HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Cammalleri vs. Brown vs. Frolov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=136396)

Mat 03-27-2005 05:35 PM

Cammalleri vs. Brown vs. Frolov

who do you guys think will end up being the better forward in LA's future?

i know frolov has already broken out, but lets say within the next 5 year period of time
cammalleri's HOT in the ahl right now and browns supposed to be amazing when hes fully developed

Dooney 03-27-2005 06:00 PM

Frolov

T2M 03-27-2005 06:16 PM

Let's say that we hope they all turn out to be one heck of a line. But my money's still on Frolov. Even if Cammy stays hot in the NHL, a guy like Frolov would make Cammy's numbers even better.

Thornton97 03-27-2005 07:14 PM

Frolov, he's got everything and I prayed hard nightly that he would be sent to Manchester a few years back so we could get a look at him. Unfortunately, you kept him all to yourselves.

He's the complete package, and as you mention, he has already "broken out;" Brown and Squidy will also be great players, but neither has the upside of Frolov.

Venom_17 03-27-2005 07:15 PM

Frolov: best player on our team for the next 15 years. Strong two-way player. Future Selke winner? 30-40 goal scorer, 80-90 points a year.

Cammalleri: 25-35 goals a year. Solid 1B center.

Brown: 20-30 goals a year. Think Deadmarsh, but healthier (knock on wood). Future Smythe winner? Heart and soul of the team.

At least this is what I *hope* happens with these guys.

Capn Brown 03-27-2005 09:12 PM

Hey, they could be a whole line, huh?

Chartrand 03-27-2005 09:25 PM

Frolov, probably.

Reaper45 03-27-2005 09:36 PM

Frolov.

GoneFullHextall 03-27-2005 09:56 PM

Someone mentioned awhile back(a couple of years ago)that Frolov didnt go to Manchester was because of the language barrier. He barely didnt speak any english. Even thou by his play in LA it was pretty appearant he didnt belong in the AHL anyway.

T2M 03-28-2005 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
He barely didnt speak any english.

Either I have been marking papers too long, or the English language changed on me while I was but I think you meant to say "He barely spoke english." Yes, yes, that is what CMGDC wanted to say.... I can rest peacefully now.

T2M

TwzKing 03-28-2005 09:42 AM

huh that is a 1st line...

Mat 03-28-2005 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T2M
Either I have been marking papers too long, or the English language changed on me while I was but I think you meant to say "He barely spoke english." Yes, yes, that is what CMGDC wanted to say.... I can rest peacefully now.

T2M

:lol

Kick 03-28-2005 10:59 AM

I think a lot of fans in LA will be impressed with the progress Brown has made this season. He's something to watch out there on the ice. The kid has no fear. The AHL was probably where he should have been last season if it weren't for the age restriction.

As far as Cammalleri goes, this guy has a ton of skills & talent but in my opinion is to small to play center in the NHL and probably should be moved to wing.

GoneFullHextall 03-28-2005 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T2M

T2M

wow i just noticed that,lol. Must of been the alcohol from Easter dinner.

Old Hickory 03-28-2005 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKen48
I think a lot of fans in LA will be impressed with the progress Brown has made this season. He's something to watch out there on the ice. The kid has no fear. The AHL was probably where he should have been last season if it weren't for the age restriction.

As far as Cammalleri goes, this guy has a ton of skills & talent but in my opinion is to small to play center in the NHL and probably should be moved to wing.

I can't wait to see these guys again. It's been hell here in LA.

Mat 03-28-2005 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I can't wait to see these guys again. It's been hell here in LA.

poor lakers :shakehead

jfont 03-28-2005 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKen48

i think you're right in that cammy is a bit too small to play first line center...i think he'll still be a center in the league but will be in the 2nd line and will contribute immensely...the guys in the nhl are big and strong and it woudl behoove the kings to getting a big no. 1 centerman five years from now...

Old Hickory 03-28-2005 12:09 PM

Hopefully this lockout is a blessing in disguise and the Kings personnel people know exactly what we have on the farm and what we will need to compete once this mess is finally over.

King Blazer 03-28-2005 12:25 PM

Quote:

Hopefully this lockout is a blessing in disguise and the Kings personnel people know exactly what we have on the farm and what we will need to compete once this mess is finally over.

The more I watch the guys in Manchester, the more I hope the NHL does away with the two line pass...There were some exciting plays in the NCAA tournament this weekend that couldn't have happened if the two line pass was part of their rules...

Dave in LA 03-28-2005 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kingsjohn
I think they do. If Boyle continues to play well in BC, he'll be LA's #1 center for years to come. In the meantime, LA just needs to fill in the gap until he is ready.

They have the core set with Visnovski, Frolov, Brown, Gleason, Cammy, Grebs, Garon, Avery, Cowan and TK. They have developing prospects such as Tambs, Petiot, Boyle, & Push.

These are lines I would like to see in 3 years:

Frolov/Boyle/Cammy
Tambs/Lehoux/Brown
Karlsson/Steckel/Pushkarev
Cowan/Avery/TK

Gleason/Visnovski
Petiot/Grebs
?/?

Garon
Hauser

Dave

GoneFullHextall 03-28-2005 01:23 PM

wouldnt mind seeing Boyle in Manchester for a year or so, same with Tambs. Not to sure who we may see this season now that the seasons are over for Michigan and BC. adding one of both those players would give the Monarchs tremendous depth for the playoffs.

Old Hickory 03-28-2005 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
wouldnt mind seeing Boyle in Manchester for a year or so, same with Tambs. Not to sure who we may see this season now that the seasons are over for Michigan and BC. adding one of both those players would give the Monarchs tremendous depth for the playoffs.

Boyle's a sophomore and Tams is a junior so they can't play in the AHL unless the drop out of college or graduate early like Cammallieri did

jt 03-28-2005 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave in LA
I think they do. If Boyle continues to play well in BC, he'll be LA's #1 center for years to come. In the meantime, LA just needs to fill in the gap until he is ready.

The more I see and hear about him and his game, the less I see him playing as a center. The kid had nineteen goals and EIGHT assists this year. Personally, I see him playing wing and LA will continue to have problems at center.

GoneFullHextall 03-28-2005 01:43 PM

Quote:

Boyle's a sophomore and Tams is a junior so they can't play in the AHL unless the drop out of college or graduate early like Cammallieri did

yeah i realize that. I guess its just wishfull thinking on my part, especially this being the best Monarchs team we might have in a while.

10 ft. pole 03-28-2005 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave in LA
:

Frolov/Boyle/Cammy
Tambs/Lehoux/Brown
Karlsson/Steckel/Pushkarev
Cowan/Avery/TK

Gleason/Visnovski
Petiot/Grebs
?/?

Garon
Hauser

Dave

Not much veteran leadership on that team.

Frolov-Lehoux-Cam
Brown-Conroy-Tambellini
Cowan-Avery-Kostopulos
Pirnes-Barney-Flynn

Gleason-Visnovski
Grebeshkov-veteran D-man
Corvo-Norstrom

Garon/Very solid backup

personally I would not mind trying to get a guy like Hamrlik in their on the defensive corps instead of Corvo. On top of that I also think we should trade up when the time comes to get Jack Johnson. Maybe Kanko, our first, a second the next year,and Belanger? It is overpaying but this is the guy we need in our system.