HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Speculation: Trade deadline Wednesday, April 3 2013 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1364875)

BoltSTH 03-02-2013 05:30 PM

Trade deadline Wednesday, April 3 2013
 
With the deadline a month a way I created this thread to discuss what we should do, should not do, or will do at the TD.

My guess:

In playoff picture (doubt it, but still hoping):
Trade for expiring contact physical D,a and possibly a 3rd line center

Fringe of playoffs
Nothing

Out of Playoffs:
On the block:

Purcell
Malone if he will waive his NMC. Else wiat until July 1st.
1 or two of MAB Lee Miklkelson

Pouliot/Crombean if SFY does want to resign in the off season

Looking for Picks and D prospects. Deep draft this year.

Yzlamic Extremist 03-02-2013 06:23 PM

I'd rather make hockey trades than sell players for picks, Purcell alone should be enough to get a solid top-4 defenseman.

TBLbrian 03-02-2013 07:10 PM

I think Brewer gets traded for a pick.

zeykshade 03-02-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBLbrian (Post 60817437)
I think Brewer gets traded for a pick.

At this point, with the quality of play he's giving and has been giving since last season, no reason not to.

Gudas or even Korobov could do as poorly, probably better.

HoseEmDown 03-02-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBLbrian (Post 60817437)
I think Brewer gets traded for a pick.

What kind a pick do you think? Kubina got us a 2nd and Brewer is better than him but I can't see him getting us a 1st.
I'd like to move him cause he's not playing up to his contract and is declining. It would be best if we could add him with a prospect for a better prospect rqther than just a pick we'd have to wait years on.

TBLbrian 03-02-2013 08:04 PM

If we got a 3rd and a project prospect with some size id be happy.

The YzerJesus 03-02-2013 08:04 PM

Brewer played very well today, minus the ****-up at the end of the game.

If we are sellers at the deadline, I think he'll probably go to a playoff team who needs him. Not sure what the return would be.

Malone, same thing. If we're sellers, I think he might go if he waives.

Teddy, maybe.

HoseEmDown 03-02-2013 09:18 PM

We currently would be picking 8th if the season ended today. Colorado and Calgary have played 2 less games so if you give them a point for each game we are 6th. Buffalo and Washington are getting hot and will pass up by the end of the road trip. I don't think we have the goaltending right now to carry us to the wins we need to make the playoffs. I don't think we should sell everything off and tank but I think we should move some unnecessary pieces. I'd call around and get some ideas on what we can get for Hall, Crombeen, Thompson, MAB, Brewer, Purcell, Malone and Mikkelson. I would look to move 3/4 of them and try to get a good prospect plus a couple of picks.

CSampson 03-02-2013 09:32 PM

Purcell isn't going anywhere IMO.

Brewer on the other hand will go to a playoff team (this team isn't making playoffs).

Besides that I doubt anyone moves.

stryfe604 03-02-2013 10:51 PM

Brewer to Detroit for their first... :sarcasm:

The Fear Boners 03-02-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBLbrian (Post 60817437)
I think Brewer gets traded for a pick.

Zero reason to.

The Fear Boners 03-03-2013 12:01 AM

I really don't see too many moves. Maybe move Hall to a contender looking for a fourth line gunner thats good in the circle. Perhaps one of the bottom pairing defensemen. Thats about it.

TBLbrian 03-03-2013 01:51 AM

I think this team needs a veteran that comes from a winning culture and can help shake things up. A good example is a Ray Whitney. Good for the locker room, good on the ice. Someone with a cup ring other than marty and vinny to infect the locker room with leadership.

Obviously dont want to give up too much in a deal like this but it would be nice to add another guy witha cup ring.

Jacko95 03-03-2013 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still All In (Post 60841463)
I really don't see too many moves. Maybe move Hall to a contender looking for a fourth line gunner thats good in the circle. Perhaps one of the bottom pairing defensemen. Thats about it.

I don't see too many moves as well, but I think Brewer and either Purcell/Malone will be gone, we have enough talent in the AHL to make up for such a loss

CSampson 03-03-2013 11:36 AM

Reason why you would make trades is to bring up the youth. Gudas should get a look up here. Brewer or Lee to make room for him IMO.

Yzlamic Extremist 03-03-2013 11:39 AM

I'd like to see Yzerman address our forward depth. We have the cupboard full of top-six forwards and potential top-six forwards, but we have a glaring lack of defensive forwards. I'd like to see him target elite defensive forwards with size in the offseason, hopefully there's some good options through free agency.

Bolts265 03-03-2013 12:11 PM

It's nice to see how many of you are agreeing with me that Brewer needs to go.
Last year when I was screaming how much he sucked I was in the minority.

Stammertime91 03-03-2013 12:51 PM

We need to trade....this year or in the offseason to ensure an actual playoff team next year..

Malone, Purcell, Brewer, and Lee.

Bring up Gudas and Panik for next year, giving us this.

?-Stamkos-MSL
Conacher-Lecavalier-?
Pouliot-Thompson-Panik
Brown-Pyatt-Killorn

Tyrell, Hall, Labrie need to be scratches or if Hall is gone, obviously not here anymore. I'd like Hall to stay, but he is kind of like Moore.

defense...

Hedman-Carle
Salo-?
Mikelsson-Aulie/Gudas

Depending on what happens, I see them cutting ties with Lee, MAB and possibly even Mikelsson and giving Gudas a chance next year and possibly even Barberio at some point.

In net, I dont know who you put....Lindback at backup and Desjardins or is it another year with unstable goaltending while Marty gets another year older? Their call.

That leaves us needing a top line winger, not named Malone, and a bottom 6 guy, somebody like Cullen, Boyle, Clutterbuck that isnt afraid to throw the body and mix it up from time to time. Cause we sure as hell dont have that with Crombeen.

And...a top 4 defenseman which could come with Malone or Purcell.

That is my opinion on what we need, probably forgetting about somebody or something but thats my 2 cents. I dont see this team making playoffs with Lindback-Garon-Desjardins in the next 2 years, just wont happen. Another goalie needs to be brought in, cant always think for 5-10 years ahead, we dont have that kind of time.

HoseEmDown 03-03-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stammertime91 (Post 60859013)
We need to trade....this year or in the offseason to ensure an actual playoff team next year..

Malone, Purcell, Brewer, and Lee.

Bring up Gudas and Panik for next year, giving us this.

?-Stamkos-MSL
Conacher-Lecavalier-?
Pouliot-Thompson-Panik
Brown-Pyatt-Killorn

Tyrell, Hall, Labrie need to be scratches or if Hall is gone, obviously not here anymore. I'd like Hall to stay, but he is kind of like Moore.

defense...

Hedman-Carle
Salo-?
Mikelsson-Aulie/Gudas

Depending on what happens, I see them cutting ties with Lee, MAB and possibly even Mikelsson and giving Gudas a chance next year and possibly even Barberio at some point.

In net, I dont know who you put....Lindback at backup and Desjardins or is it another year with unstable goaltending while Marty gets another year older? Their call.

That leaves us needing a top line winger, not named Malone, and a bottom 6 guy, somebody like Cullen, Boyle, Clutterbuck that isnt afraid to throw the body and mix it up from time to time. Cause we sure as hell dont have that with Crombeen.

And...a top 4 defenseman which could come with Malone or Purcell.

That is my opinion on what we need, probably forgetting about somebody or something but thats my 2 cents. I dont see this team making playoffs with Lindback-Garon-Desjardins in the next 2 years, just wont happen. Another goalie needs to be brought in, cant always think for 5-10 years ahead, we dont have that kind of time.

Thompson is not a good 3rd line center, I see him as a 4th liner at best. Killorn on the 4th line makes no sense, he's a 2/3rd liner. Brown needs to finish the season in Syracuse well before i'd pencil him in the lineup. I don't like Carle on the 1st pair.
You seem to like Mikkelson more than Aulie, why? I won't ask you why you prefer him over Lee cause I already know your hate for Lee.

InjuredChoker 03-03-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyzerman (Post 60854845)
I'd like to see Yzerman address our forward depth. We have the cupboard full of top-six forwards and potential top-six forwards, but we have a glaring lack of defensive forwards. I'd like to see him target elite defensive forwards with size in the offseason, hopefully there's some good options through free agency.

Zubrus
McArthur
Malhotra
Weiss
Filppula
Semin
Higgins

are the best imo... none of the are elite and some are almost guaranteed to re-sign.

The YzerJesus 03-03-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemisti (Post 60860615)
Zubrus
McArthur
Malhotra
Weiss
Filppula
Semin
Higgins

are the best imo... none of the are elite and some are almost guaranteed to re-sign.

Think SFY could pull Flip?

Jacko95 03-03-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stammertime91 (Post 60859013)
We need to trade....this year or in the offseason to ensure an actual playoff team next year..

Malone, Purcell, Brewer, and Lee.

Bring up Gudas and Panik for next year, giving us this.

?-Stamkos-MSL
Conacher-Lecavalier-?
Pouliot-Thompson-Panik
Brown-Pyatt-Killorn

Tyrell, Hall, Labrie need to be scratches or if Hall is gone, obviously not here anymore. I'd like Hall to stay, but he is kind of like Moore.

defense...

Hedman-Carle
Salo-?
Mikelsson-Aulie/Gudas

Depending on what happens, I see them cutting ties with Lee, MAB and possibly even Mikelsson and giving Gudas a chance next year and possibly even Barberio at some point.

In net, I dont know who you put....Lindback at backup and Desjardins or is it another year with unstable goaltending while Marty gets another year older? Their call.

That leaves us needing a top line winger, not named Malone, and a bottom 6 guy, somebody like Cullen, Boyle, Clutterbuck that isnt afraid to throw the body and mix it up from time to time. Cause we sure as hell dont have that with Crombeen.

And...a top 4 defenseman which could come with Malone or Purcell.

That is my opinion on what we need, probably forgetting about somebody or something but thats my 2 cents. I dont see this team making playoffs with Lindback-Garon-Desjardins in the next 2 years, just wont happen. Another goalie needs to be brought in, cant always think for 5-10 years ahead, we dont have that kind of time.

Connolly-Stamkos-MSL
Conacher-Lecavalier-Killorn
Pouliot-Clutterbuck-Panik
??-Pyatt-??
Labrie

Johnson and Palat as the first call-ups

But some enforcers in the ?? (something like Labrie with a little bit more talent)

Hedman-Salo
Carle-Gudas/Aulie?
Barberio-Aulie/Gudas
Mikelson
Korobov as call-up and a guy like Taormina

Otherwise trade for a physical top4 guy which I don't know because Seidenberg and Hjalmarsson are untouchable :(

Would be an high-risk/high-reward Line-Up, but I think it would be successful

LightningStrikes 03-03-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer (Post 60861735)
Think SFY could pull Flip?

We need more Fins.

LightningStrikes 03-03-2013 02:55 PM

Also, Conacher and Killorn have spoiled us. Many of you would happily trade away Malone, Purcell, Brewer or MAB for picks just because we have Connolly, Palat, Johnson, Gudas or Barberio in SYR. Who says they're ready?

Unless you expect us to miss the playoffs either way...

Yzlamic Extremist 03-03-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemisti (Post 60860615)
Zubrus
McArthur
Malhotra
Weiss
Filppula
Semin
Higgins

are the best imo... none of the are elite and some are almost guaranteed to re-sign.

It seems that our best option is to aquire a defensive specialist through trading. Although the draft is another option, if we were in the right spot Frederik Gauthier is an excellent pick. He's a big center who's excellent on both sides of the puck. He'd be a couple of years away but I see him panning out as a solid 3rd line center at the least. He'd be a long-term solution for that spot.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.