HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Ryan McDonagh (READ OP) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1367617)

Kris Chreider 03-05-2013 07:52 AM

Ryan McDonagh (READ OP)
 
I do not want to trade McD, and I know it would take a massive overpayment to pry him away, but I'm curious as to what teams would realistically give up for him.

Wallachia 03-05-2013 07:54 AM

Are you looking to make a 1 v 1 trade or a package? Picks, prospects, roster players or top tier roster players?

A lot of the offers are going to be borderline 1line/2nd line player, top prospect and a first.

BigDaddyLurch 03-05-2013 08:18 AM

According to Bob Gainey, all it takes in one horrifically overpriced smurf who forgets how to score, pass, and backcheck...sorry, still a bit bitter. :cry:

fedfed 03-05-2013 08:25 AM

Alzner, Johansson, Orlov is what I'd offer. It's an overpayment though and not realistic value.

Hivemind 03-05-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedfed (Post 60997901)
Alzner, Johansson, Orlov is what I'd offer. It's an overpayment though and not realistic value.

What an absurd overpayment. The difference between Alzner and McD is minimal, and certainly not worth two highly valuable young players in Johansson and Orlov.


I'd offer the Rangers their choice of the following packages:
Carlson + Barber + 2nd
Orlov + Perreault + 2nd
Johansson + Schilling + 1st

iamitter 03-05-2013 10:10 AM

A similar forward.

He wouldn't go for 4 quarters.

theboss* 03-05-2013 10:12 AM

Mcd for Couture

Alivesi 03-05-2013 10:13 AM

Tampa would offer Purcell and Brewer. 1st line winger, and Top 4 Defenseman.

Pip 03-05-2013 10:14 AM

we better be talking fair value right now since it's hypothetical. No "it will only take an overpayment" cause that leads to no real discussion.

similar forward at similar age. Jordan Eberle?

BarDownBobo 03-05-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by live playoff hockey (Post 61002673)
we better be talking fair value right now since it's hypothetical. No "it will only take an overpayment" cause that leads to no real discussion.

similar forward at similar age. Jordan Eberle?

Been discussed in another thread. I'd definitely consider it as an Oil fan, but honestly you probably have to add other pieces on both sides.

Pip 03-05-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarDownBobo (Post 61004607)
Been discussed in another thread. I'd definitely consider it as an Oil fan, but honestly you probably have to add other pieces on both sides.

makes sense, at least I've hit ballpark.

maybe something around Evander Kane? I think he has a little less value but a deal could probably get worked out

Habtchum* 03-05-2013 10:55 AM

Habs are willing to give you Gionta and Kaberle or Weber. Nothing more

Jame 03-05-2013 10:58 AM

Thomas Vanek or Jason Pominville

Trxjw 03-05-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by live playoff hockey (Post 61004883)
makes sense, at least I've hit ballpark.

maybe something around Evander Kane? I think he has a little less value but a deal could probably get worked out

Those would be the kinds of players that it would take.

Pip 03-05-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 61005233)
Those would be the kinds of players that it would take.

that's what I kind of expected. Canucks don't have a good enough young player to make a one for one trade. Would be willing to give up a combination of anyone not named Sedin or Kesler

Ola 03-05-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 61005233)
Those would be the kinds of players that it would take.

RNH/Hall/Yakubov

16 To Stanley* 03-05-2013 11:18 AM

Surprised at how good the offers are in here. Not because McD is bad, but because people generally underrate players on the trade boards (sans the elite elite).

Anyway, I don't think he'll ever be traded, at least not anytime soon. But glad to see people thinking with there brains. A couple serious overpayments in here even.

Trxjw 03-05-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola (Post 61006007)
RNH/Hall/Yakubov

I'd take Eberle over all 3. Can't teach clutch. :nod:

RNH a close second, but I don't see why Edmonton would put him in the mix.

pld459666 03-05-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alivesi (Post 61002665)
Tampa would offer Purcell and Brewer. 1st line winger, and Top 4 Defenseman.

Pass.

Purcell is a nice top 6 winger. Not yet a 1st line winger.

Brewer is decent, but getting up there in age.

If I were looking to move McDonagh, I am looking at Edmonton for one of Eberle, Yakupov or Hall.

16 To Stanley* 03-05-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alivesi (Post 61002665)
Tampa would offer Purcell and Brewer. 1st line winger, and Top 4 Defenseman.

No way.

bernmeister 03-06-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alivesi (Post 61002665)
Tampa would offer Purcell and Brewer. 1st line winger, and Top 4 Defenseman.

1. McD not being traded.
2 To answer the ?, since a package for Stamkos (McD + Kreider?) would not be entertained at your end, it would have to be something with Hedman coming back the other way, probably a 2 for 3, with those as the centerpieces.

Drydenwasthebest 03-06-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habtchum (Post 61005029)
Habs are willing to give you Gionta and Kaberle or Weber. Nothing more

That is a horrid offer that makes Habs fans look like idiots.

We can not afford to offer equivalent value pieces because it becomes a lateral move. As such, it would only be a package deal involving our 2013 1st and other valuable pieces. This is probably NOT what the Rangers are interested in.

If Diaz were not hurt, I could see us offer Eller, Diaz, and our 2013 1st, but don't think it is what the Rangers would want.

alpine4life 03-06-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habtchum (Post 61005029)
Habs are willing to give you Gionta and Kaberle or Weber. Nothing more

ahahahah, someone still a little bitter with the Gomez/McD trade. :naughty:

16 To Stanley* 03-06-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest (Post 61101103)
That is a horrid offer that makes Habs fans look like idiots.

We can not afford to offer equivalent value pieces because it becomes a lateral move. As such, it would only be a package deal involving our 2013 1st and other valuable pieces. This is probably NOT what the Rangers are interested in.

If Diaz were not hurt, I could see us offer Eller, Diaz, and our 2013 1st, but don't think it is what the Rangers would want.

I'm pretty sure that the guy who posted that trade was kidding.

Blue Blooded 03-06-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 61006451)
I'd take Eberle over all 3. Can't teach clutch. :nod:

RNH a close second, but I don't see why Edmonton would put him in the mix.

IMO:

Hall

Eberle

RNH
Yakupov

Yakupov hasn't proven himself at the NHL level yet and RNH is a PP specialist, I prefer ES scorers by an enormous margin.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.