HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Rangers/Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1365409)

Mats Zuccarelli 03-03-2013 11:52 AM

Rangers/Sharks

Rangers get:

D Justin Braun

Sharks get:

C Ryan Bourque
D Steve Eminger
D Stu Bickel

Lundsanity30 03-03-2013 11:54 AM

Getting rid of bickel is auto win

Roo Mad Bro 03-03-2013 11:57 AM

ITT OP wants to get a young RH PMD with upside for:

-2009 draftee who has put up 26 points in 107 AHL games (0.24 PPG)
-Two dmen who are barely NHL 3rd pair quality

lol.

Mats Zuccarelli 03-03-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro (Post 60855687)
ITT OP wants to get a young RH PMD with upside for:

-2009 draftee who has put up 26 points in 107 AHL games (0.24 PPG)
-Two dmen who are barely NHL 3rd pair quality

How much more upside can he have? He's nearly 26 years old

Roo Mad Bro 03-03-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Rash (Post 60855849)
How much more upside can he have? He's nearly 26 years old

Your original proposal had Jason Demers in it.

Unless I'm tripping.

Ih8theislanders 03-03-2013 12:03 PM

Yeah no incentive at all for San Jose to do this

Mats Zuccarelli 03-03-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro (Post 60855913)
Your original proposal had Jason Demers in it.

Unless I'm tripping.

No, that was my mistake. When I first published it, I confused the two and wrote Demers, but then I changed it to Braun after a minute.

Mats Zuccarelli 03-03-2013 12:14 PM

But Demers is better than Braun?

AJ SF4L 03-03-2013 12:15 PM

The Sharks have no need for anymore d-men, with 7 NHL'ers and several young guys who can be expected to perform well if called-up. I also feel that they could do better than Ryan Borque if they flipped Braun for a young forward. They would probably ask for Kreider/Hagelin in the Rangers asked for Braun.

Mats Zuccarelli 03-03-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ SF4L (Post 60856703)
The Sharks have no need for anymore d-men, with 7 NHL'ers and several young guys who can be expected to perform well if called-up. I also feel that they could do better than Ryan Borque if they flipped Braun for a young forward. They would probably ask for Kreider/Hagelin in the Rangers asked for Braun.

KREIDER OR HAGELIN!?!? Are you serious?

Lundsanity30 03-03-2013 12:20 PM

Rangers Sharks simply do not match up well.. sharks want forwards and rangers obviously need CK miller and Hags for not only depth, but cheap future production

TheRightWay 03-03-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Rash (Post 60855457)
Rangers get:

D Justin Braun

Sharks get:

C Ryan Bourque
D Steve Eminger
D Stu Bickel

Please explain how this in any way helps the Sharks.

Arrch 03-03-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Rash (Post 60856891)

Absolutely. He didn't say a one for one would be an even trade, but we're not going to give up Braun for scraps we don't even need.

AJ SF4L 03-03-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

I'm saying that is who the Sharks would ask for. Does that mean that it would happen? Most likely no, but what is the point for the Sharks to move a young, RH PMD with upside for two bottom pairing d-men and a prospect that has not panned out? They would be looking for a young forward with upside. And I never said it would be a one for one (I'd expect the Sharks to add), so no real need for the freakout.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 03-03-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Rash (Post 60855457)
Rangers get:

D Justin Braun

Sharks get:

C Ryan Bourque
D Steve Eminger
D Stu Bickel

Quality for scraps. How original. Might be a first on HF.

Dear Sharks fans,

You already know.

Sincerely,

Every Ranger fan who cringed when they saw the proposal.

Mats Zuccarelli 03-03-2013 12:34 PM

I don't get to watch the Sharks much because I'm on the East Coast, but I'm looking at the stats (and obviously they don't tell the whole story). What's so special about Demers and Braun?

JayP812 03-03-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Rash (Post 60857705)
I don't get to watch the Sharks much because I'm on the East Coast, but I'm looking at the stats (and obviously they don't tell the whole story). What's so special about Demers and Braun?

Defesive skill and special teams play. Can't measure that on a score sheet.

Zero reason for the Sharks to do this.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 03-03-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

You're kidding me, right?

Why would you create a proposal for a player you don't know much about? Shouldn't watching some Sharks games be step#1?

TheRightWay 03-03-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Why are you trying to acquire a player you know nothing about? Why are you posting a trade proposal centered around a player you know nothing about? In what way did you think Bickel and Eminger would be an upgrade for the Sharks, and if they were an upgrade then why would you want to move then for Braun? So many questions.

AJ SF4L 03-03-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Demers and Braun are young, RHD PMD with upside, something that is held at a premium in this league. Demers has shown that he is capable of being a top 4 D, though currently McLellan is hampering this by benching him every time he makes one mistake in a game. Braun has the lower ceiling between the two, but he has been pretty solid while being handcuffed to Murray almost exclusively. Both are trusted with special teams play and have great two-way play. Braun should top out as a solid #4, and Demers could do as well as a good #3.

Arrch 03-03-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

So all you've done in look at the stat sheet for Demers and Braun and that's enough to make you think a deal for Haeglin/Kreider is ludicrous?

TheJuxtaposer 03-03-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrch (Post 60858995)
You all you've done in look at the stat sheet for Demers and Braun and that's enough to make you think a deal for Haeglin/Kreider is ludicrous?

Hey, Kreider finally scored a goal... In the AHL... Against Rick DiPietro...

DuckEatinShark 03-03-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Clearly you don't know enough about Braun or Demers' potential. Demers can step in to be our top 4 defenseman, and Braun can be one too.

And the last thing the Sharks need is more aging, depth defensemen like Bickel and Eminger. We already have trouble juggling Braun/Demers/Murray/Irwin in our lineup even with Burns out.

The Sharks wouldn't even want that the OP for free.

Machinehead 03-03-2013 01:18 PM

OP's offer is really insulting to Sharks fans. I'd almost feel bad doing this trade.

As far as Hagelin/Kreider goes, I'd absolutely do Kreider for Braun. Hagelin on the other hand isn't going to San Jose for anyone but Couture or Thornton.

So it's pretty absurd the way people group Hagelin and Kreider together like that. They're miles apart in value.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 03-03-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 60860409)
Hey, Kreider finally scored a goal... In the AHL... Against Rick DiPietro...

Kreider vs Crosby poll incoming in 3.. 2.. 1..

(Along with another Gaborik to SJ thread)

:D