HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Claimed off Waivers: Bobby Butler to Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1366585)

BonMorrison 03-04-2013 12:13 PM

Bobby Butler to Nashville
 
As per Mckenzie.
Quote:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

In addition to NSH claiming Bobby Butler from NJD on waivers, PIT puts Zach Boychuk on waivers.
Low-risk pick-up, no complaints here.

mdonova33 03-04-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonMorrison (Post 60936075)
As per Mckenzie.


Low-risk pick-up, no complaints here.

How is Boychuk? Any hope left in him, or is he a bust at this point?

Captain Hook 03-04-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdonova33 (Post 60936537)
How is Boychuk? Any hope left in him, or is he a bust at this point?

He's small, buzzes around and gets chances, but can't stay on his feet and struggles mightily to finish. I wouldn't call him a bust yet. I've seen worse players in the NHL so I think he can latch on somewhere down the road.

None Shall Pass 03-04-2013 12:33 PM

I really hope you guys like a player who isn't really good at anything.

He's not bad, per se. Just very very...I don't know, meh?

mdonova33 03-04-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 60937261)
He's small, buzzes around and gets chances, but can't stay on his feet and struggles mightily to finish. I wouldn't call him a bust yet. I've seen worse players in the NHL so I think he can latch on somewhere down the road.

Could he fit in on the B's third line instead of Bourque?

Bennett Brauer 03-04-2013 12:38 PM

He is better than Bourque so yes.

He's small but he plays with tenacity, he makes solid passes, he's fast, I don't know about his defensive game, but he would be an upgrade over Chris Bourque.

maplepred 03-04-2013 12:42 PM

Will butler play for Nashville or Milwaukee?

Beville 03-04-2013 12:44 PM

Poor Bobby, third team in what, 9 months?

Captain Hook 03-04-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdonova33 (Post 60937439)
Could he fit in on the B's third line instead of Bourque?

Depends what they're looking for on the 3rd line. I only know them for what they were on the Pens and they are similar small hockey players. Boychuk was much better here than Bourque though but maybe Bourque has gotten better. I haven't really followed his career after leaving the Pens enough to know.

caley 03-04-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maplepred (Post 60937861)
Will butler play for Nashville or Milwaukee?

Has to play for Nashville, if they want him in Milwaukee, they'd have to waive him again.

BK201 03-04-2013 01:09 PM

Butler has some skill. Nice wrister for sure can snipe some nice goals but just can't get it together now to bad hopefully it works out in Nashville for him.

DontCallPlayersStuds 03-04-2013 01:44 PM

The thing that might work in Butler's favor is that they have very few shoot first playere outside of Smith and Hornqvist. There are a few guys that can definitely find you if you're open, so he might do okay.

Rivet52 03-04-2013 02:16 PM

I don't have confidence that Butler will ever be an NHL'er but maybe Nashville's the best place for him at this point. The Preds have done good things on the waiver wire in the recent past. Both Yip and Clune have been able to stay on the NHL roster. I don't expect much from him but it can't hurt. Low risk, alright reward.

derriko 03-04-2013 02:37 PM

I disagree with Nashville being a good fit for Butler. With the sens he did improve his defense and back-checking from being a liability to decent, but its still not good. Now imagine him under Trotz's system.

Though I guess if you guys are needing trigger men, he could possibly succeed in that role. But he needs to play with a pure playmaking center to get good shots off. He only turned into an NHLer in the first place because Ottawa trade half their team and he got to play with Spezza. I don't think either Legwand or Fisher can bring out the best in Bobby.

Having said all this, its a waiver pick up.…low risk - medium reward.

DontCallPlayersStuds 03-04-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derriko (Post 60945049)
I disagree with Nashville being a good fit for Butler. With the sens he did improve his defense and back-checking from being a liability to decent, but its still not good. Now imagine him under Trotz's system.

Though I guess if you guys are needing trigger men, he could possibly succeed in that role. But he needs to play with a pure playmaking center to get good shots off. He only turned into an NHLer in the first place because Ottawa trade half their team and he got to play with Spezza. I don't think either Legwand or Fisher can bring out the best in Bobby.

Having said all this, its a waiver pick up.…low risk - medium reward.

Trotz is a little more lax on the defensive requirements these days because so much of the team is so good defensively.

Look at Hornqvist, Wilson, Smith...none of these three has a lick of defensive awareness, but all are doing\have done pretty well under Trotz.

predfan24 03-04-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by None Shall Pass (Post 60937407)
I really hope you guys like a player who isn't really good at anything.

He's not bad, per se. Just very very...I don't know, meh?

Well in that case he is a perfect fit for our forward corps.

Oroku Saki* 03-04-2013 03:14 PM

Wish Bobby well in NSH. We gave him every chance to succeed but he just couldn't cut it. Not too good on a team desperate for scoring.

Wondercarrot 03-04-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonMorrison (Post 60936075)
As per Mckenzie.


Low-risk pick-up, no complaints here.

low risk/low reward in this case

Dellstrom 03-04-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 60938397)
Depends what they're looking for on the 3rd line. I only know them for what they were on the Pens and they are similar small hockey players. Boychuk was much better here than Bourque though but maybe Bourque has gotten better. I haven't really followed his career after leaving the Pens enough to know.

Bourque was benched for Pandolfo last night.

The adventure never ends with this team. Please just bring in someone, I'd take my chances on Boychuk... :facepalm: We can't even waive Bourque without (the better) Bourque disowning us. :laugh:

DontCallPlayersStuds 03-04-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondercarrot (Post 60947533)
low risk/low reward in this case

that's kind of silly. he's got a bit more than a full season of NHL experience, and he's 25. It's not like he hasn't had streaks of success in the NHL and quite a bit of it in the AHL. It may not be LIKELY to pan out, but it's also not impossible either.

I look at Rich Peverley, who had torn the AHL and ECHL up, got several looks in Nashville, where he looked like hot garbage...goes on waivers, picked up by Atlanta, where he became a solid NHLer that's put up good numbers ever since.

Sometimes it's just a change of scenery type thing.

The Rochester Rocket 03-04-2013 03:49 PM

Oh great we lose another player who wore #9

thecloser 03-04-2013 03:54 PM

Don't know how I feel about this but i hope it pans out with some kind of success.

DontCallPlayersStuds 03-09-2013 12:10 AM

Solid first game. Drew two penalties and had several shots/scoring chances. Saw some time on the first PP unit as well.

Poile mentioned before the game that they tried hard to sign him when he was a FA coming out of UNH, and were disappointed when he chose Ottawa. (Similarly, Nashville was reportedly Stephane Da Costa's second choice at the time.)

danishh 03-09-2013 01:18 AM

the guy had every chance possible playing shotgun to michalek-spezza, and couldnt make it in ottawa. He's a career fourth liner.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.