HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Predators Offensive Offense (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1366807)

Jarnberg 03-04-2013 02:12 PM

Predators Offensive Offense
 
Teams with a player with 10 or more points:

Montreal - 11
St. Louis - 10
Toronto - 10
Anaheim - 9
Calgary - 9
Pittsburgh - 9
Dallas - 8
Phoenix - 8
Vancouver - 8
Chicago - 7
Philadelphia - 7
Boston - 7
Tampa Bay - 7
Buffalo - 6
Minnesota - 6
Edmonton - 6
New York Rangers - 6
New York Islanders - 6
Winnipeg - 6
Florida - 6
Washington - 5
Carolina - 5
Detroit - 5
Colorado - 5
San Jose - 5
Columbus - 5
Ottawa - 4
Los Angeles - 4
New Jersey - 3
Nashville - 2

Number of teams and the numbers of scorers which have more points than our leading scorer Colin Wilson (15), not counting anyone with points equal:

Pittsburgh - 5
Carolina - 5
Tampa Bay - 5
Anaheim - 5
Chicago - 4
Philadelphia - 4
Buffalo - 4
Detroit - 4
San Jose - 4
New Jersey - 3
New York Islanders - 3
Winnipeg - 3
Toronto - 3
Washington - 3
Calgary - 3
Edmonton - 3
Boston - 2
St. Louis - 2
Vancouver - 2
Colorado - 2
Minnesota - 1
New York Rangers - 1
Montreal - 1
Phoenix - 1
Los Angeles - 1
Florida - 0
Ottawa - 0
Columbus - 0
Dallas - 0

I didn't count them, but the number is more shocking when you compare the number of teams and players with more points than our second leading scorer.

triggrman 03-04-2013 02:17 PM

Pathetic.

I Will Son 03-04-2013 02:22 PM

It's like our management thinks keeping the puck out of the net is the number one key to the sport. And Scoring is last...

Enoch 03-04-2013 07:29 PM

This offense, and I've been a fan since day 1, is in probably the worst overall offense I have ever seen. If you take the body of work this year, it is mind-numbingly bad. The talent is greater than the Scott Walker, Vladimir Orszagh, and Andreas Johanson days, but the tenacity and overall abilities of the team is far depressed. Those guys dove head first into the goal if that meant a goal. This team, there is something just off about the way our offense is being run right now. You see flashes, and then the team falls off a cliff.

We have needed a forward or three since the inception of this team. That said, I've never seen a Predators team quite like this....

roseyc 03-04-2013 07:56 PM

It's a combination of players not performing and the coaches decision on whom he thinks will perform and is not. Legwand and Fisher and SK are the main culprits of this triangle. Legwand and Fisher on good team on the third line would be just what the doctor ordered. Nothing is expected of them that is what the third line is all about. This line is for players either moving up or moving down. In the Predator case with Legwand and Fisher is they are moving down. They certainly don't belong on a 1st or 2nd line they don't create offense. Sk didn't won't to come back and it shows. He seems to do only what he has to do and nothing more. I was against signing him back and I knew once his brother wasn't signed it would be the end of him. These three are slowing our somewhat productive players down to a crawl. I don't think SK will change or do I expect Legwand to do anything spectactular but I think Fisher can break out of this he has the most potential to come back. We need a trade to shake this team up and if we don't we won't make the playoffs.

Preddownsouth 03-04-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 60967767)
This offense, and I've been a fan since day 1, is in probably the worst overall offense I have ever seen. If you take the body of work this year, it is mind-numbingly bad. The talent is greater than the Scott Walker, Vladimir Orszagh, and Andreas Johanson days, but the tenacity and overall abilities of the team is far depressed. Those guys dove head first into the goal if that meant a goal. This team, there is something just off about the way our offense is being run right now. You see flashes, and then the team falls off a cliff.

We have needed a forward or three since the inception of this team. That said, I've never seen a Predators team quite like this....

:nod: :handclap:

triggrman 03-04-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 60967767)
This offense, and I've been a fan since day 1, is in probably the worst overall offense I have ever seen. If you take the body of work this year, it is mind-numbingly bad. The talent is greater than the Scott Walker, Vladimir Orszagh, and Andreas Johanson days, but the tenacity and overall abilities of the team is far depressed. Those guys dove head first into the goal if that meant a goal. This team, there is something just off about the way our offense is being run right now. You see flashes, and then the team falls off a cliff.

We have needed a forward or three since the inception of this team. That said, I've never seen a Predators team quite like this....

I agree. I don't have an answer though.

NoNecksCurse 03-04-2013 08:39 PM

dont forget we have played multiple more games than a lot of teams so we have games in hand too. LA is right above us in the 2 categories but has played 3 less games.

Paranoid Android 03-04-2013 09:04 PM

I just don't understand how this pretty much exact group of forwards scored the 8th most goals last season. Did the stars just perfectly align for us? We did have a few career years last year.

Enoch 03-04-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Android (Post 60977715)
I just don't understand how this pretty much exact group of forwards scored the 8th most goals last season. Did the stars just perfectly align for us? We did have a few career years last year.

Our transition game was probably the best it has every been, and Ryan Suter was a huge part of that. Not to mention, our powerplay was dominant.

NoNecksCurse 03-04-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Android (Post 60977715)
I just don't understand how this pretty much exact group of forwards scored the 8th most goals last season. Did the stars just perfectly align for us? We did have a few career years last year.

suter helped us alot in transition. we are really struggling this year getting up the ice. suter has 14 assists in 21 games so far... on pace for 54 assists in full season.. 0 goals though lol.. i think most try to brush off the part suter played in our offense's success last year. our top 6 is inept. as enoch said, our PP was #1 last year

Paranoid Android 03-04-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 60978739)
Our transition game was probably the best it has every been, and Ryan Suter was a huge part of that. Not to mention, our powerplay was dominant.

I thought of the PP thing, but our 5 on 5 scoring was still very good last year. So it's not the PP that's bringing our total goals down. (last year we were 10th in 5v5 goals, this year 28th)

I guess that does leave Suter. I don't doubt him leaving has had an effect, but could he really be the difference between 8th and 30th? Every year before last year we had awful offense with Suter on our team.

Enoch 03-04-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Android (Post 60980251)
I thought of the PP thing, but our 5 on 5 scoring was still very good last year. So it's not the PP that's bringing our total goals down. (last year we were 10th in 5v5 goals, this year 28th)

I guess that does leave Suter. I don't doubt him leaving has had an effect, but could he really be the difference between 8th and 30th? Every year before last year we had awful offense with Suter on our team.

5 on 5 we have always been a pretty consistent team. The difference between last year was the PP. It elevated us from a midling offensive team, into one of the dominant teams. I do not think Suter is the difference between 8th and 30th. I do think he is the difference between the teens and 30s. This team doesn't know its identity right now.

AintLifeGrand 03-04-2013 11:29 PM

Seth Jones will look good on a D Pairing with Weber...

Paranoid Android 03-04-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 60986159)
5 on 5 we have always been a pretty consistent team. The difference between last year was the PP. It elevated us from a midling offensive team, into one of the dominant teams. I do not think Suter is the difference between 8th and 30th. I do think he is the difference between the teens and 30s. This team doesn't know its identity right now.

I don't know about that. Don't get me wrong, our overall offense is hurting by the loss of Suter, but it's only part of it. Cycling, 1v1 battles down low, finding open guys, burying chances, etc. are all unrelated to Suter. There is much more going on right now. One guy does not make that much of a difference, no matter who it is.

deansredhalo 03-05-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Android (Post 60988983)
I don't know about that. Don't get me wrong, our overall offense is hurting by the loss of Suter, but it's only part of it. Cycling, 1v1 battles down low, finding open guys, burying chances, etc. are all unrelated to Suter. There is much more going on right now. One guy does not make that much of a difference, no matter who it is.

To me it still looks like effort...we stand still in the zone, make dead leg passes, no movement. Dump passes back or around to guys who are standing flat-footed and consistently get beaten to the puck. We're lazy in transition -- just fling the puck to the half-boards where opponent player is waiting to intercept and immediately turn back into our goal.

Enoch 03-05-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Android (Post 60988983)
I don't know about that. Don't get me wrong, our overall offense is hurting by the loss of Suter, but it's only part of it. Cycling, 1v1 battles down low, finding open guys, burying chances, etc. are all unrelated to Suter. There is much more going on right now. One guy does not make that much of a difference, no matter who it is.

I completely agree with this actually. I'm just saying losing Ryan is a part of this problem.

triggrman 03-05-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand (Post 60988227)
Seth Jones will look good on a D Pairing with Weber...

Sorry I just don't want another defenseman.

kakemono 03-05-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 60997635)
Sorry I just don't want another defenseman.

Agreed. Colin Wilson might start coming into his form as a high pick. Get the guy some help. He is alone right now on the ice.

triggrman 03-05-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakemono (Post 60999867)
Agreed. Colin Wilson might start coming into his form as a high pick. Get the guy some help. He is alone right now on the ice.

Smith and Gabby can play with him and should be on the pp with him but Trotz can't see that.

weeze 03-05-2013 11:22 AM

We lack overall speed and puck handling. We have some speedy players but we have no sniper or true scorer. Would have liked Jeff Carter to have been a Pred! I know his salary was a question but even as Pekka says "can't win if you don't score"! SK74 is lost, should be sat down for a while, only has 18 SOG. Looks disinterested most of the time. Needs to be asked if he wants to be here, fine, if not then find a way to move/release/trade. He isn't our only problem. Our defense has looked helter skelter sometimes, unable to control or clear the puck and giveaways in our own end has really hurt.

I just can't believe the loss of Suter is the cause for all of this, just can't.

Legionnaire11 03-05-2013 12:34 PM

Not only a lack of foot speed, but mental speed. The Preds are so slow at making decisions with the puck. Maybe they're afraid of being scratched if they make a mistake so they hesitate that extra half a second to make sure they're making the right decision. Though if that were the case, i'd expect smarter plays, unlike the disconnected cluster**** that goes on most nights.

triggrman 03-05-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 (Post 61010849)
Not only a lack of foot speed, but mental speed. The Preds are so slow at making decisions with the puck. Maybe they're afraid of being scratched if they make a mistake so they hesitate that extra half a second to make sure they're making the right decision. Though if that were the case, i'd expect smarter plays, unlike the disconnected cluster**** that goes on most nights.

You know you can't think in hockey, you have attack or react. Thinking and hesitations always lead to mistakes.

Filip Forceberg 03-05-2013 01:02 PM

If I see another drop pass upon entering the zone, I'm going to vomit.

BK Supman 03-05-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredaDORES (Post 61012607)
If I see another drop pass upon entering the zone, I'm going to vomit.

Yeah in my opinion our sloppy passing has been the bane of our existence. There are so many players on the team that instinctively pass on the shot to move the puck across.. but the pass is never on target and doesn't result in a shot on goal. If you are going to waste the opportunity to shoot it better be because you are setting somebody else up whos got a better view of the twine.. playing the way we have been is the formula for shutout losses


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.