HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Buffalo Bills - Off-Season 2013 (Draft day draft day gotta get down on draft day) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1363289)

jBuds 02-26-2013 04:49 AM

Buffalo Bills - Off-Season 2013 (Draft day draft day gotta get down on draft day)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Layne Staley (Post 60494821)
My top 15 "draft board". As long as the Bills draft one of these guys at #8 Ill be happy. This is by far one of the worst draft classes in NFL history, there are no clear cut top 5 choices. Joeckel would not even be in the top 5 of most draft classes yet he is #1 in this one almost by default.

1. Luke Joeckel
2. Jarvis Jones
3. Barkevious Mingo
4. Star Lotulelei
5. Geno Smith
6. Damontre Moore
7. Bjoern Werner
8. Alec Ogletree
9. Dion Jordan
10. Eric Fisher
11. Ryan Nassib
12. Sharif Floyd
13. Dee Miliner
14. Lane Johnson
15. Sheldon Richardson

Surprised you have Dee so low. Concerned about the surgery? Because if he is fine/okay, you're looking at a sweet combo of size, speed, and physicality at the CB position.

Takeo 02-26-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layne Staley (Post 60494821)
My top 15 "draft board". As long as the Bills draft one of these guys at #8 Ill be happy. This is by far one of the worst draft classes in NFL history, there are no clear cut top 5 choices. Joeckel would not even be in the top 5 of most draft classes yet he is #1 in this one almost by default.

1. Luke Joeckel
2. Jarvis Jones
3. Barkevious Mingo
4. Star Lotulelei
5. Geno Smith
6. Damontre Moore
7. Bjoern Werner
8. Alec Ogletree
9. Dion Jordan
10. Eric Fisher
11. Ryan Nassib
12. Sharif Floyd
13. Dee Miliner
14. Lane Johnson
15. Sheldon Richardson

You'd be happy if they draft Nassib at #8 overall?!?

whiplash 02-26-2013 09:19 AM

I'd take Nassib, but nowhere near the 8th pick. 2nd round or serious trade down


edit: and at this point, even if they trade down in the first, they should be going with LB or WR

Takeo 02-26-2013 02:35 PM

Well we can kiss Milliner goodbye at #8. He just posted a 4.31. The shoulder thing won't matter. He's a top 5 pick.

dma0034 02-26-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo (Post 60511455)
Well we can kiss Milliner goodbye at #8. He just posted a 4.31. The shoulder thing won't matter. He's a top 5 pick.

Detroit only. The other teams have greater needs

Takeo 02-26-2013 03:24 PM

This will change after free agency, but right now I have:

1. Kansas City - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville - DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida
3. Oakland - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
4. Philadelphia - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
5. Detroit - LB Dion Jordan, Oregon
6. Cleveland - LB Barkevious Mingo, LSU
7. Arizona - QB Gino Smith, West Virginia
8. Buffalo - WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee

La Cosa Nostra 02-26-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jBuds (Post 60495335)
Surprised you have Dee so low. Concerned about the surgery? Because if he is fine/okay, you're looking at a sweet combo of size, speed, and physicality at the CB position.

We have more pressing needs then another player in the secondary. Enough with the CBs , in our secondary we have Gilmore and McKelvin as 1st round picks, Aaron Williams and Byrd as 2nd round picks and Searcy was a 4th. We have invested enough high picks back there, we need to address other areas more. I know it's a pass first league and you can never have enough secondary, I'd rather address CB and WR as our big additions in free agency and be able to use our 1st on a QB, LB or lineman.I am also very wary of Patterson, only 1 year of D1 football. Last time we drafted someone with only 1 year of starting experience he was one of the worst busts in Bills history.There is also great value in the 2nd (Woods and Hopkins), I don't want Allen or Patterson at 8.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo (Post 60496237)
You'd be happy if they draft Nassib at #8 overall?!?

Well I have Nassib as the 2nd best QB and we need a QB. We can't just say we will wait for next year. Even if they don't have the top 10 "grades", virtually every single draft has atleast 1-2 very good QBs. I'm banking on Geno and Nassib being those 2.

dma0034 02-26-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layne Staley (Post 60514983)
We have more pressing needs then another player in the secondary. Enough with the CBs , in our secondary we have Gilmore and McKelvin as 1st round picks, Aaron Williams and Byrd as 2nd round picks and Searcy was a 4th. We have invested enough high picks back there, we need to address other areas more. I know it's a pass first league and you can never have enough secondary, I'd rather address CB and WR as our big additions in free agency and be able to use our 1st on a QB, LB or lineman.I am also very wary of Patterson, only 1 year of D1 football. Last time we drafted someone with only 1 year of starting experience he was one of the worst busts in Bills history.There is also great value in the 2nd (Woods and Hopkins), I don't want Allen or Patterson at 8.



Well I have Nassib as the 2nd best QB and we need a QB. We can't just say we will wait for next year. Even if they don't have the top 10 "grades", virtually every single draft has atleast 1-2 very good QBs. I'm banking on Geno and Nassib being those 2.

1. Just because you invested high picks on secondary doesn't mean you don't have a need there. Drafting Milliner would allow the Bills to run an effective Cover 1 or Man that would allow the D-line and LBs to focus squarely on creating pressure, stopping the run, and eyeing the TEs (which is why they desperately need better LBs).

2. Just because every single draft has 1 or 2 starters doesn't mean that one that is rated highly isn't a bust. (It allows matters greatly on where you go and what scheme is used). Drafting a QB in the first round at 8 is not only a reach but a waste on potentially getting a game-breaker and drafting a QB in the 2nd (Wilson, Glennon, Nassib, Manuel - one of them will be there). Barkley and Smith are the 2 best QBs in this draft.

Sports Enthusiast 02-26-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo (Post 60514137)
This will change after free agency, but right now I have:

1. Kansas City - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville - DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida
3. Oakland - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
4. Philadelphia - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
5. Detroit - LB Dion Jordan, Oregon
6. Cleveland - LB Barkevious Mingo, LSU
7. Arizona - QB Gino Smith, West Virginia
8. Buffalo - WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee

God I hope not. My buddy is a big twitter user and has said that every team that has interviewed Patterson has had bad team interview reports.

Sports Enthusiast 02-26-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layne Staley (Post 60428841)
We have to take a QB early. Not taking one/ taking 7th round guys is a waste of time. I'd draft Smith at #8 and if he doesn't pan out right away I would draft one in round 1 of 2015. Geno probably will be gone at 8 , but if he isn't can we please draft Smith in round 1, Robert Woods in round 2 and then the best ILb in round 3 ? We get our franchise QB and address our two other biggest weaknesses , Lb and WR.

Smith? PASS.

He was great the first half of 2012? His 2nd...as bad as the Mountaineers season. The Big 12 hs no defense, so to me it speak volumes.

Before 2012 I would have said Jones or Barkley is a consensou number 1. Barkley?? UHad a decent season but injured that shoulder. Jones had a sub par season

La Cosa Nostra 02-26-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dma0034 (Post 60517715)
1. Just because you invested high picks on secondary doesn't mean you don't have a need there. Drafting Milliner would allow the Bills to run an effective Cover 1 or Man that would allow the D-line and LBs to focus squarely on creating pressure, stopping the run, and eyeing the TEs (which is why they desperately need better LBs).

2. Just because every single draft has 1 or 2 starters doesn't mean that one that is rated highly isn't a bust. (It allows matters greatly on where you go and what scheme is used). Drafting a QB in the first round at 8 is not only a reach but a waste on potentially getting a game-breaker and drafting a QB in the 2nd (Wilson, Glennon, Nassib, Manuel - one of them will be there). Barkley and Smith are the 2 best QBs in this draft.

1. There are plenty of good CBs in free agency. We can address our needs there. The Bills philosophy of Drafting cornerbacks and safeties in the first the last 7-8 years has worked wonders for the team.

2. Ok. Every single player has a chance of a busting.On who will be the best QB we will see. The Bills need a good QB. No position matters more. I think Geno Smith and Nassib will both be franchise QBs. I'll take my chance on finally taking a QB for once, since all of our 1st round picks that we have used on these supposed "game-breakers" in recent history has simply not worked for this team. QB has been the one constant weakness and I'm praying Marrone and co. Realize that is the most important need. None of these players in this draft are elite potential HoF prospects. Every analyst has said this is one of the weakest drafts in years and that there isn't much of a difference between #5 and #20. I'll take my chance on a QB then take a chance on another similar level prospect.


Quote:

Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat (Post 60524571)
Smith? PASS.

He was great the first half of 2012? His 2nd...as bad as the Mountaineers season. The Big 12 hs no defense, so to me it speak volumes.

Before 2012 I would have said Jones or Barkley is a consensou number 1. Barkley?? UHad a decent season but injured that shoulder. Jones had a sub par season

Smith is the consensus #1 QB. I laugh about the Big 12 not having any good defenses. That's not true. If a guy has 3 years of starting exerience with 97 passing Tds and only 21 picks during that time frame I'd gladly draft him at #8. The guy has back to back 4200+ yard seasons. He had 42 Tds and only 6 picks last year. He limits his turnovers and can pour it on at any time. I'm hoping beyond all hope that somehow he makes it to #8, but it won't happen. I'd even give up a 4th this year and a 2014 3rd to move up a few spots to guarantee him. Nix said he isn't averse to trading up for a QB, Hoping it actually happens.

Takeo 02-26-2013 09:11 PM

Post-combine 1.0:

1. Kansas City - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville - DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida
3. Oakland - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
4. Philadelphia - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
5. Detroit - LB Dion Jordan, Oregon
6. Cleveland - LB Barkevious Mingo, LSU
7. Arizona - QB Gino Smith, West Virginia
8. Buffalo - WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
9. NY Jets - DE Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
10. Tennessee - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
11. San Diego - OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
12. Miami - DE Bjoern Werner, Florida St.
13. Tampa Bay - CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.
14. Carolina - DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
15. New Orleans - LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
16. St. Louis - S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
17. Pittsburgh - LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia
18. Dallas - OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
19. NY Giants - OT Terron Armstead, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
20. Chicago - OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama
21. Cincinnati - LB Khaseem Greene, Rutgers
22. Washington - CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
23. Minnesota - DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
24. Indianapolis - CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon
25. Seattle - TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
26. Green Bay - CB Johnthan Banks, Mississippi St.
27. Houston - WR Keenan Allen, California
28. Denver - S Matt Elam, Florida
29. New England - WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
30. Atlanta - DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
31. San Francisco - LB Arthur Brown, Kansas St.
32. Baltimore - LB Jon Bostic, Florida

dma0034 02-26-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo (Post 60543827)
Post-combine 1.0:

1. Kansas City - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville - DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida
3. Oakland - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
4. Philadelphia - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
5. Detroit - LB Dion Jordan, Oregon
6. Cleveland - LB Barkevious Mingo, LSU
7. Arizona - QB Gino Smith, West Virginia
8. Buffalo - WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
9. NY Jets - DE Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
10. Tennessee - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
11. San Diego - OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
12. Miami - DE Bjoern Werner, Florida St.
13. Tampa Bay - CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.
14. Carolina - DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
15. New Orleans - LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
16. St. Louis - S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
17. Pittsburgh - LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia
18. Dallas - OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
19. NY Giants - OT Terron Armstead, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
20. Chicago - OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama
21. Cincinnati - LB Khaseem Greene, Rutgers
22. Washington - CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
23. Minnesota - DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
24. Indianapolis - CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon
25. Seattle - TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
26. Green Bay - CB Johnthan Banks, Mississippi St.
27. Houston - WR Keenan Allen, California
28. Denver - S Matt Elam, Florida
29. New England - WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
30. Atlanta - DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
31. San Francisco - LB Arthur Brown, Kansas St.
32. Baltimore - LB Jon Bostic, Florida

Looks good until 7. Arizona wants Barkley more than Smith.... don't be surprised if Barkley starts moving up the mock drafts

thecatch22 02-26-2013 10:35 PM

What a terrible draft. Milliner would be sweet if he slid but like someone posted above he had a sexy 40 time.

Takeo 02-26-2013 11:03 PM

Buscaglia mentions Cordarrelle Patterson, Xavier Rhodes and Lane Johnson.

http://www.wgr550.com/Buscaglia--10-...3-NFL/15661977

Sports Enthusiast 02-27-2013 05:26 AM

All 3 look like disappointments. Wow, Jarvis Jones at 15? He might be the best guy at his position in this so called draft.

Takeo 02-27-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat (Post 60570123)
All 3 look like disappointments.

?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat (Post 60570123)
Wow, Jarvis Jones at 15? He might be the best guy at his position

He also has spinal stenosis. Medical opinions will differ. Florio reported that several teams have taken him off their draft board altogether.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat (Post 60570123)
this so called draft.

?

Nevermind.

La Cosa Nostra 02-27-2013 12:30 PM

Alex Smith traded to the Chiefs for #34 and a Pick next year....wow. What overpayment. That pick is almost a late 1st Rounder and Smith no more then a game manager. Very happy Buffalo didn't offer anything close to that ridiculous package.

Takeo 02-27-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layne Staley (Post 60580913)
Alex Smith traded to the Chiefs for #34 and a Pick next year....wow. What overpayment. That pick is almost a late 1st Rounder and Smith no more then a game manager. Very happy Buffalo didn't offer anything close to that ridiculous package.

That does seem like too much, but it's a reflection of the scarcity of viable QB upgrades this year. The top tier of the QB class has approximate 2nd round value and apparently the Chiefs like Alex Smith more than any of them. Unfortunately now that he's gone, it's safe to say the Bills will be unable to significantly upgrade at QB next season.

whiplash 02-27-2013 12:56 PM

Smith in KC? Probably going to be a disaster

Takeo 02-27-2013 12:58 PM

Think about the freakin 49ers. I think they have 15 picks this year, including #31 and #34. And they get a bonus 2nd round pick by trading a backup. Geez.

Sports Enthusiast 02-27-2013 01:47 PM

The last QB to show up in KC that had a lot of interest? Matt Cassel. Result? Flamed out. Sure Smith could be different but it's not like KC has some great track record for sniffing out talent either.

The draft picks may be a bit much but I guess it also depends on how you look at things. Not every draft pick or prospect will hit. Of course thats all 20-20 hindsight, It seems a bit steep but you also have to look at your team. What if you were just that QB away from possibly being decent? Easily worth it IMO to give up picks for one draft.

BuiltTagonTough 02-27-2013 06:22 PM

Per Bills txt, Kelsay retires.

Sports Enthusiast 02-27-2013 07:01 PM

Yup, confirmed:

Quote:

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

Buffalo Bills DE Chris Kelsay has informed the team of his plans to retire.

BuiltTagonTough 02-27-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat (Post 60602099)
Yup, confirmed:

Would have added the link but I be in class. Thanks :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.