HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Colin Wilson (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1367533)

Rielly4 03-05-2013 02:29 AM

Colin Wilson

As a leaf fan i think Colin Wilson would be the perfect fit to be our # 1 center, he may not have the points to awe you into thinking hes a # 1 center but he fits our age group well and he has chemistry with JVR from the world juniors... He is a power forward who has tremendous hands and skill and also has good vision. Im comfortable with Kadri and Wilson being our 1 and 2 centers moving forward as a young team.

Now for Nashville fans what would it take to get him. Lets be realisitc, i know you want Gardiner and Rielly, but your not getting them as we wouldnt even trade them for Nash. For Wilson your looking at Grabo who would fit wonderfully there and fill in for Wilson and Kulemin and maybe Gunnarsson... But discuss what you think you should get and what not. How do you value him without being bias because the thought of Gardiner intrigues you.

DKQ 03-05-2013 02:35 AM

You write as if Nashville is trying to sell you Wilson. If you're going to start off by eliminating any pieces of real interest from the discussion, than negotiations won't go very well. Wilson is leading the worst offensive team in the NHL in scoring and has finally begun to show the offensive talents he was drafted for. Gotta give to get.

P.S. What's with Leafs fans wanting almost every player in the league lately? I swear every day there's a new "______ to TOR" thread

Alvvays 03-05-2013 02:37 AM

From what I've seen of Nashville they've been playing him on the wing this season, and he's had great success there. On pace for 52 points, still only 23 years old. He could improve into a 60-65 point player with size. Leafs would need to make it worth the Predators while to trade their best forward.

Don't even think they'd do it for Rielly/Gardiner, they don't need small, offensive defenseman. They need more scoring.

Only way I could see it happening is Wilson+ for Kessel. That's just crazy though, the Leafs wouldn't trade their leading scorer the past 3 years when they're currently sitting nicely in the east playoffs race.

Eyedea 03-05-2013 02:38 AM

kessel.

IrishPaulie 03-05-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rielly4 (Post 60993431)
As a leaf fan i think Colin Wilson would be the perfect fit to be our # 1 center, he may not have the points to awe you into thinking hes a # 1 center but he fits our age group well and he has chemistry with JVR from the world juniors... He is a power forward who has tremendous hands and skill and also has good vision. Im comfortable with Kadri and Wilson being our 1 and 2 centers moving forward as a young team.

Now for Nashville fans what would it take to get him. Lets be realisitc, i know you want Gardiner and Rielly, but your not getting them as we wouldnt even trade them for Nash. For Wilson your looking at Grabo who would fit wonderfully there and fill in for Wilson and Kulemin and maybe Gunnarsson... But discuss what you think you should get and what not. How do you value him without being bias because the thought of Gardiner intrigues you.

This is just another "Hey I really like your young up and coming player but don't ask for anything of value of ours" threads.

Gunnarsson is an RFA after this year. No guarantee he would sign with Nashville. Grabo isn't a Trotz type player and he's even less a Poile (who shows such cap restraint) type player. Kulemin could intrigue them but he's a UFA the year after next and hasn't shown to be better than Wilson the last two years.

If the Leafs want a young big bodied center they're going to have to part with something that hurts a little more than an RFA, a struggling soon to be UFA or a slightly overpaid second line center. IMO JVR or Gardiner make far more sense as starting points for Nashville.

kypredsfan 03-05-2013 04:27 AM

Wilson is one of the few forwards we have who is pretty much untouchable, sorry. We have to lowest scoring team in the league and without Wilson, we'd be even worse. We need offensive help in the worst way possible. Wilson will not be going anywhere. He was supposed to be the key chip in us landing Kessel but then Kessel refused to come to Nashville.

johnny_rudeboy 03-05-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyedea (Post 60993527)
kessel.

Deal.

Top 6 Spaling 03-05-2013 08:09 AM

No, we don't want Gardiner or Reilly. Young OFD are the one thing we have plenty of.

Our biggest need is young offensively talented forwards. We aren't trading our best one unless it's part of a package for someone better. AKA Kessel. It isn't a value thing, it's just that we can't afford to lose Wilson and not get a better forward back.

AtlantaWhaler 03-05-2013 08:30 AM

Yep...you just asked for one of the few players the Preds need (and then stated that the valuable players are not part of a trade). Not happening.

Tommy Torini 03-05-2013 09:45 AM

"I want one of your top young players, but you can't have any of mine back"

Lame.

I Will Son 03-05-2013 09:50 AM

Kessel is the only thing NSH would trade Wilson for. With Toronto that is

Hawaiinleaf 03-05-2013 09:51 AM

Leafs make trade with St louis Kule & for Schwartz

Leafs deal Schwartz + 2nd to Nashville for Wilson
there is your elite scoring talent in Nashville he is the top prospect not playing in NHL so lets not have he is not enough arguement

BonMorrison 03-05-2013 09:55 AM

Wilson has been on the wing since his rookie year, IIRC.

I Will Son 03-05-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf (Post 61001343)
Leafs make trade with St louis Kule & for Schwartz

Leafs deal Schwartz + 2nd to Nashville for Wilson
there is your elite scoring talent in Nashville he is the top prospect not playing in NHL so lets not have he is not enough arguement

:laugh: that's hilarious

DontCallPlayersStuds 03-05-2013 10:21 AM

Wilson simply isn't available, even in a deal for Kessel.

Boston tried to get him in the first Kessel deal, and that was when Kessel was on the cusp of a reasonable 5 year deal and Wilson was an unproven prospect.

Wilson is one of about four things (Bourque, Smith, Wilson, Josi) going right in this trainwreck of a season, and is basically the offensive building block(along with whatever we get in the draft this year, hopefully it's a nice high pick).

predfan24 03-05-2013 10:43 AM

Wilson along with Josi are the brightest spots on the abysmal team right now. You are not getting Wilson unless it's an upgrade on Wilson.

Eyedea 03-05-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy (Post 60994897)
Deal.

You can't do that. I'm a Leafs fan too. You can't just accept my deal when we're fans of the same team.

supert 03-05-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 60998093)
Yep...you just asked for one of the few players the Preds need (and then stated that the valuable players are not part of a trade). Not happening.

Yakupov for Wilson++

The Zetterberg Era 03-05-2013 11:08 AM

Glad to see Gardiner is still on the no go list even though making him available in this deal wouldn't get you Colin Wilson at all.

Soundgarden 03-05-2013 01:44 PM

The only way I'd trade Wilson is if two forwards equal or better to him come back. JVR and Kadri. That's the only way. No reason for us to trade him for a damned d man or an ok forward in his late 20's early 30's. Simply put Wilson's a top 10 pick and he's finally playing like one.

Duck Off 03-05-2013 01:52 PM

Ahh the old we want your great players but don't ask for ours thread.

These should be closed immediately.

Avs44 03-05-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rielly4 (Post 60993431)

Ah, I see. You want a guy, who you admit could be your #1 center, and is a power forward who has tremendous hands and skill? On top of that, he is Nashville's leading scorer, is only 23, and the type of player they should be looking to add, not to trade? Oh, and Nashville is struggling so they shouldn't be trading young talent for older players. Hmm, looks like it would take a lot to pry this guy away from Nashville.

I read the first part of your post and was expecting the usual canidates to be offered. I was not dissapointed. The best part is the way you act that Gardiner is untouchable and Nashville fans would be all over him for Wilson, even though they would certainly not trade Wilson for Gardiner(teams who are struggling to score typically don't trade a top young forward for defense!) So you offer guys like Grabovski, Kulemin, and Gunnerson? Hey, what if the Preds want Kadri? They offer you Legwand, Hornqvist, or Hannan. You would be jumping all over that, right?

Note: I am not saying the Nashville players I mentioned are equal to Grabovski, Gunnerson, and Kulemin. Just an example.

Rielly4 03-05-2013 06:10 PM

just to clarify i didnt say you couldnt have anything of value from our team, just not Rielly or Gardiner.

Rielly4 03-05-2013 06:11 PM

in fact i would say that WIlson and Grabovskis talents are pretty similar themselves, just Wilson has more youth.

DKQ 03-05-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rielly4 (Post 61031359)
in fact i would say that WIlson and Grabovskis talents are pretty similar themselves, just Wilson has more youth.

Except Wilson is outscoring Grabovski, is younger, is more physical and has a much smaller cap hit