HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: What if...(Toronto & Montreal) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1365283)

4uston Matthews 03-03-2013 08:48 AM

What if...(Toronto & Montreal)
 
...Toronto and Montreal work around a deal on swapping Komisarek and Kaberle now that Komisarek has asked for a trade?

I would love Kaberle to be back in the blue and white. I was a big fan and he was great here. It's like he got homesick once he left because he's played poorly ever since, and has been a healthy scratch the majority of the year. Same with Komisarek.

I won't propose a specific deal, but those 2 are the focal points. Thoughts?

McMatthews 03-03-2013 08:49 AM

Add more detail in the title.

I was thinking about this swap yesterday.

I'd love to have Kaberle back.

Toronto is home for him. He fell off the face of the planet when he left.

jumptheshark 03-03-2013 09:18 AM

while his cap hit is 4.5 his actual pay is 3.5

for any team to trade for a guy who has been a healthy scratch so much this year, you are looking at the leafs eating a good portion of that contract.

Although a kaberle for Komi trade would be interesting in trading dead weight for dead weight

Vitto79 03-03-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 60849019)
while his cap hit is 4.5 his actual pay is 3.5

for any team to trade for a guy who has been a healthy scratch so much this year, you are looking at the leafs eating a good portion of that contract.

Although a kaberle for Komi trade would be interesting in trading dead weight for dead weight

in theory it does make sense though, Komisarek was good in Montreal while Kaberle was good in TO........they do have 1 yr left on bad deals each so if they can make the money even out then well heck why not?

they both have negative value

Pi 03-03-2013 09:39 AM

Nope. Kaberle has 2 more years left, while Komisarek only has one.

If Carlyle is benching Liles (I have no idea why he's benched) why would Kaberle be playing?

I want Jake Gardiner on the team, not another defenseman that will make his wait longer.

Kaberle was great when he was here but we dont need him any longer.

4uston Matthews 03-03-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi (Post 60849413)
Nope. Kaberle has 2 more years left, while Komisarek only has one.

If Carlyle is benching Liles (I have no idea why he's benched) why would Kaberle be playing?

I want Jake Gardiner on the team, not another defenseman that will make his wait longer.

Kaberle was great when he was here but we dont need him any longer.

Komisarek and Kaberle's contracts both expire in 2014.

Why do we have to hold Gardiner back? Send the Leafs current whipping boy Kostka down, and Holzer who has been god awful the past 5 games.

xECK29x 03-03-2013 09:44 AM

I'm one of the few Isles fans that really wouldn't mind Komi on the Island.

Jack Bourdain 03-03-2013 09:48 AM

No thank you. Komisarek is persona non grata in Montreal.

Stats01 03-03-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 (Post 60848583)
...Toronto and Montreal work around a deal on swapping Komisarek and Kaberle now that Komisarek has asked for a trade?

I would love Kaberle to be back in the blue and white. I was a big fan and he was great here. It's like he got homesick once he left because he's played poorly ever since, and has been a healthy scratch the majority of the year. Same with Komisarek.

I won't propose a specific deal, but those 2 are the focal points. Thoughts?

That's actually not a bad idea. I wouldn't mind having him back

Stats01 03-03-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 (Post 60849481)
Komisarek and Kaberle's contracts both expire in 2014.

Why do we have to hold Gardiner back? Send the Leafs current whipping boy Kostka down, and Holzer who has been god awful the past 5 games.

Holzer's honeymoon is over. I was able to deal with his blunders earlier on to give him a bit of a leash but he's been trash for a few games now. Mental mistakes with him game in and game out. Send him down and bring up Gardiner. I'm not sure what Gardiner has to do to get a call-up. I know we have a winning line-up but you can't keep Gardiner down forever.

LeHab 03-03-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain (Post 60849571)
No thank you. Komisarek is persona non grata in Montreal.

What he said.

Komisarek signed with Habs arch enemies. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I heard Habs and Leafs offered same or similar contracts and he went with the Leafs.

George Maharis 03-03-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xECK29x (Post 60849501)
I'm one of the few Isles fans that really wouldn't mind Komi on the Island.

Komisarek for Tavares? Cap hits are roughly the same, meaning they're the same "value" of a player :sarcasm:

Pi 03-03-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by persh (Post 60849783)
What he said.

Komisarek signed with Habs arch enemies. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I heard Habs and Leafs offered same or similar contracts and he went with the Leafs.

Then count yourself lucky. Komisarek was god awful on the Leafs.

I really like the guy because I've met him but he's just not a good hockey player.

CharlesHabsFan 03-03-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by persh (Post 60849783)
What he said.

Komisarek signed with Habs arch enemies. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I heard Habs and Leafs offered same or similar contracts and he went with the Leafs.

Not only that, on July 1st, he hadn't even had an offer that his appartment in Montréal was already empty.

No matter how many times this proposal comes up, it will still be no from the Habs. We DON'T EVER want him back. He wanted to go out, well the door's tight shut for him now.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 03-03-2013 12:07 PM

Mike Komisarek... hahahahahahahah.

BrimStone64 03-03-2013 12:09 PM

Kaberle actually played a fairly good game last night....Habs pass.

seanlinden 03-03-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 (Post 60848583)
...Toronto and Montreal work around a deal on swapping Komisarek and Kaberle now that Komisarek has asked for a trade?

I would love Kaberle to be back in the blue and white. I was a big fan and he was great here. It's like he got homesick once he left because he's played poorly ever since, and has been a healthy scratch the majority of the year. Same with Komisarek.

I won't propose a specific deal, but those 2 are the focal points. Thoughts?

It makes zero sense from the Leafs POV.

#1. Kaberle has 2 years left on his deal, Komisarek has one. That's a huge difference in how long a team would have to wait before they have positive value.

#2. Toronto has Liles in the press box right now and Gardiner in the AHL. There's no room for him anymore, and as a result he wouldn't be put in a position to regain form.

Pi 03-03-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanlinden (Post 60853603)
It makes zero sense from the Leafs POV.

#1. Kaberle has 2 years left on his deal, Komisarek has one. That's a huge difference in how long a team would have to wait before they have positive value.

#2. Toronto has Liles in the press box right now and Gardiner in the AHL. There's no room for him anymore, and as a result he wouldn't be put in a position to regain form.

He doesn't have two years on his deal. For some reason I always though Kaberle was signed to a 4 year deal in Carolina. I still wouldn't trade for him.

Move on and go ahead, not try to acquire ex-Leafs. Just buy out Komi in the offseason if we need cap space, if not let him hang around.

RussCourtnall6 03-03-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi (Post 60849413)
Nope. Kaberle has 2 more years left, while Komisarek only has one.

Both contracts expire next summer.

The move makes no sense for either team.

Steve 03-03-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanlinden (Post 60853603)
It makes zero sense from the Leafs POV.

#1. Kaberle has 2 years left on his deal, Komisarek has one. That's a huge difference in how long a team would have to wait before they have positive value.

#2. Toronto has Liles in the press box right now and Gardiner in the AHL. There's no room for him anymore, and as a result he wouldn't be put in a position to regain form.

According to Capgeek..

Kaberle's deal expires after 2013-2014 season. His Cap hit is $4.25M which his actual salary this year is $4.25 and $4.5 next.

Komisarek's deal also expires after 2013-2014 season. His cap hit is $4.5M but his actually salary this year is $3.5 and $3.5 next.

It might make sense for these 2 teams to trade but I doubt it happens. The only benefit Komi would have could be for a floor team looking for that extra $1M in "Cap hit" vs "actual" salary. IMO he's a buyout b/c there is no way the leafs trade him and take salary back for next yr when they could simply buy him out, not to mention he has zero value.

Morlesio14* 03-03-2013 12:17 PM

Komisarek for a 5th I don't give about which team you trade him to

WTFMAN99 03-03-2013 12:22 PM

Kaberle is just done, do not want him back as a Leaf fan, our system is full of blue liners and we already having a hard time getting them into the line up.

You can have Komisarek back for a 6th, 7th, futures...I don't care.

I am Canadian 03-03-2013 12:26 PM

So whats Montreal adding?

hlaverty06 03-03-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rey72335 (Post 60849931)
Komisarek for Tavares? Cap hits are roughly the same, meaning they're the same "value" of a player :sarcasm:

Definitely a fair trade, Isles would be dumb not to do this

416Leafer 03-03-2013 12:30 PM

Toronto already has Liles, Gardiner pressing for a spot, and Rielly likely pushing for a spot next year.

Taking on an extra year of a contract just isnt worth it to get rid of Komi, we're not exactly hurting in our need for soft one-dimensional PMD.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.