HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Rumor: Mike Komisarek: Gave a list of 12 teams, but wants a trade. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1364517)

Leaf Rocket 03-02-2013 11:16 AM

Mike Komisarek: Gave a list of 12 teams, but wants a trade.
 
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland
Mike Komisarek gave #Leafs a list of 12 teams he'd accept a trade to but I'm told he'd pretty much accept a trade anywhere. Wants to play.

Well then.

Michael Gary Scott 03-02-2013 11:17 AM

Au revoir

Leaf Rocket 03-02-2013 11:19 AM

Not surprised but Im gonna miss him. He's a good guy.

TootooTrain 03-02-2013 11:19 AM

A Kovalev 7th rounder will do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 60785435)
Not surprised but Im gonna miss him. He's a good guy.

Yeah I met him at a charity function last year and he seems like a genuinely nice guy. Just something amiss in between the ears when it came to hockey.

edruga 03-02-2013 11:20 AM

This is good news.

Vitto79 03-02-2013 11:20 AM

he stinks so look around for another bad contract with one yr left. That and likely a cap floor team

tml145 03-02-2013 11:21 AM

good for him

he is a good player in a bad situation

we leaf fans eat players alive

The Podium 03-02-2013 11:22 AM

I like him, sad to see it end this way but this is the brutal reality, if hes not playing when well capable than he should want out.

edruga 03-02-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tml145 (Post 60785499)
good for him

he is a good player in a bad situation

we leaf fans eat players alive

Not as much as Montreal.

Daisy Jane 03-02-2013 11:23 AM

I really feel bad for the guy.

He was royally screwed under Wilson's tenure, and he was playing well under Carlyle's system until ...eye injury slash being benched. Komi wasn't as bad as his play indicated, and I hope that he does get traded so he can.

firstemperor 03-02-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tml145 (Post 60785499)
good for him

he is a good player in a bad situation

we leaf fans eat players alive

Hopefully he moves on, not his fault Burke has been terrible with FA's in his tenure here. I don't think he's a good player though, terrible skater, which seems to be a near requisite to be a NHL defenseman these days. He's a bottom pairing at best on most teams right now.

RhinoD 03-02-2013 11:25 AM

The question now is, what can you get for a guy that hasn't played all season?

I say trade him to a cap floor team for the best available draft pick.

edruga 03-02-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy Joy (Post 60785581)
I really feel bad for the guy.

He was royally screwed under Wilson's tenure, and he was playing well under Carlyle's system until ...eye injury slash being benched. Komi wasn't as bad as his play indicated, and I hope that he does get traded so he can.

So were a lot of other players. Komisarek needs to be held accountable for his bad play.

BlueBaron 03-02-2013 11:25 AM

Maybe. Will we have to eat salery to move him ?
Will we have to throw in a player like the Lombardi trade ?
Could we actually get something for him ?
Does anyone want him ?
I always thought he would make sense to the Islanders.

ChuckWoods 03-02-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 60785315)
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland
Mike Komisarek gave #Leafs a list of 12 teams he'd accept a trade to but I'm told he'd pretty much accept a trade anywhere. Wants to play.

Well then.

Apparently he's wanted out for about two weeks now after it became very clear he wasn't going to work himself back into the line up.

The issue is the market isn't there...yet.

He'll be moved for a pick at some point closer to the deadline if teams start to hit the panic button.

Nonis probably wants to move both Komisarek and Liles out West so he doesn't have to see either this season. But he knows he cant be picky in terms of Komisarek, so if the highest pick available is from the East then thats where he'll go. We may have to see us eat another contract in return for Komisarek.

I see Liles generating more interest from teams like Detroit, Minnesota, St.Louis, Edmonton, Colorado, Carolina (East) and Calgary.

Komisarek is a bit different in terms of "needing" a player of his calibre. Detroit will certainly be kicking tires, Colorado may inquire now that the O'Reilly saga is over, and maybe a couple other teams but the market isn't anywhere near that of Liles.

It wouldn't shock me to see both moved, Gardiner brought up and Kostka/Holzer platooned out of the press box.

Budsfan 03-02-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 60785435)
Not surprised but Im gonna miss him. He's a good guy.

I agree but there still will have to be a team, that will want him but if we can get something for him, in a trade, even if it means us taking back salary, we have to do it.

egd27 03-02-2013 11:27 AM

Nice that he wants the opportunity to play anywhere, but it doesn't change the fact that there may not be too many takers.

edruga 03-02-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckWoods (Post 60785845)
Nonis wants to move both Komisarek and Liles out West so he doesn't have to see either this season.

:laugh:

FlareKnight 03-02-2013 11:28 AM

Well good if he's actually willing to take a trade anywhere since it'd be easier to move him then.

Better to try and move then be stuck waiting for the Leafs to buy him out over the summer. I'm all for a move since we need to get rid of some bodies to get Gardiner up with the team.

Sundinisagod 03-02-2013 11:30 AM

Definately comes across as one of the better people in the game. I think he could definately hold down a 3rd pairing position for a team right now. Wishing him the best of luck and the oppurtunity to play somewhere.

Morguee 03-02-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edruga (Post 60785791)
So were a lot of other players. Komisarek needs to be held accountable for his bad play.

The problem is some of the d-men this year have had some particularly poor outings and got right back in the lineup next game. Komisarek and Liles have worked in pratctie and never even got a sniff in the last month. There has been a number of times where Randy could have said he was letting a d-man sit to think about his previous games performance but he stayed with the constant lineup. Komisarek is an NHL defender who is being over paid nad I can'r say I blame him over Liles for that matter for wanting a trade.

Mess 03-02-2013 11:30 AM

I'm thinking if he was easily moveable he would be gone by now.

Leafs might have to eat salary and cap for next year to make this happen.

legendinblue 03-02-2013 11:31 AM

He's a good guy, was playing better this season. Good luck to him.

ChuckWoods 03-02-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edruga (Post 60786055)
:laugh:

Didn't mean it like that! :laugh:

It just seems that some players already put their best foot forward against their old teams.

Considering the East on East and West on West the remaining of the season, its always a precaution.

But it wont make or break a deal, just a preference.

edruga 03-02-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morguee (Post 60786199)
The problem is some of the d-men this year have had some particularly poor outings and got right back in the lineup next game. Komisarek and Liles have worked in pratctie and never even got a sniff in the last month. There has been a number of times where Randy could have said he was letting a d-man sit to think about his previous games performance but he stayed with the constant lineup. Komisarek is an NHL defender who is being over paid nad I can'r say I blame him over Liles for that matter for wanting a trade.

I've seen too many awful Komisarek plays for me to trust him over Carlyle.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.