HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part V (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1366383)

Unholy 03-04-2013 03:09 AM

Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part V

Continue on

Previous thread:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...335081&page=40

quentez 03-04-2013 03:16 AM

Will be interesting to see McMillan up with the Ducks again. Always liked his energy and speed.

Exit Dose 03-04-2013 03:20 AM

He's also pretty tough for a guy his size. McMillan don't scare.

Ducks DVM 03-04-2013 09:45 AM

So was Etem sent down or did Palmieri go on IR?

Never mind, I forgot we sent Guenin back down.

mighty all the way 03-04-2013 10:03 AM

Where's the info saying McMillan is up with the Ducks? And if true that would be awesome, I bought a game used stick of his he did so well his rookie season hopefully he can find that magic again.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw it in the GDT.

mightyquack 03-04-2013 12:19 PM

Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh
Combing through stuff as Ducks haven't hit ice yet for morning skate. Bobby Ryan has no goals in seven games and is a -8 over that span.

So Ryan should be due for a big game within the next 3 games

snarktacular 03-04-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightyquack (Post 60940063)
Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh
Combing through stuff as Ducks haven't hit ice yet for morning skate. Bobby Ryan has no goals in seven games and is a -8 over that span.

So Ryan should be due for a big game within the next 3 games

I dig your implicit 10% try rate. But to be fair to Ryan, I'd say he generally has a 20% try rate.

bumperkisser 03-04-2013 01:48 PM

will be good to see mcmillan. he really impressed while he was here in his rookie season

Fleury14 03-04-2013 04:47 PM

although his numbers on the season look poor, McMillan does have 4 goals in the last 4 games.

Exit Dose 03-04-2013 05:30 PM

Are we really boiling effort down to stats?

Seanconn* 03-04-2013 10:00 PM

Are the Ducks going to be deadline buyers this year?

If so, I think they should target a winger.

I think Iginla and Jagr would be really good guys for the ducks to target.

Jagr obviously has the lower price, but I could see him working very well with Getzlaf and Perry on the first line.

would the Ducks do 2013 first + DSP for Iginla at the deadline?

I hear a lot of talk about Iggy going to the East... but I think he'd prefer to stay in the West.

I think Ducks could get Jagr for a lot cheaper though, but Dallas is a divisional rival, and much more likely to make playoffs than the Flames.

Spicy Porkins 03-04-2013 11:03 PM

Nothing wrong with our offense. I'd rather pick up a defensive pivot who can consistently win big faceoffs.

Ducks DVM 03-04-2013 11:19 PM

Jagr on the top line would be scary though.

Exit Dose 03-04-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damn Skippy (Post 60986805)
Nothing wrong with our offense. I'd rather pick up a defensive pivot who can consistently win big faceoffs.

I'd like Wagner to get a call up.

AngelDuck 03-04-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 60988021)
I'd like Wagner to get a call up.

I want Lindholm. Lydman and Lovejoy are shaky. Allen has been up and down the whole year.

Seanconn* 03-04-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks DVM (Post 60987633)
Jagr on the top line would be scary though.

my thoughts exactly. I'm not sure if either Jagr or Iginla would be able to play the left side.

I have a feeling Perry would be willing to move over to the left it it was Iginla joining the team, than Jagr. But I think Jagr could adjust playing on the left wing, especially with two right handed players on his line.

Other than those two guys, I can't think of who else would be available to make such a big impact in the playoffs.

I don't see how a bottom six forward who is good at faceoffs helps the ducks. Unless Anaheim can trade for a top 2 d-man, I think targeting a top 3 forward, to play with Getzlaf and Perry, is the best chance for Ducks to make another cup run.

muckbin15 03-04-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pilottalk (Post 60989755)
my thoughts exactly. I'm not sure if either Jagr or Iginla would be able to play the left side.

I have a feeling Perry would be willing to move over to the left it it was Iginla joining the team, than Jagr. But I think Jagr could adjust playing on the left wing, especially with two right handed players on his line.

Other than those two guys, I can't think of who else would be available to make such a big impact in the playoffs.

I don't see how a bottom six forward who is good at faceoffs helps the ducks. Unless Anaheim can trade for a top 2 d-man, I think targeting a top 3 forward, to play with Getzlaf and Perry, is the best chance for Ducks to make another cup run.

i dont move perry to the left just to fit in iginla, not a chance.

i still hope ottawa falls out and we deal for latendresse 6'2 230 and lefty, much better scoring touch then beleskey.

Ducks DVM 03-05-2013 12:07 AM

Won't be any D called up until Palmieri gets healthy. No room on the roster with Staubitz and 7 D.

Seanconn* 03-05-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muckbin15 (Post 60989933)
i dont move perry to the left just to fit in iginla, not a chance.

i still hope ottawa falls out and we deal for latendresse 6'2 230 and lefty, much better scoring touch then beleskey.

that would be a good pickup for the ducks too, but nowhere near an Iginla/Jagr type pick up.

Perry does his best work in front of the net, while Iginla is lethal on the right side of the ice.

I think moving Perry to the left could be considered, if it meant he got a line mate the calibre of Iginla or Jagr.

KEEROLE Vatanen 03-05-2013 12:13 AM

if the chance to get a legit top 4 D is there i would like it done. There is a big dropoff from our top 3 guys, to the rest. i'm not asking for a star, just a guy like Tyutin or Smid or something

Exit Dose 03-05-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccupySheen (Post 60990495)
if the chance to get a legit top 4 D is there i would like it done. There is a big dropoff from our top 3 guys, to the rest. i'm not asking for a star, just a guy like Tyutin or Smid or something

Tyutin is not going to be available.

AngelDuck 03-05-2013 12:27 AM

Tyutin would solidify the defense. He is so underrated.

Beauchamin-Souray
Fowler-Tyutin
Sbisa-Allen/Lydman/Lovejoy

That's a damn good defense

Exit Dose 03-05-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pilottalk (Post 60990307)
that would be a good pickup for the ducks too, but nowhere near an Iginla/Jagr type pick up.

Perry does his best work in front of the net, while Iginla is lethal on the right side of the ice.

I think moving Perry to the left could be considered, if it meant he got a line mate the calibre of Iginla or Jagr.

The price to land Iginla is way too high. We aren't in a position yet to make a trade like that. We've had a hot start. Don't mistake that start to mean that we're one piece away from being a contender.

Ducksgo* 03-05-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pilottalk (Post 60990307)

Not trying to start hostility towards the post. But we are replacing old with old... We already have two players on brink of retirement. Losing Selanne, Koivu (retire) add Jäger or Iginla and moves assets for them and retire in a few seasons?

And potentially loose Getz and Perry all in the same season (as in now) that's bad management man. The ducks are left with nothing.

It's to much of a gamble for my liking. If we're going to acquire talent look at our prospect pool or make trades for players signed under 35 that have an impact. Not old players getting ready to retire as soon as they can't leg bench 65 weight.

Seanconn* 03-05-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 60991201)
Not trying to start hostility towards the post. But we are replacing old with old... We already have two players on brink of retirement. Losing Selanne, Koivu (retire) add Jäger or Iginla and moves assets for them and retire in a few seasons?

And potentially loose Getz and Perry all in the same season (as in now) that's bad management man. The ducks are left with nothing.

It's to much of a gamble for my liking. If we're going to acquire talent look at our prospect pool or make trades for players signed under 35 that have an impact. Not old players getting ready to retire as soon as they can't leg bench 65 weight.

Jagr and Iginla are totally different. I see Iggy playing three more seasons minimum. Guys like Teemu and Jagr are just a testament to how great medical advances have got, and how much more serious the player have got about health and fitness. Iginla is only 35.

Any trade for Iginla, would be something for the Ducks future. 3 more seasons. he's a Teemu Selanne replacement, who wouldn't be a GIANT step down.

Having to worry about a problem like "will we be okay trying Corey Perry/Jarome Iginla/Jaromir Jagr on the left side with Ryan Getzlaf centering" is about as good as problems get in the National hockey league.

I'm a flames fan, but I'd love to see Iginla traded to a team in the West, so I can watch him get a cup, and see our team rebuild. I'd love to get as much for Jarome as we can, and I'd love to see him play on a winning team.

I don't think he'd ever do something as shocking as going to Vancouver. Edmonton is nowhere near success... Unless LA, Sharks or the Ducks want him, I don't see Iggy going East of Calgary, other than maybe Pittsburg, but even there, I think he'd want to be closer to his family, and I'm sure he has at least another three seasons in him. No one else can afford him beyond a rental, or isn't a good enough shot at a cup. Iggy has a NTC, so I'm sure he has ultimate say of where he goes. He's lived in the West his whole life. I really think you could look at another 2-3 seasons of Iginla in Anaheim. He wants a cup. but nothings guaranteed this year. Plus I just really don't think he'd want to move to a place like Pittsburgh. He's a family man, and will think about his kids. It's a easier place to fly to, it's got the beautiful winter weather, and it's the place his kids would want to visit the most. Makes the news a lot softer on the family then, "dads moving to pittsburg" lol.

You guys aren't the defensive powerhouse you were in 2007, but on offense, you guys are probably better. Selanne is still incredible, and Getzlaf and Perry were the best guys for you in 2007. and they are much much better now. + I'd love to see Iginla and Selanne work together your Power Play . :)

Having Iginla in your top line, or even just top 6, makes you guys a gigantic offensive threat. That Beleskey guy clearly isn't a 1st liner, but Getzlaf and Perry are making him produce like a top 6 player.

While everyone is saying he's going to be traded to the pens, and create some sort of super top 6... I think he'd improve the Ducks into something really special.

I think he creates the best first lines in Anaheim, Pittsburg, San Jose, Detroit and Tampa Bay. and would have the best chance of success in Pittsburg and Anaheim. But since I really think Iggy will play for another 3 years... I think we will see him traded to a team closer to home.

sorry for the tl:dr, I just really want to see Iginla go anywhere but the Penguins. Never really been a fan. As for the Jagr thing, he's just an all time great, I was throwing him out there.

Iggy is still 35... not a total old man like Jagr yet. Selanne might be an oldman, but he clearly has been eating the best food in the world, riding bikes with lance armstrong for training, or drinking from the fountain of youth. . . he's doing something right. If Iginla has been taking care of himself even half as good as Teemu, why shouldn't you guys expect to have him play 3 more seasons with the Ducks?