HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Shattenkirk to NYR (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1366511)

CaptainCally 03-04-2013 10:35 AM

Shattenkirk to NYR
 
He's a rightie, good on the PP. Solid in every aspect of the game, I like him a lot. Del Zotto+ for him? What would Blues want for him valuewise? I know you're most likely not dealing him since your RD depth would be pretty much depleted/average if you trade him. Pietroangelo, Polak and ?


Maybe something like: Del Zotto + pick + B prospect for Shattenkirk?


Del Zotto is signed to a sweetheart deal. $2.5 million per year for the next 2 seasons. He's good for 40+ points, he has improved a lot overall. He's no Marc Staal in his own zone, but he's solid. And he's improving, playing a lot more physical than he used to. Very good, solid piece going into the future.

The reason I'd deal him is 'cause the Rangers has got Staal, McDonagh and Del Zotto on the left side and basically just Girardi on the right.


What do you Blues fans think? Good value?
After the trade:

Rangers

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Shattenkirk
Gilroy - Strĺlman


Blues


Del Zotto - Pietroangelo
Jackman/Cole - Polak
Cole/Jackman- Russell (?)

CarvinSigX 03-04-2013 10:40 AM

Never.

Jackman, prospect, and pick for Staal?

Trxjw 03-04-2013 10:43 AM

Why would the Blues trade the better player for a collection of lesser parts? :huh:

NYR Viper 03-04-2013 11:01 AM

Well on to another thought:

What about:

Gaborik for Perron + defenseman + Schwartz?

SirPaste 03-04-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 (Post 60932005)
Well on to another thought:

What about:

Gaborik for Perron + defenseman + Schwartz?

Nope, we need a playmaking center or a #2 lefty dman to play with Petro, not more wingers

Honeycutt 03-04-2013 11:04 AM

Needs to be Top LHD or 1st line center for shattenkirk to packaged.

drcameraman 03-04-2013 11:07 AM

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1364707

CaptainCally 03-04-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarvinSigX (Post 60930909)
Never.

Jackman, prospect, and pick for Staal?

There is a bigger difference between Jackman and Staal than there is between MDZ and Shattenkirk. And then you got a way bigger age difference. Point taken though.

Just One Cup 03-04-2013 11:50 AM

Blues fans were asking about McDonagh in another thread a couple days ago, asking for Shattenkirk will get the same responses that were given to us.

Yashin for President 03-04-2013 11:56 AM

If Shattenkirk ever gets traded to the Rangers, the Blues GM will lose his job. Shattenkirk is the Blues best player if not franchise player. Surprised the Blues havent locked him up long term yet. Stop the nonsense Ranger fans.

P.S. Nobody wants Gaborik. Overpaid under performer.

ExJbeck 03-04-2013 12:01 PM

These trade offers are complete non-sense. Lets just blow it up.

NYR gets: Blues entire roster

STL gets: Rangers entire roster

Everyone wins!

CarvinSigX 03-04-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCally (Post 60934513)
There is a bigger difference between Jackman and Staal than there is between MDZ and Shattenkirk. And then you got a way bigger age difference. Point taken though.

I didn't leave a hole in one side of your defense either though. ;)

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 03-04-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yashin for President (Post 60935113)
If Stop the nonsense Ranger fans.

P.S. Nobody wants Gaborik. Overpaid under performer.

It's a message board. If you don't like it, avoid the thread instead of whining.

And pretty much every single Rangers fan know Shattenkirk's untouchable. This was discussed when someone from your fanbase created a proposal for McDonagh.

Gaborik was third in the league in scoring last season. Labeling him as overpaid or an underperformer, is absolute nonsense. Cut the crap.

Market Street Heroes 03-04-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExJbeck (Post 60935415)
These trade offers are complete non-sense. Lets just blow it up.

NYR gets: Blues entire roster

STL gets: Rangers entire roster

Everyone wins!

Everyone except the Blues owners, who now have a crap load of contracts they can't afford :)

CarvinSigX 03-04-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion (Post 60936383)
Gaborik was third in the league in scoring last season. Labeling him as overpaid or an underperformer, is absolute nonsense. Cut the crap.

John Doe is an alcoholic. He didn't drink last year, but he has in other years, as well as this year. John Doe is an alcoholic.

CaptainCally 03-04-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarvinSigX (Post 60935935)
I didn't leave a hole in one side of your defense either though. ;)

All I hear is how great and underrated Polak is from Blues fans but you can't have him in your top 4? I mean a depth RD at the 3rd pairing shouldn't be hard to obtain.

CarvinSigX 03-04-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCally (Post 60936725)
All I hear is how great and underrated Polak is from Blues fans but you can't have him in your top 4? I mean a depth RD at the 3rd pairing shouldn't be hard to obtain.

If it wasn't that hard, Army, as well as every other GM in the league, would have already fixed their defense problems.

CaptainCally 03-04-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarvinSigX (Post 60936847)
If it wasn't that hard, Army, as well as every other GM in the league, would have already fixed their defense problems.

I'll be really generous and throw in Stu Bickel in the deal. Bickel is all you need, and all of your defensive woes will be gone. :sarcasm:

Honeycutt 03-04-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCally (Post 60936725)
All I hear is how great and underrated Polak is from Blues fans but you can't have him in your top 4? I mean a depth RD at the 3rd pairing shouldn't be hard to obtain.

Polak could be top 4, thats why in my opinion if we could trade shatty for a top pairing left handed d-man or a #1 center i would. Despite his ice-time he is still playing on the second pairing and is not going up against other teams top lines; therefore, with the blues being a budget team i can see them giving him the money he deserves when we have a gaping hole on the left side.

Petro/New player
Polak/Jackman
Russel or redden/ Cole.

However if Shatty is moved is HAS to be for an upgrade that would not be a temp fix at either the #2 LHD or #1 center.

Some Blue's fans can't come to grips with us being a low budget team that can not afford the luxery of a 5 million dollar second pairing d man. We have roster holes that need to be fixed and need to utilize our assets when their value is at thier highest.

Also it is much easier to find a 5/6 if cole russel or redden continue to struggle.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 03-04-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarvinSigX (Post 60936669)
John Doe is an alcoholic. He didn't drink last year, but he has in other years, as well as this year. John Doe is an alcoholic.

Weak. :dunce:

Alklha 03-04-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCally (Post 60936725)
All I hear is how great and underrated Polak is from Blues fans but you can't have him in your top 4? I mean a depth RD at the 3rd pairing shouldn't be hard to obtain.

So we should move the better player to make way for Polák in our top 4? Not only that we should move that better player for someone not as good and a couple of lottery tickets?

Pass.

Kris Chreider 03-04-2013 01:00 PM

I don't see why we really need Shattenkirk. I'd much prefer a 4/5 guy to pair with Stralman or an upgrade at 2LW.

NYRSchrute217 03-04-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yashin for President (Post 60935113)
If Shattenkirk ever gets traded to the Rangers, the Blues GM will lose his job. Shattenkirk is the Blues best player if not franchise player. Surprised the Blues havent locked him up long term yet. Stop the nonsense Ranger fans.

P.S. Nobody wants Gaborik. Overpaid under performer.

Shattenkirk isn't even STL's best defenseman, so he's definitely not their franchise player.

As for your PS, you're an Alexei Yashin fan. Enough said

Wallachia 03-04-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 (Post 60954981)
Shattenkirk isn't even STL's best defenseman, so he's definitely not their franchise player.

As for your PS, you're an Alexei Yashin fan. Enough said

That's debatable.

stlblues9 03-04-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallachia (Post 60955237)
That's debatable.

Maybe this season but moving forward I fully expect Pietrangelo to show he's the #1.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.