HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Sharks - Pens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1367765)

gdsmack267 03-05-2013 11:20 AM

Sharks - Pens

One of the Pens biggest issues this year has been their failure to defend the slot area and clear the crease. With Douglas Murray being a UFA this year what would it take to get him out of San Jose? Also looking for San Jose fans to give a scouting report on him on things like hits, play around the net and Pk ability.

:pens

Douglas Murray

:sharks

3rd rounder + prospect (Tom Kühnhackl)?

hockeyball 03-05-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdsmack267 (Post 61003063)
One of the Pens biggest issues this year has been their failure to defend the slot area and clear the crease. With Douglas Murray being a UFA this year what would it take to get him out of San Jose. Also looking for San Jose fans to give a scouting report on him on things like hits, play around the net and Pk ability.

Douglas Murray

3rd rounder + prospect?

Done, as long as its a prospect will a realistic shot at the NHL in the near future.

Murray is still a physical monster. Few players in the league can out muscle him, or even knock him down. He is however a very slow skater and completely lacking in offensive ability. His defense can be very good, but lately he's been struggling.

Fistfullofbeer 03-05-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdsmack267 (Post 61003063)
One of the Pens biggest issues this year has been their failure to defend the slot area and clear the crease. With Douglas Murray being a UFA this year what would it take to get him out of San Jose. Also looking for San Jose fans to give a scouting report on him on things like hits, play around the net and Pk ability.

Douglas Murray

3rd rounder + prospect?

Would prefer a 2nd rounder but that seems pretty fair to me. With our depth at D, Murray is definitely disposable.

gdsmack267 03-05-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 61003207)
Done, as long as its a prospect will a realistic shot at the NHL in the near future.

Murray is still a physical monster. Few players in the league can out muscle him, or even knock him down. He is however a very slow skater and completely lacking in offensive ability. His defense can be very good, but lately he's been struggling.

Pens have plenty of puck moving D men in guys like Letang, Martin, Niskanen. We need a stay at home physical guy. Could care less if he gets 0 points in a full season.

Iron Chef 03-05-2013 11:26 AM

I think this is pretty fair, although I do think Murray is worth a late 2nd, as it would be if this was a deal with the Pens.

Murray is a shot blocking machine which is why hes great on the PK. He's also feared by many around the NHL, but as mentioned, hes slow.

MichiganWolverines 03-05-2013 11:26 AM

I thought we agreed that Tyler Kennedy for Douglas Murray was a fair deal.

Fistfullofbeer 03-05-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdsmack267 (Post 61003351)
Pens have plenty of puck moving D men in guys like Letang, Martin, Nisknane. We need a stay at home physical guy. Could care less if he gets 0 points in a full season.

Thats pretty much Murray.

Would still like a 2nd for Murray but depending on the prospect, 3rd is fine.

gdsmack267 03-05-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer (Post 61003439)
Thats pretty much Murray.

Would still like a 2nd for Murray but depending on the prospect, 3rd is fine.

Third rounder plus Tom Kühnhackl?

Fistfullofbeer 03-05-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines (Post 61003383)
I thought we agreed that Tyler Kennedy for Douglas Murray was a fair deal.

Maybe. Murray for Kennedy + 7th .. we love our 7th rounders :laugh:

What has been up with Kennedy this year anyway?

domon 03-05-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdsmack267 (Post 61003597)

A german? DW would be all over that.

Fistfullofbeer 03-05-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdsmack267 (Post 61003597)

Project as a plug-in in a tweener role. Thats sounds right with regard to what I would expect.

SOLD!

Le Magnifique 66 03-05-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer (Post 61003619)

You can have the 7th, we have an extra one anyways! :nod:

gdsmack267 03-05-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Kennedy was fixed on Staals(Left handed) RW pretty much his entire career and he fed off Staals play most of the time. While Sutter (right handed) has been great defensively he is a step down in terms of offensive ability. TK is a great energy guy who plays hard each night but his biggest downfall is either trying to make to fancy of a play or trying to shoot through someone who is 2 feet in front of him

Mo Wanchuk 03-05-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

SOLD!

What will it take to acquire Clowe?

Hans Rutherford 03-05-2013 11:50 AM

Why do Pen fans want Murray so bad?

PensFan68 03-05-2013 11:50 AM

I'm all for a guy like Murray. We truly need a guy like that. Add him to Eaton in the playoffs (I know it's only be 2 games, but he's played well), then you have a solid defensive pairing that shouldn't be allowed to cross the red line at any time.

PensFan68 03-05-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatonBabies (Post 61004693)

Because we need a big body to clear the front of the net.

Fistfullofbeer 03-05-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk (Post 61004559)
SOLD!

What will it take to acquire Clowe?

A top-6 speedy and shoot-first winger. From watching the forums it does not seem like its something the Pens have available.

If we are out by the trade deadline, then the 1st round pick 2013 draft.

gdsmack267 03-05-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Id like him because like 60-70% of the goals scored against us are from our D men being out muscled in and around the crease or thinking they can out chase the forwards in the corners which leaves the slot open. I could care less if he sucks offensively, we have enough OFD

Dragon Priest 03-05-2013 12:24 PM

Murray would be a great addition to the Penguins. Definitely fits a need. San Jose can move him with the defensive depth they have. I think Tyler Kennedy would actually be a good fit with the Sharks and bring some quickness to their game, especially on the 3rd line.

TorstenFrings 03-05-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Apparently "standing in front of the net looking mean" is the kind of D we don't have yet and we have to collect them all. He'll be hilarious in Bylsma's system and I am done with arguing about it, don't see it happening anyway.

nimos 03-05-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer (Post 61004793)
A top-6 speedy and shoot-first winger. From watching the forums it does not seem like its something the Pens have available.

Change the top-6 part to top-9 and you've got Tyler Kennedy. As soon as he figures out he's not an all-star he is a very strong 3rd line shoot-first winger. Right now he seems to think he can create his own scoring chances (he can't).

Honour Over Glory 03-05-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Only way you'd be getting a 1st out of Shero for an impending UFA is if it's a conditional one.

Nolan11 03-05-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

IMHO if DW could sign Clowe to a one year, 3.25 M extension I would keep him. (Give him another contract year at a slight home team discount to apologize for this one). If that does not occur before the deadline, I am OK with renting him out for a good return, regardless of where we are at in the standings. Assuming we don't resign Clowe to an extension in next few weeks, I would propose:

Clowe and Murray for Kennedy, 2013 1st and a forward prospect (Tom Kuehnhackl?)

DuckEatinShark 03-05-2013 09:22 PM

I'd do the OP. Murray is only good at clearing the net and blocking shots. He rarely hits anymore because he's too slow. You'll need to pair him with a great skating defenseman in order for him to be effective.