HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Kevin Klein or Zbynek Michalek to Toronto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1365739)

FishManSam 03-03-2013 07:02 PM

Kevin Klein or Zbynek Michalek to Toronto

Toronto needs a High IQ Top 4 RHD to play with Phaneuf, right now he's stuck with slower skating partners who aren't fit to play 20mins a night (Holzer+Kostka)

The Leafs would need to send a dman the other way, and both these teams (Nash/Phx) could use offense.

Liles + Kulemin for Klein/Michalek?

Kulemin would be great in these two systems and could thrive with the pressure of Toronto off his shoulders, Liles is a quick PMD that doesn't serve too much use to Phoenix, but could be good on the #1PP unit with Weber. That said Liles does have more value to Nashville and less to Phoenix, but Klein's value is higher then Michalek's.

Am I way of base here? I don't see these trades happening, I'd just love to see a decent partner for Phaneuf, who is playing awful because he's unable to play HIS game.

Soundgarden 03-03-2013 07:14 PM

Don't need Liles with Ellis. Can't really afford to Trade Klein.

DesertDawg 03-03-2013 07:19 PM

If the Coyotes are to trade a d-man, they would not take one back ($4.25 mil?)...

Phion Keneuf 03-03-2013 07:21 PM

Leafs are overpaying in both scenarios. Yet I still don't think either PHX or NSH do this b

Top 6 Spaling 03-03-2013 07:38 PM

Kulemin is nice, but Liles is redundant (and expensive). Klein is our only prime DFD, so no real reason to move him.

FishManSam 03-03-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 60885081)
Kulemin is nice, but Liles is redundant (and expensive). Klein is our only prime DFD, so no real reason to move him.

What if Toronto were to eat some of Liles' salary?

or say...

Gunnarsson + Kulemin

for

Klein + 2nd

OR

Gunnarsson + Kulemin

for

Michalek + 2nd + Prospect

Leafssss 03-03-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishManSam (Post 60895613)
What if Toronto were to eat some of Liles' salary?

or say...

Gunnarsson + Kulemin

for

Klein + 2nd

OR

Gunnarsson + Kulemin

for

Michalek + 2nd + Prospect

Don't see why the Leafs would consider either.

It's like trading for the sake of trading when Gunnarsson has shown he can play 20+ minutes a night and provide very good defence. That's what you want right? But why not just Kulemin away to get the same thing we have in Gunnar back, albeit with a pick.

MrFunnyWobbl 03-03-2013 09:55 PM

Toronto has a million defensivemen.

They can't all be braindead.

They have like 9, why do they need more?

Halpysback* 03-03-2013 09:56 PM

Kulemin for Klesla seems like a good deal, give or take. Kulemin is a Tippett player through and through.

Smokey McCanucks 03-03-2013 10:06 PM

I doubt either of those guys would be available at a price the Leafs would be willing to pay. Anyways why would the Leafs trade for a defenceman, look at their system, they are totally stocked.

nomorekids 03-03-2013 10:35 PM

Klein is too important right now, and just signed away his right to be a UFA next summer on a friendly five year extension.

We already have a hole on the second pair that needs to be filled, trading Klein would just create another.

FishManSam 03-03-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey McCanucks (Post 60905525)
I doubt either of those guys would be available at a price the Leafs would be willing to pay. Anyways why would the Leafs trade for a defenceman, look at their system, they are totally stocked.

All of our Top 4 and future Top 4 dmen are LHD, Carlyle likes playing dmen on their strong side, we need RHD. Our depth chart for RHD is laughably bad...

RHD

Franson
Holzer
Kostka
Komisarek
Blacker
Gysbers
Granberg
Nilsson

vs

LHD

Phaneuf