Kings have built up a solid foundation of many different types of players all across the many developmental leagues in North America including the NCAA, the CHL, and the USHL.… read more



More...

DaAnimal 02-28-2013 12:01 PM

26 goals so far this season :handclap::handclap::handclap:

2nd in the league in goals

I don't want to jinx this guy but if he continues his progression, we might be looking at a calder mem contender :)

kingsfan 02-28-2013 12:05 PM

Very solid list. My only query is how Kolomatis makes it over guys like Prokhorkin, Lowry, and Dowd.

I think the college guys are a bit off, generally rated to low outside of Forbort. But that's likely more to do with my own personal judgement than anything. Also glad to see the Deslauriers supertrain has slowed its roll. Talented kid, but I never seen what all the fuss was about. Hopefully he can still pan out.

Thanks!

Telos 02-28-2013 01:25 PM

Thanks for the writeup. Don't really have any major objections with the list. Very comprehensive and well-written.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaAnimal (Post 60650747)
26 goals so far this season :handclap::handclap::handclap:

2nd in the league in goals

I don't want to jinx this guy but if he continues his progression, we might be looking at a calder mem contender :)

I don't know if he'll get that kind of a chance on the Kings. I suppose it is possible if he sets the world on fire, but we've typically been slow with rookies. I can't picture Sutter immediately putting him up with Kopitar when he joins the big squad and by the time that he does, I'd expect it would be too late to get the points required.

kingsfan 02-28-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 60654781)
Thanks for the writeup. Don't really have any major objections with the list. Very comprehensive and well-written.



I don't know if he'll get that kind of a chance on the Kings. I suppose it is possible if he sets the world on fire, but we've typically been slow with rookies. I can't picture Sutter immediately putting him up with Kopitar when he joins the big squad and by the time that he does, I'd expect it would be too late to get the points required.

I think next year he could be paired with Richards and Carter. If he goes to the net on that line could bang home a lot of Jeff Carter rebounds.

Telos 02-28-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 60657995)
I think next year he could be paired with Richards and Carter. If he goes to the net on that line could bang home a lot of Jeff Carter rebounds.

Perhaps, but I just can't picture a 30 goal scoring rookie on the Kings. Can't picture him on Richards' left wing either. He would need like 25-30 goals and 55-60 points to at least have a shot at the trophy, he would have to be on a top 6 line the entire season without being demoted. Brown barely hits those numbers all the way throughout the year. It is hard to picture a rookie doing it. He may single-handedly accomplish it, but there will be a lot of internal obstacles in his way.

kingsfan 02-28-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 60658573)
Perhaps, but I just can't picture a 30 goal scoring rookie on the Kings. Can't picture him on Richards' left wing either. He would need like 25-30 goals and 55-60 points to at least have a shot at the trophy, he would have to be on a top 6 line the entire season without being demoted. Brown barely hits those numbers all the way throughout the year. It is hard to picture a rookie doing it. He may single-handedly accomplish it, but there will be a lot of internal obstacles in his way.

You defeinately could be right, but I think he'll be our best Calder candidate in years, and he'll be put in a place to accomplish it I think. He'll be 21 next year, which is the same age as Frolov was when he started his 2nd year with the Kings, and he got 24 goals and 48 points.

Telos 02-28-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 60659599)
You defeinately could be right, but I think he'll be our best Calder candidate in years, and he'll be put in a place to accomplish it I think. He'll be 21 next year, which is the same age as Frolov was when he started his 2nd year with the Kings, and he got 24 goals and 48 points.

That's true. He'll absolutely be our best chance at a Calder in a long time, and looking at our depth charter, for a long time.

Knight of the Realm 02-28-2013 04:49 PM

Teddy Purcell also had a great rookie AHL campaign, just saying is all.

Chris43 02-28-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm (Post 60666339)
Teddy Purcell also had a great rookie AHL campaign, just saying is all.

You mean that same Teddy Purcell that has had more points this season than any King? Just saying is all.

Knight of the Realm 02-28-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris43 (Post 60667037)
You mean that same Teddy Purcell that has had more points this season than any King? Just saying is all.

yeah, the one given up on and sent to Tampa Bay and in the end contributed nothing to LA. Not saying it will happen to Toffoli, but LA does not need to rush him.

goosh 02-28-2013 05:11 PM

I really like this list. At this point, given his breakout season, I might swap Vey and Forbort, but other than that it's great, imo.

cdubs 02-28-2013 07:21 PM

Tyler will get his shot in LA either next year or the following season and I'm sure he will contribute right away. Put him on any of the top 3 lines and I think he will be able to succeed with the talent he will be playign with.

Raccoon Jesus 02-28-2013 08:40 PM

This. He seems like the kind of kid that will only play *better* with better players. Should be awesome.

That being said, I agree on the internal obstacles. We're no CBJ or EDM, a team that will immediately has to or will throw a top draft pick on line 1 and hope it pans out. Those guys have immense opportunities for the Calder.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.