HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Bruins finally lose one (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1366145)

Scotto74 03-03-2013 09:47 PM

Bruins finally lose one
 
all talk here

patty59 03-03-2013 09:49 PM

Trade Ference to Edm for Whitney.

Mr. Make-Believe 03-03-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mione134 (Post 60911035)
Hab fans celebrating tonight probably watch the Big Bang Theory and think its the greatest show ever.

I don't think I've ever felt as strong affection for you as I do right now, Mione.

That is not only hilarious... But totally spot on.

unifiedtheory 03-03-2013 09:49 PM

I'll drop this here as well....

- A wasted effort by the Bergeron line. They were brilliant tonight. One of those nights when it felt like they would score every time they took a shift. Bergy played EASILY his best game of the year.

- The third line was a complete ****ing gong show. Straight up awful. Holy ****. Chiareli needs to address this, now. Chris Kelly was decent early but then disappeared again. Dan Paille is not a 3rd liner and Rich Peverley was bad.

- So many turnovers.

- Andy Ference, after having two straight good games was dreadful.

- Overall, I think the defense was putrid tonight. Chara was good, Dougie was good but the other 4 all had tough moments.

- The first line was bad. David Krejci was invisible, his first poor game of the year. I'l give him a pass. Did Nathan Horton play?

- Tuukka Rask was AWFUL. Denying it is homerism. He was out of position all night, bad with his rebounds. Shaky is an understatement. Again, he's been so good, I'll give him a pass.

- This team can be so good but they can be so bad, sometimes within minutes. We blew a third period lead, again. We have a depth issue. The Merlot was good again, they have been improving but the third line is a total disaster area. Our scoring comes from one line at a time, we have not put together a solid 60 from the entire team all year.

Soderberg 03-03-2013 09:50 PM

Good to see that Thornton looked more like himself tonight. Can't believe how many turnovers we had. So sloppy.

bruins_19 03-03-2013 09:50 PM

we will be alright. This wasnt for the stanley cup but some of the guys seemed to have little compete

Lockheed301 03-03-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

I'll drop this here as well....

- A wasted effort by the Bergeron line. They were brilliant tonight. One of those nights when it felt like they would score every time they took a shift. Bergy played EASILY his best game of the year.

- The third line was a complete ****ing gong show. Straight up awful. Holy ****. Chiareli needs to address this, now. Chris Kelly was decent early but then disappeared again. Dan Paille is not a 3rd liner and Rich Peverley was bad.

- So many turnovers.

- Andy Ference, after having two straight good games was dreadful.

- Overall, I think the defense was putrid tonight. Chara was good, Dougie was good but the other 4 all had tough moments.

- The first line was bad. David Krejci was invisible, his first poor game of the year. I'l give him a pass. Did Nathan Horton play?

- Tuukka Rask was AWFUL. Denying it is homerism. He was out of position all night, bad with his rebounds. Shaky is an understatement. Again, he's been so good, I'll give him a pass.

- This team can be so good but they can be so bad, sometimes within minutes. We blew a third period lead, again. We have a depth issue. The Merlot was good again, they have been improving but the third line is a total disaster area. Our scoring comes from one line at a time, we have not put together a solid 60 from the entire team all year.
Glad you posted it in this thread. Spot on.

nords1995 03-03-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mione134 (Post 60909571)
Since Bourque wasn't playing tonight, and the third line still looked terrible, who are we blaming now?

--
Peverley is talented ... but he makes very bad decisions with the puck.
Kelly is struggling.
So like I said before.... it's not all on Bourque.
They really need another winger.

unifiedtheory 03-03-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patty59 (Post 60912081)
Trade Ference to Edm for Whitney.

No. Whitney is worse than Ference. Andy will come around, he always does. He played a few good games in a row, tonight he was awful.

I still think Claude has to send a message to him. Scratch him, play Johnson.

Bad Hat Harry 03-03-2013 09:51 PM

Typical game against Montreal. Rough. Fast. Lots of turnovers. Stupid penalties and lots of powerplays. Crap goals both ways.

But some of the most entertaining and fun hockey to watch. Even though we lost/turned the puck over more times than I can count, this was the most entertaining game I've watch all season.

Also good to see that the Bruins played a much more physical, mean brand of hockey. If we end up playing Montreal in the playoffs, I think we have a great chance of beating them. No way Montreal can keep up this physical game and not get worn down in a full series against the Bruins.

Whiskey Sam 03-03-2013 09:51 PM

Did they ever give an explanation of why the penalty called on the hit on McQuaid right before the Lucic fight wasn't enforced?

Bi Coastal Bawse* 03-03-2013 09:52 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!

Dougie is one of us :handclap::cry:

Quote:

Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74
Dougie Hamilton when asked what he thought when he saw Zdeno Chara go after Alexei Emelin: "I was hoping he'd get him good!"

Bad Hat Harry 03-03-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segchise (Post 60912193)
Good to see that Thornton looked more like himself tonight. Can't believe how many turnovers we had. So sloppy.

Guy seemed to be responding to all those on here that say he can't hit anything

Morris Wanchuk 03-03-2013 09:52 PM

I like that the Bruins have switched on the emotion the last few games.

Usually that does not help vs Monteal.

Luckily, it works well against the rest of the league.

Excited for the Leafs game on Thursday.

Also, the return of Michelle to Montreal will be great for this rivalry. Martin was just too boring.

Son of Donegal 03-03-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unifiedtheory (Post 60912291)
No. Whitney is worse than Ference. Andy will come around, he always does. He played a few good games in a row, tonight he was awful.

I still think Claude has to send a message to him. Scratch him, play Johnson.

Agreed. Ference needs to play alike a veteran...until he does...dress Johnson.

Also...Our 1st line was totally invisible. Krejci especially.

What's up with that?

jstaal 03-03-2013 09:52 PM

show
 
Comon, Big Bang Theory is awesome, see ya in playoffs ,hopefully ,bruins fans.. always a nice rivarly, canes-bruins

bruinmann77 03-03-2013 09:53 PM

Turnovers need to be corrected .

Nose Face Killah 03-03-2013 09:53 PM

Can't wait to see the blog post on Days of Y'Orr on this loss. Love that blog. We'll get em next time.

Budddy 03-03-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskey Sam (Post 60912375)
Did they ever give an explanation of why the penalty called on the hit on McQuaid right before the Lucic fight wasn't enforced?

no...i never heard why...should have been a PP...

Soderberg 03-03-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskey Sam (Post 60912375)
Did they ever give an explanation of why the penalty called on the hit on McQuaid right before the Lucic fight wasn't enforced?

Lol nope. That penalty, emelin on seguin, and the puck over the glass should have been 3 bruin power plays. :shakehead

Neely08 03-03-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unifiedtheory (Post 60912173)
I'll drop this here as well....

- A wasted effort by the Bergeron line. They were brilliant tonight. One of those nights when it felt like they would score every time they took a shift. Bergy played EASILY his best game of the year.

- The third line was a complete ****ing gong show. Straight up awful. Holy ****. Chiareli needs to address this, now. Chris Kelly was decent early but then disappeared again. Dan Paille is not a 3rd liner and Rich Peverley was bad.

- So many turnovers.

- Andy Ference, after having two straight good games was dreadful.

- Overall, I think the defense was putrid tonight. Chara was good, Dougie was good but the other 4 all had tough moments.

- The first line was bad. David Krejci was invisible, his first poor game of the year. I'l give him a pass. Did Nathan Horton play?

- Tuukka Rask was AWFUL. Denying it is homerism. He was out of position all night, bad with his rebounds. Shaky is an understatement. Again, he's been so good, I'll give him a pass.

- This team can be so good but they can be so bad, sometimes within minutes. We blew a third period lead, again. We have a depth issue. The Merlot was good again, they have been improving but the third line is a total disaster area. Our scoring comes from one line at a time, we have not put together a solid 60 from the entire team all year.

Well said.

Yeah. I'll give him a pass I guess. He better start accumulating some black marks on his glove at practice. Getting tired of the "ole ****" on the glove side. And, from the blueline. It's getting old.

Mr. Make-Believe 03-03-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstaal (Post 60912481)
Comon, Big Bang Theory is awesome, see ya in playoffs ,hopefully ,bruins fans.. always a nice rivarly, canes-bruins

:laugh: Bingo.

bruins_19 03-03-2013 09:55 PM

I actually like Peverly alot even though hes been terrible, but how bad was that trade. I know we won the cup with Peverly and Id do the trade all over again but Wheeler had like 60 some points last year although he is horribly frustrating. And Mark Stuart a really solid D man with the B's. Anyone else think this?

finchster 03-03-2013 09:55 PM

Rask was bad and the Bruins played a sloppy game. I am not concerned, but it would have been nice to beat the Habs and stay in first place.

Our third line isn't working, that's my only real concern right now.

unifiedtheory 03-03-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Donegal (Post 60912459)
Agreed. Ference needs to play alike a veteran...until he does...dress Johnson.

Also...Our 1st line was totally invisible. Krejci especially.

What's up with that?

Krech has been so good all year, I'll give him a pass. I think Lucic was too focused on running around. I honestly don't remember hearing Horton's name during the run of play.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.