HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   The Official Fire Babcock Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1365547)

RedWingsNow* 03-03-2013 02:25 PM

The Official Fire Babcock Thread
 
It's on.
Babcock fans are going to want to put me on ignore.
Because he's reached Dave Lewis levels of incompetence

Can't be ignored anymore.

It's time for Holland to give him his walking papers

CloneHakanPlease* 03-03-2013 02:26 PM

Signed. Unliked by the players and lost the room.

He's a great coach, but they grind on players. He's run his course.

Dekesyuk 03-03-2013 02:27 PM

I did hear that players wont come to Detroit because of Babcock working in players too hard in practices.... but honestly I feel like a Buffalo Sabres fan right now blaming coaching.. I feel like the whole organization has to stop with there "loyalty" and start to move the older players NOW. (Franzen, Cleary, Abby, Miller)

mindfly 03-03-2013 02:28 PM

I shut the game off after ericssons stupid penalty when the hawks scored.

What did babcock do after that?

If they're gonna fire babcock they ought to fire the brain as well, that is ken holland. Let Jim Nill take over.

aar000n 03-03-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfly (Post 60867211)
I shut the game off after ericssons stupid penalty when the hawks scored.

What did babcock do after that?

If they're gonna fire babcock they ought to fire the brain as well, that is ken holland. Let Jim Nill take over.

he had zetterberg in a shootout. :shakehead

Dekesyuk 03-03-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfly (Post 60867211)
I shut the game off after ericssons stupid penalty when the hawks scored.

What did babcock do after that?

If they're gonna fire babcock they ought to fire the brain as well, that is ken holland. Let Jim Nill take over.

Well, Assistant Captain Kronwall did the same thing,

Zetterberg had Brunner open in the slot but shot it backhand from the goal line low

Pasha messed up his deke...AGAIN,

Brunner had another BEAUTIFUL deke but couldnt pull it off

Zetterberg as usual ****ed it up.

Z40 03-03-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fading Captain (Post 60866937)
It's on.
Babcock fans are going to want to put me on ignore.
Because he's reached Dave Lewis levels of incompetence

Can't be ignored anymore.

It's time for Holland to give him his walking papers

I vote for Bob to take over as head coach, then we can all blame him for every loss.

ArGarBarGar 03-03-2013 02:34 PM

Bring in Lindy!

InjuredChoker 03-03-2013 02:34 PM

LOL, actually planned to make this thread as I saw OP mentioning on GDT that he's officially on the fire Babcock wagon.

But on the topic.. no I'd give him at least next season. It's very hard to win games with that roster. Though he's not grinding the best out of it.

The management seems to have written this season already somewhat off.

SoupNazi 03-03-2013 02:35 PM

Captain Bob for head coach!

mindfly 03-03-2013 02:39 PM

Wonder if they would do better results if they brought in a "players coach" like Bruce Bodreau who let players do as they please pretty much.

Frk It 03-03-2013 02:41 PM

What's the reasoning behind this thread, exactly?

SirloinUB 03-03-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZBAKE (Post 60867073)
Signed. Unliked by the players and lost the room.

He's a great coach, but they grind on players. He's run his course.

Do you have a source ?

WingedWheel1987 03-03-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frk It (Post 60868317)
What's the reasoning behind this thread, exactly?

Playing Datsyuk with garbage like Gator and Cleary.

RedWingsNow* 03-03-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frk It (Post 60868317)
What's the reasoning behind this thread, exactly?

1) Trajectory of the team
2) Coaches like Babs lose their team over time, which explains the trajectory, to a certain level
3) Blame Holland, sure. But it's Babcock's decision to play Lashoff on the top pairing that cost us all those points. It's Babcock's decision to put Abdelkader (1 point in 36 games) on Datsyuk's line -- essentially neutralizing your best offensive talent.
4) Tomas Tatar is showing more offensive skill than anyone not named Datsyuk Brunner or Zetterberg, yet he sits in OT for the second straight game -- while Cleary and Andersson?? took shifts.
5) Tomas Tatar getting almost no playing time in general.
6) Or most effective physical forward, Jordin Tootoo, receives much less information than he deserves (and than one would expect from a forward making $1.9M a year)

Frk It 03-03-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZBAKE (Post 60867073)
Signed. Unliked by the players and lost the room.

He's a great coach, but they grind on players. He's run his course.

Doesn't matter if every player likes him, I will bet you they all respect him.

HTT3* 03-03-2013 02:51 PM

HF is so entertaining after a loss. I love this place! :laugh:

RedWingsNow* 03-03-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemisti (Post 60867697)

The management seems to have written this season already somewhat off.

So why not use the young forwards in meaningful roles?

Frk It 03-03-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fading Captain (Post 60868879)
1) Trajectory of the team
2) Coaches like Babs lose their team over time, which explains the trajectory, to a certain level
3) Blame Holland, sure. But it's Babcock's decision to play Lashoff on the top pairing that cost us all those points. It's Babcock's decision to put Abdelkader (1 point in 36 games) on Datsyuk's line -- essentially neutralizing your best offensive talent.
4) Tomas Tatar is showing more offensive skill than anyone not named Datsyuk Brunner or Zetterberg, yet he sits in OT for the second straight game -- while Cleary and Andersson?? took shifts.
5) Tomas Tatar getting almost no playing time in general.
6) Or most effective physical forward, Jordin Tootoo, receives much less information than he deserves (and than one would expect from a forward making $1.9M a year)

Trajectory of the team has far more to due with the declining make-up of the roster from 2009 to 2013 than Babcock's coaching ability. Agree that I don't like the decision to play Cleary the minutes he does, and Abdelakder with Datsyuk. But the rest of what he is doing I have no problem with.

The fact that with the current roster Babs has, and the amount of injuries on it, this team is currently 6th in the west is a credit to Babcock's coaching ability. I think most other coaches in the league wouldn't be able to maximize the guys on this team the way Babcock has thus far.

SoupGuru 03-03-2013 02:54 PM

This is the year the HF Wings board loses its collective mind.

We steal a point from the hottest team in the league and play some decent team defense for once and now we want to fire the coach.

Heaton 03-03-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupGuru (Post 60869335)
This is the year the HF Wings board loses its collective mind.

We steal a point from the hottest team in the league and play some decent team defense for once and now we want to fire the coach.

Basically, all of this stems from Tatar not playing with Datsyuk. Some of the 'suggestions' we've seen over the years from certain people have been amazing.

No organization would fire their extremely successful coach during this season, it's a horrible suggestion and borderline dumb.

mindfly 03-03-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupGuru (Post 60869335)
This is the year the HF Wings board loses its collective mind.

We steal a point from the hottest team in the league and play some decent team defense for once and now we want to fire the coach.

Since when is the fans of DRW happy for a freakin loser point?

RedWingsNow* 03-03-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frk It (Post 60869277)
Trajectory of the team has far more to due with the declining make-up of the roster from 2009 to 2013 than Babcock's coaching ability. Agree that I don't like the decision to play Cleary the minutes he does, and Abdelakder with Datsyuk. But the rest of what he is doing I have no problem with.

The fact that with the current roster Babs has, and the amount of injuries on it, this team is currently 6th in the west is a credit to Babcock's coaching ability. I think most other coaches in the league wouldn't be able to maximize the guys on this team the way Babcock has thus far.

Any team with Datsyuk and Zetterberg as centers 1 and 2 is going to be somewhat competitive.

And that's exactly what the wings are "somewhat competitive."

And let's stop crying about injuries. Helm. Flip. Colaiacovo. We're not hurting that bad anymore.

At this point, supporting Babcock is supporting the continual slide of the franchise.

THW 03-03-2013 02:59 PM

3) Blame Holland, sure. But it's Babcock's decision to play Lashoff on the top pairing that cost us all those points.

You had me until you made this completely idiotic statement....

Spitfire11 03-03-2013 03:00 PM

This trumps the long list of terrible ideas this board has come up with.


They have allowed 4 goals in the last 3 games against Chi, SJ, and LA after thumping the Canucks and Preds.

This team is making strides and getting better. Compare how awful the defense looked at the beginning of the year to where they are now, and look at what he's working with. How is firing Babcock going to make a difference?

And "Dave Lewis level of incompetence" is simply a ridiculous statement.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.