HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's your take on Tanguay? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=13631)

Dutchy 09-23-2003 10:17 AM

What's your take on Tanguay?
 
Opportunist or star potential?


Just wondering...

jacklours 09-23-2003 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
Opportunist or star potential?


Just wondering...

He's a good player let's give it to him. Not an all-star though, but he's still good. BUT he plays with all-stars, so he puts up all-star points. You still need some talent though to put up points on the board even though you play with Sakic and Forsberg, and this guy has it.

Dutchy 09-23-2003 10:24 AM

That's also what I think... I was just wondering what you guys think since all summer long we were hearing rumors about Tanguay being dealt for Theo.

jacklours 09-23-2003 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
That's also what I think... I was just wondering what you guys think since all summer long we were hearing rumors about Tanguay being dealt for Theo.

That would have been a bad one since the poor guy would have no onw to play with in MTL exept Koivu, but I don't think he would have made as many points

fatmax 09-23-2003 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
Opportunist or star potential?


Just wondering...

One word: opportunist
One player: Kevin Steven

If he have Star potential, we didn't see that last year when he wasn't playing with Forsberg... of course, he got some skill (he is a NHLer), he skate very well and he's a sniper but there's something missing, maybe grit or balance (because he can be push easilly), maybe he'll understand someday that he might need to step on his pride and start to work harder... but that's what I've been expecting from Brisebois since 2000 and it didn't happen yet so... I give up...

GilleZ 09-23-2003 10:53 AM

Opportunist

Immagine, Zednick at his place in colorado, he would have scored 50 goals!!!

Go Habs Go!!!

Corey 09-23-2003 10:57 AM

The Habs shouldn't trade for Tanguay. They have several promising forward prospects, at least one of whom may turn out to be as good as Tanguay.

Darz 09-23-2003 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
Opportunist or star potential?


Just wondering...

imo, somewhere in the middle of the two. he's still fairly young, so stating he is just an opportunist is a little harsh, but at the same time when you look at the players he plays with.....

VAN-HAB 09-23-2003 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GilleZ
Opportunist

Immagine, Zednick at his place in colorado, he would have scored 50 goals!!!

Go Habs Go!!!

You are perfectly right.... or in a line with Morisson and Naslund. I think Zednik is much better than Tanguay with a lot more grit!

red alert 23 09-23-2003 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
imo, somewhere in the middle of the two. he's still fairly young, so stating he is just an opportunist is a little harsh, but at the same time when you look at the players he plays with.....

You`re right Darz ! Even if I was playing with the players he plays with ; I`d probably score an easy 30 or something !
The best opportunist I can remember is : Rob Brown ( 70 goals)
playing with Super MArio ! What a career he had when he stop playaing with the 66 !!! :lol:

Darz 09-23-2003 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red alert 23
You`re right Darz ! Even if I was playing with the players he plays with ; I`d probably score an easy 30 or something !
The best opportunist I can remember is : Rob Brown ( 70 goals)
playing with Super MArio ! What a career he had when he stop playaing with the 66 !!! :lol:

no 70 goals, but your point about Brown is a good one

1988-89 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 68 49 66 115

of course you could make that arguement about other Lemeiux linemates. how about Warren Young, a player who stuggled to get regular NHL employment, but when put with Mario:

1984-85 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 80 40 32 72

TwineSniper 09-23-2003 12:52 PM

The Alex Tanguay Formula:

40% Skill + 60% leech = Alex Tanguay

red alert 23 09-24-2003 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
no 70 goals, but your point about Brown is a good one

1988-89 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 68 49 66 115

of course you could make that arguement about other Lemeiux linemates. how about Warren Young, a player who stuggled to get regular NHL employment, but when put with Mario:

1984-85 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 80 40 32 72

My bad for the amount of goals on Browns case !
Maybe I`ve mistaking Nichols playing with the Great One !


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.