HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   It's shakeup time (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1367483)

kypredsfan 03-05-2013 12:10 AM

It's shakeup time

I've been against this forever and stuck by Trotz and these players, but in this joke of a short season now is the perfect time to shake things up. I think we need to trade atleast a vet or 2, even if for only picks. Bring up some kids from Milwaukee to infuse some young energy and gain experience.

I also think it's finally time to relieve Trotz from his duties. Buffalo finally took the plunge and ditched Ruff, it's time to follow suit. He has done a hell of a job but it looks like he has nothing left to offer. The players don't seem to be listening either. I think we need a new coach that's not promoted from within either. Not sure who is available but we need a fresh start.

What do you all think? I'm sure sure where to start really. I guess we could start slow and bench some players and callup some ahl'ers. Either way, us fans have been doing our part and for this team to keep losing in blowout fashion, it's embarrassing. Something needs to be done and now. This is the perfect scenario in which change happens.

*steps off soapbox*

Or maybe Bobby Butler is just the start of our rebuild
:sarcasm:

thecloser 03-05-2013 12:25 AM

we need to ACTUALLY spend to cap to compete in this league. It's the truth! You can't keep doing the same **** and expect a Cup in return.

If management and ownership says we're gonna do it, we need to do it. You can't just "get by" in this league anymore. We've had nice playoff appearances with a grind-it-out team but it's not working any longer.

Forwards need to be drafted, a couple vets need to go, a deal or two on draft day or off-season needs to happen and we need to sign scoring winger and possibly an offensive-minded center in free agency. It has to be done if we want to change the play and appearance of this team and actually go somewhere!

kypredsfan 03-05-2013 12:29 AM

Wonder what Radulov and AK46 are up to?

NoNecksCurse 03-05-2013 12:33 AM

im one when im mad to say "fire trotz" but in my right mind... i honestly don't know if we should.. its so hard to say. i want to see how we finish this season.

im definitely all for trading some vets and getting some young guys in. id try to trade at least 2 of these 6 at the deadline. fisher, legwand, erat, gaustad, gill, hannan. the more we ditch, the better. id personally keep erat. don't think poile gets rid of farquaad. so say we sell off legwand, hannan.. then hopefully gaustad and gill.. we would look like this with no signings or callups

smith with erat/wilson
fisher with bourque/hornqvist
spaling with sk/butler?
? with yip/halischuk/clune

weber josi
klein ellis
blum ?

rinne
?

we can manage with selling at the deadline.. poile will never do it, though. hell, even sk can be shipped out. but like i said poile will never be a seller this deadline. he just won't

Paranoid Android 03-05-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 60991051)
Wonder what Radulov and AK46 are up to?

Those bridges are burnt to a crisp.

kypredsfan 03-05-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Android (Post 60991203)
Those bridges are burnt to a crisp.

I know. :(

Atleast Radu was entertaining and creative.

kypredsfan 03-05-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 60991189)
im one when im mad to say "fire trotz" but in my right mind... i honestly don't know if we should.. its so hard to say.

Oh, I'm in my right mind. It's been teetering back and forth for a couple of seasons now. With this freefall going on and this season that is so short, a streak like this can/will doom your chances. Now is the time. Well, this season sometime. If nothing changes before seasons end, I might not renew next year. :rant:

NoNecksCurse 03-05-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 60991343)
Oh, I'm in my right mind. It's been teetering back and forth for a couple of seasons now. With this freefall going on and this season that is so short, a streak like this can/will doom your chances. Now is the time. Well, this season sometime. If nothing changes before seasons end, I might not renew next year. :rant:

i wasnt implying you weren't in your right mind.. i was just saying for me, personally.. sorry. and i get where you are coming from 100% .. what pisses me off is people who are like "Be thankfulzzz your not the BJs!! ok?" .. like **** off! this franchise has had very minimal success. 2 playoff series win, 0 division titles, 0 conference titles, 0 Stanley cups, 5 one and dones in the playoffs. sooo much success, so little to show for it in 15+ years

deansredhalo 03-05-2013 12:50 AM

From @mayorNHL:
#Preds coach B. Trotz repeatedly talked about his team needing major changes. Said office is looking + players should expect moves quickly.

NoNecksCurse 03-05-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deansredhalo (Post 60991627)
From @mayorNHL:
#Preds coach B. Trotz repeatedly talked about his team needing major changes. Said office is looking + players should expect moves quickly.

that guy is a joke if im not mistaken

sorry different guy.. not sure who that is... moves? what a callup? lol this team needs alot. like a whole new first line

kypredsfan 03-05-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 60991551)
i wasnt implying you weren't in your right mind.. i was just saying for me, personally.. sorry. and i get where you are coming from 100% .. what pisses me off is people who are like "Be thankfulzzz your not the BJs!! ok?" .. like **** off! this franchise has had very minimal success. 2 playoff series win, 0 division titles, 0 conference titles, 0 Stanley cups, 5 one and dones in the playoffs. sooo much success, so little to show for it in 15+ years

Oh I know, I'm one of the more positive thinkers normally. But this is just incredible, in the worst possible way. We are getting blown out and embarrassed. I'd be fine watching them lose if it looked like they were interested in winning or if it was part of a rebuild. This is hard to watch. Thank God I'm off this weekend and will be drinking at the game on Friday.

Something has to give. Someone has to be held accountable. I don't know if I care what it is, but something needs to happen.

kypredsfan 03-05-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deansredhalo (Post 60991627)
From @mayorNHL:

Isn't that tweeter banned on here? Even if not, I don't trust that at all.

NoNecksCurse 03-05-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 60991771)
Isn't that tweeter banned on here? Even if not, I don't trust that at all.

seems like a beat reporter at the presser after the game. checked his twitter, seems legit

Shellz 03-05-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 60991873)
seems like a beat reporter at the presser after the game. checked his twitter, seems legit

He's very legit. No reason to think it isn't true. I was actually coming here to post that. This is his website http://mayorsmanor.com/author/john-hoven/

predfan24 03-05-2013 01:14 AM

A shake up in the core guys is needed. I don't see much we can do with guys like Legwand and Fisher having NTCs though. I can't see either of those guys willing to move as they are comfortable and rooted here. SK is a guy we could move and might get a decent pick for a team desperate for secondary scoring help.

Looking back it Poile really messed up thinking Fisher and Legwand could hold down the top 2 center spots on a contending team. We have to upgrade on one of them at least and also bring in a bonafide 1st line PPG guy before this team is a serious contender.

NoNecksCurse 03-05-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellz (Post 60992037)
He's very legit. No reason to think it isn't true. I was actually coming here to post that. This is his website http://mayorsmanor.com/author/john-hoven/

thank you for confirming. knew he was legit when i looked him up. the only moves i can think of are call ups.. so funny ... acting like something major is gonna happen... yeah right lol .. "the predator way"

kypredsfan 03-05-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 60991873)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellz (Post 60992037)

I stand corrected. Must've been someone else I was thinking. Good to hear now, maybe something will happen. Doubt it though.

NoNecksCurse 03-05-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 60993085)
I stand corrected. Must've been someone else I was thinking. Good to hear now, maybe something will happen. Doubt it though.

a call up and that's it

kypredsfan 03-05-2013 02:17 AM

Does anyone think we actually need help on the D line? Maybe a Jaybo? It won't help our scoring but we are getting abused right now.

april 03-05-2013 02:19 AM

Poile needs to be the one that goes, hell, Trotz too. If this team wants any chance of being a playoff contender and not the laughingstock of the NHL, they need to get rid of the two morons running the team into the ground. Most tenured coach in the NHL? Who cares... I'd rather have one with a track record of real SUCCESS. And don't get me started on Poile...we needed help a long time ago and he has been too slow to react. He picks up guys off waivers thinking they will solve our problems- we need to trade for a first line forward, someone who can score. A new GM and coach will help our team regroup and find their focus.

NoNecksCurse 03-05-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 60993303)
Does anyone think we actually need help on the D line? Maybe a Jaybo? It won't help our scoring but we are getting abused right now.

our defense isn't perfect but we aren't winning a cup any time in the imminent future. he could help our defense but what we would give up makes it stupid. just take the lumps with the young guys. weber, josi, ellis, klein, blum are gonna be 5 of our 6 defenseman in the future. we can fill that last spot easily from inside or out. all attention should be on the forwards. and i mean ALL. i think poile knows that.. starting with the butler pickup.. poile knows our offense is anemic (i hope)

RomanEmpire 03-05-2013 03:15 AM

Yeah that Mayor guy is legit. Josh Cooper had the same Trotz quotes in one of his post game articles.

Quote:

We’re going to have to make some changes. We’re going to have to change some guys

Hopefully he means it.

Webersmashpuck 03-05-2013 03:24 AM

I think we saw SK74's last game as a Pred. If I have to do a shakeup, I am not getting rid of Trotz, he is proven to be top of the league. Some players need to go.

Really though, I don't fault Poile right now, if he continues to do nothing then yes I will fault him. This is essentially the same team that had one of the best seasons in Pred's history just without Suter. Josi has filled in fine. The offense wasn't bad last season, but Fisher and Legwand may have the worst regressions in Preds history.

kypredsfan 03-05-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 60993417)
our defense isn't perfect but we aren't winning a cup any time in the imminent future. he could help our defense but what we would give up makes it stupid. just take the lumps with the young guys. weber, josi, ellis, klein, blum are gonna be 5 of our 6 defenseman in the future. we can fill that last spot easily from inside or out. all attention should be on the forwards. and i mean ALL. i think poile knows that.. starting with the butler pickup.. poile knows our offense is anemic (i hope)

I'm totally fine with letting the kids get their feet(skates) wet and going through the lumps from learning. But we can't really afford a total rebuild, from an attendance point of view, so I'm just throwing **** out there and seeing what sticks. I remember quite a few of us kinda wanting Jaybo awhile back. Not sure if he's worth letting a kid go or not. But I see your point in that all the focus needs to be on forwards. The Butler pickup probably ends up being nothing, but you never know. Hopefully, Poile is looking around and looking hard.

Top 6 Spaling 03-05-2013 07:41 AM

Harlem Shake-up?

It's time to get younger.