HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Your Top 6 Forward to New Jersey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1365159)

MJMazzarone 03-02-2013 11:55 PM

Your Top 6 Forward to New Jersey
 
There has been fan speculation that the Devils need to make another move and frankly I see this happening and wouldn't be shocked at all if it does. However, I'd like to know from you what it would take.

Loktionov has been a steal for the Devils and we have a nice selection of bottom 6/role players but again what would it take to get a top 6 Forward on this team. (Preferably LW)

Keep in mind that due to the Devils' surplus in D I would imagine someone like a Tallinder or Volchenkov would be in play. A Devils defenseman would have to be in this potential package.

Offer away.

Kershaw 03-02-2013 11:56 PM

No one will trade a top 6 forward for vastly overpaid players like Tallinder or Volchenkov.

Kane9Swag 03-02-2013 11:58 PM

Antropov for Tedenby

MJMazzarone 03-02-2013 11:59 PM

I disagree. defensemen are usually a commodity and will fetch a surprising return. However my post was in regards to any Devils defenseman (with Volch and Tally as the two main examples) If most fans believe what you said then what would you package around Greene?

EDIT: We are set at center and I'm not a fan of Antropov's play. As much as Teddy has struggled in NJ I would say NJD says no to this with ease.

The YzerJesus 03-02-2013 11:59 PM

How does one of Teddy Purcell or Ryan Malone sound?

MJMazzarone 03-03-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer (Post 60841401)
How does one of Teddy Purcell or Ryan Malone sound?

Malone would be a nice short term option and for sure considerable. (I think he could be had for pretty cheap as well.) But at 33 I think there would be better options out there.

Would a prospect or a 2nd do it? I'm not too sure on Tampa's needs so what would the Lightning consider for Malone?

And if perhaps if Purcell can continue having 24 goal seasons but I doubt it.

Seatoo 03-03-2013 12:06 AM

Higgins or Booth

We need a bottom 6 centre or a RHD

MJMazzarone 03-03-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seatoo (Post 60841777)
Higgins or Booth

We need a bottom 6 centre or a RHD

Jacob Josesfon would be our most tradable bottom 6 center. Don't let his stats fool you. JJ has so much potential and could benefit from a change of scenery. Watching him play I wouldn't be surprised if in the right system Josefson became a 15 goal scorer and had a total breakout year. However I would think NJ would need to add so how about a fill of both your needs in JJ and Peter Harrold?

Steve Bennett* 03-03-2013 12:17 AM

Booth for Fayne and a prospect would do...

Seatoo 03-03-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJMazzarone (Post 60841969)
Jacob Josesfon would be our most tradable bottom 6 center. Don't let his stats fool you. JJ has so much potential and could benefit from a change of scenery. Watching him play I wouldn't be surprised if in the right system Josefson became a 15 goal scorer and had a total breakout year. However I would think NJ would need to add so how about a fill of both your needs in JJ and Peter Harrold?

To be honest I don't know enough about either really. JJ isn't even listed on their club website as being on the roster and we wouldn't make good/any use of Harrold by the looks of it

MJMazzarone 03-03-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seatoo (Post 60842293)
To be honest I don't know enough about either really. JJ isn't even listed on their club website as being on the roster and we wouldn't make good/any use of Harrold by the looks of it

JJ was sent down but in the total opposite way that Tedenby was. Tedenby was sent down because Deboer doesn't trust him, lost faith in him and because he just doesn't fit in our system. (Matteau and Poni have made him expendable as well and to be honest Albany plays with not much of a system.)

JJ was sent down to regain his confidence and because he was a victim of our depth at center. (Not to mention Loki pretty much out preformed him.) Which isn't a bad thing, he is putting up solid AHL numbers and is a dependable bottom 6er. I've been a big JJ fan since he was drafted. He has shown flashes of brilliance and his performance this year doesn't do him justice. Lots of effort and potential out of the kid.

Habsfannick 03-03-2013 12:43 AM

Gionta would be available for you guys what's your offer?

AfroThunder396 03-03-2013 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kershaw (Post 60841155)
No one will trade a top 6 forward for vastly overpaid players like Tallinder or Volchenkov.

Volchenkov is only moderately overpaid. $3.25M would be fair. He's not Jeff Finger.

Tallinder amkes fair value for a top-4 defenseman. Not being a top-4 on New Jersey is no slight to his ability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane9Swag (Post 60841325)
Antropov for Tedenby

Done in a heartbeat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer (Post 60841401)
How does one of Teddy Purcell or Ryan Malone sound?

I am interested as long as the price is reasonable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Bennett (Post 60842277)
Booth for Fayne and a prospect would do...

No, it wouldn't. Mark Fayne is a phenomenal defensive defenseman and is arguably the best D on the team.

Sports 03-03-2013 03:22 AM

Something around Morrow and Volchenkov?

CREW99AW 03-03-2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJMazzarone (Post 60841087)
There has been fan speculation that the Devils need to make another move and frankly I see this happening and wouldn't be shocked at all if it does. However, I'd like to know from you what it would take.

Loktionov has been a steal for the Devils and we have a nice selection of bottom 6/role players but again what would it take to get a top 6 Forward on this team. (Preferably LW)

Keep in mind that due to the Devils' surplus in D I would imagine someone like a Tallinder or Volchenkov would be in play. A Devils defenseman would have to be in this potential package.

Offer away.

If the isles are clearly out of the race for the 8th seed, by the trade deadline, then Boyes for a 3rd ?

Wisent42 03-03-2013 03:50 AM

Stafford. If it was up to me, he could be had for a conditional 7th pick (the condition being if he ever scores a goal). However, the guy has some potential, he's a 30 goal scorer and could thrive from a change of scenery. I'd be interested in JJ. Or Tedenby. Both of them impressed me a lot while playing in Sweden.

hlaverty06 03-03-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undecided (Post 60846231)
Something around Morrow and Volchenkov?

If you can get Volch to waive I could see something working

hlaverty06 03-03-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane9Swag (Post 60841325)
Antropov for Tedenby

Sure why not, Teddy isn't helping us

ulysse84 03-03-2013 06:49 AM

DEVILS ----> GIONTA ( 3.75M. )
CH --------> GÉLINAS

OR

DEVILS ---> GIONTA (3.00) + MOEN + WEBER
CH -------> GÉLINAS + 2nd 2013

duul 03-03-2013 06:52 AM

Hemsky+ for Zidlicky and Ponikarovsky.

Liferleafer 03-03-2013 07:22 AM

MaCarthur......Kulemin?

PADevil3034 03-03-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 60846233)
If the isles are clearly out of the race for the 8th seed, by the trade deadline, then Boyes for a 3rd ?

If nothing else works out, I could see a deal like this being a fall-back for Lou.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisent42 (Post 60846475)
Stafford. If it was up to me, he could be had for a conditional 7th pick (the condition being if he ever scores a goal). However, the guy has some potential, he's a 30 goal scorer and could thrive from a change of scenery. I'd be interested in JJ. Or Tedenby. Both of them impressed me a lot while playing in Sweden.

I'd do that deal. Stafford's inconsistency could be an issue, but at this point, we really will take any semblance of a top-6 winger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulysse84 (Post 60848033)
DEVILS ----> GIONTA ( 3.75M. )
CH --------> GÉLINAS

OR

DEVILS ---> GIONTA (3.00) + MOEN + WEBER
CH -------> GÉLINAS + 2nd 2013

I would totally take Gio back on a reduced salary, but not at the cost of Gélinas. Would you swap him out for Urbom?

Quote:

Originally Posted by duul (Post 60848055)
Hemsky+ for Zidlicky and Ponikarovsky.

The Devils have no interest in trading Ponikarovsky. Despite the hate he's gotten of late, Zidlicky also most likely won't be traded.

PADevil3034 03-03-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liferleafer (Post 60848303)
MaCarthur......Kulemin?

Kulemin moreso than MacArthur, but, sure, we'd be interested.

HoseEmDown 03-03-2013 07:38 AM

The two pieces I would want I don't think Devil fans would want to move in Fayne and Larsson.
I would offer Purcell + for Larsson and I think Purcell straight up for Fayne is close.
I doubt you would want to move either though. Purcell is a RW but can play either wing.
You can say only reason Purcell is good is cause of who he plays with but we can also say your D are only good cause of your defensive system.

Adirondack Flames 03-03-2013 07:42 AM

What about Cammalleri for Volchenkov and a 2nd?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.