HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Claude Julien Calls Out The Habs ***READ MOD POST 255*** (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1366265)

Afam* 03-03-2013 11:13 PM

Claude Julien Calls Out The Habs ***READ MOD POST 255***

Bruins coach Claude Julien went off on the Canadiens following Montrealís 4-3 win over the Bís Sunday night, calling the Canadiens out for*embellishing*to get penalties.

Julien felt that the Bís were at a disadvantage because Alexei EmelinĎs second-period cross-check on Tyler Seguin wasnít called, though Zdeno Chara got an instigator penalty and a 10-minute misconduct for challenging and fighting Emelin after the play.

ďThe frustrating part is that you end up with 17 minutes in the penalty box when you should have been on the power play. Itís as simple as that,Ē Julien said. ďItís frustrating because tonight, as everybody saw, there was a lot of embellishment and this is embarrassing for our game, embellishing. Right now, theyíve got over 100 power plays so far and itís pretty obvious why. Weíre trying to clean that out of our game and itís got to be done soon.

ďItís not about tonight. Itís about the game and the embellishment embarrasses our game, and we need to be better at that because it was pretty obvious when P.K. [Subban] gets hit, he throws himself into the glass and holds his head. You know what? If we start calling those penalties for embellishment, maybe teams will stop doing it, but until we take charge of that, itís going to be an issue.Ē

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/bo...-embellishing/

Right on Claude.

Cory Trevor 03-03-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afam (Post 60918303)
Bruins coach Claude Julien went off on the Canadiens following Montrealís 4-3 win over the Bís Sunday night, calling the Canadiens out for*embellishing*to get penalties.

Julien felt that the Bís were at a disadvantage because Alexei EmelinĎs second-period cross-check on Tyler Seguin wasnít called, though Zdeno Chara got an instigator penalty and a 10-minute misconduct for challenging and fighting Emelin after the play.

ďThe frustrating part is that you end up with 17 minutes in the penalty box when you should have been on the power play. Itís as simple as that,Ē Julien said. ďItís frustrating because tonight, as everybody saw, there was a lot of embellishment and this is embarrassing for our game, embellishing. Right now, theyíve got over 100 power plays so far and itís pretty obvious why. Weíre trying to clean that out of our game and itís got to be done soon.

ďItís not about tonight. Itís about the game and the embellishment embarrasses our game, and we need to be better at that because it was pretty obvious when P.K. [Subban] gets hit, he throws himself into the glass and holds his head. You know what? If we start calling those penalties for embellishment, maybe teams will stop doing it, but until we take charge of that, itís going to be an issue.Ē

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/bo...-embellishing/

Right on Claude.

100 Percent agree with him on the 17 minute which should technically have just been a 2 minute power play and that would have been the end of it. As for the embellishments though, we can't really talk. EVERY team has guys that do it. We are not void of that. Then again, those scoundrels up in MTL do it more than most, and they always have:naughty:

Afam* 03-03-2013 11:17 PM

Just curious. Mod's do we have any rule on how many length a document can taken directly from a site and posted here or is they no limit to it.

The n00b King 03-03-2013 11:19 PM

You know what's embarrassing? Not realizing that the Bruins play like cheap shot artist goons and whining about another team because they beat you.

The Bruins beat themselves tonight. If they stuck to hockey, with toughness - not cheap shots -, they would of had a much better chance at winning this game.

Sometimes it's worth taking a moment and looking at the mirror and recognize your faults.

It's pretty weak that Julien is whining to the media like this instead of being professional (although he was always a fairly emotional man, so perhaps he just needs to figure out a way to better control that).

Accept your loss and move on. This was completely unnecessary.

I don't understand why anyone with an ounce of intelligence would be happy about something like this.

If my team's coach would go to the media every time my team loses and blame this and blame that, I'd get pretty fed up about it.

Not saying that the Habs are perfect either, but you don't see their coach going to whine to the media every time.

Man up Julien.

CHegs1349 03-03-2013 11:21 PM

What cheap shots?

Afam* 03-03-2013 11:21 PM

The n00b King 03-03-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHegs1349 (Post 60918729)
What cheap shots?

That's exactly my point. Bruins fans are so used to seeing their team play the way they do that they can't even recognize that they play dirty. Instead "it's strong hockey plays".

As for the habs embellishing, sure, that certainly happens. But like someone else said, every team does this. The habs aren't more guilty than any other. The only reason why some seem to think this is because they have such hatred for the Habs that there can be no objectivity on their part.

Watch other teams man...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afam (Post 60918745)

Remember guys don't feed the Trolls.

I'm not a troll. Just an objective hockey fan. That's like saying "you're just saying this 'cuz you be hatin'". How can you have a constructive argument with someone when they say this???

Afam* 03-03-2013 11:26 PM

Remember guys don't feed the Trolls.

Rubber Biscuit 03-03-2013 11:30 PM

Since when does Julien whine to the media after every loss?

And what cheap shots did the Bruins throw tonight?

CHegs1349 03-03-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The n00b King (Post 60918885)
That's exactly my point. Bruins fans are so used to seeing their team play the way they do that they can't even recognize that they play dirty. Instead "it's strong hockey plays".

As for the habs embellishing, sure, that certainly happens. But like someone else said, every team does this. The habs aren't more guilty than any other. The only reason why some seem to think this is because they have such hatred for the Habs that there can be no objectivity on their part.

Watch other teams man...

I'm not a troll. Just an objective hockey fan. That's like saying "you're just saying this 'cuz you be hatin'". How can you have a constructive argument with someone when they say this???

Yea I was completely serious in my question, and you didn't answer it.

And I do watch other teams, so no need to be condescending, man...

Afam* 03-03-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Watch other teams man...

I wasn't talking about you. I was speaking in general terms. Ask before you falsely accuse someone of something. last thing we need is too have this thread locked up. That's why i said what i said.

Guiledoom 03-03-2013 11:35 PM

100% spot on Claude.

Cory Trevor 03-03-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Though I agree with your assessment about embellishing, I think the point of Julien doing this is to back up his own players. He's upset about the loss and understandably so because of a cheap shot affecting the game. It isn't so much the fact that its B's and Habs. That part is obvious. The only thing is that Chara wouldn't have had the penalty would Emelin not have cheapshotted Seguin. Personally that's how I saw it as Seguin had just made a great move and was coming strong through the neutral zone.

I think he was referring more to the fact, and I could be wrong, the fact that these actions were taken, and the Bruins, unfortunately responded and ended up losing. Emelin's move was a dirty move, yes, and Chara came off directly because of his reaction. But the defense to that really is Chara's way of defending his teammate is technically what cost them the game, and not the cheapshot.

hogtownhabsfan* 03-03-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit (Post 60919131)

And what cheap shots did the Bruins throw tonight?

Chara going after Emelin wasn't a cheap shot?

Rubber Biscuit 03-03-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan (Post 60919711)
Chara going after Emelin wasn't a cheap shot?

I guess you can call that a cheap shot. I wouldn't. You can call me a homer for that.

I'd call it Chara defending Seguin. He skated over and shoved Emelin and knocked him over. He didn't start attacking pounding Emelin while he was on the ice. He waited for him to get up and started throwing punches.

And I'd say the same if it was the other way around. I don't think that was cheap.

Mione134 03-04-2013 12:00 AM

Clode,
http://25.media.tumblr.com/b603e30a1...sufvo1_400.gif

Bone for your jar 03-04-2013 12:01 AM

I love Claude, but this is lame. Marchand, Peverley, and Ference are all guys I've seen do their share of embellishing. Let's get over ourselves. Subban's problem is he makes it look so obviously fake; it's the hockey version of the Argentinian soccer player making operatic gestures of agony on the grass. He makes it impossible to suspend disbelief.

CanadienShark 03-04-2013 12:07 AM

Lost a ton of respect for Julien, but it happens. See you next time Bruins! These are the best games in the NHL!

KCBRUIN 03-04-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadienShark (Post 60920677)
Lost a ton of respect for Julien, but it happens. See you next time Bruins! These are the best games in the NHL!

Thanks for stopping by to let us know. :sarcasm: I'll put that in my big book of things I could give two ***** about.

Kitchener Boy 03-04-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBRUIN (Post 60920047)
No it wasn't. Bruins players stick up for each other. Since you're a Habs fan I understand how that wouldn't make sense to you. Your board is that-a-way.

Well said

Son of Marshmont 03-04-2013 12:23 AM

The Canadiens do not have a monopoly on embellishment. They might be master purveyors of the art, but they're not alone in doing it. Our guys do it from time to time. Just because they may do it more or the Bruins may do it less doesn't make any one instance worse than the other.

I'm fine with Claude coming out and saying this, but ultimately it's something that the NHL needs to hear. Coming out now and talking about it after a tough loss to a division rival is going to serve to fuel the "pot calling kettle" debate. I like that he's sticking up for his guys, but he'll take some heat too.

It's not an issue of the Habs; it's the bigger issue that officiating has been maddeningly inconsistent this year throughout the league. overall, play is sloppier than usual and so is the officiating. The Bruins have both benefitted from and been penalized due to bad, inconsistent officiating. We've just had little reason to complain about it Until now.

I just don't like the idea of highlighting this in a thread. It makes this fan base look like the ones we rail against on a daily basis.....but that's just me. Lost in the complaints about officiating is the fact that the Bruins' defensive strategy went to **** in the third period (yes, Chara was out....you have to figure out how to manage those 17 minutes) and the fact that yet again...the third line (sans whipping boy Bourque) looked like poop.

bruins04 03-04-2013 12:23 AM

every team has guys who dive is something that's a total misdirection in my mind. every team wins games. even columbus... that doesn't change that chicago is better and more consistent at it.

mtl #1 for pp time, bruins #29. the weaver hit on lucic... looked similar to me as the kaleta hit on richards (except for injury). but the b's come out of it down... i'm not saying the fix is in or anything ridiculous like that. but the bruins don't get the benefit of the doubt because they're the rough, goon team.

however, whenever teams that dive do their thing, they get rewarded. in worst case, it is a coincidental call. which makes me wonder what's the point. a 5 on 4 turning into a 4 on 3 is better, nothing to deter it.

Cory Trevor 03-04-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor (Post 60921295)
The Canadiens do not have a monopoly on embellishment. They might be master purveyors of the art, but they're not alone in doing it. Our guys do it from time to time. Just because they may do it more or the Bruins may do it less doesn't make any one instance worse than the other.

I'm fine with Claude coming out and saying this, but ultimately it's something that the NHL needs to hear. Coming out now and talking about it after a tough loss to a division rival is going to serve to fuel the "pot calling kettle" debate. I like that he's sticking up for his guys, but he'll take some heat too.

It's not an issue of the Habs; it's the bigger issue that officiating has been maddeningly inconsistent this year throughout the league. overall, play is sloppier than usual and so is the officiating. The Bruins have both benefitted from and been penalized due to bad, inconsistent officiating. We've just had little reason to complain about it Until now.

I just don't like the idea of highlighting this in a thread. It makes this fan base look like the ones we rail against on a daily basis.....but that's just me. Lost in the complaints about officiating is the fact that the Bruins' defensive strategy went to **** in the third period (yes, Chara was out....you have to figure out how to manage those 17 minutes) and the fact that yet again...the third line (sans whipping boy Bourque) looked like poop.

Well said. I agree with you however I fear, and I really do fear this that we are heading in the direction of, dare I say it, soccer.:shakehead Unfortunately whenever you ask someone who has played or is a big fan of soccer, when a penalty happens, even if there is embellishment, then it has to be called. This is my biggest fear. However they can correct it, all around, it would be nice to find a way.

unifiedtheory 03-04-2013 12:38 AM

Claude NEVER talks to the media about this ****....shows me he was upset ad he the right to be upset.

Afam* 03-04-2013 12:39 AM

Let's just face it the Refs in The NHL suck. Suck is not even the right word i was looking for. How about Putrid or Eye nauseating. I don't even know what's a penalty or the difference between checking, roughing, slashing etc anymore.