HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How invested is Florida in Parros? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1367873)

MauditGreek* 03-05-2013 01:09 PM

How invested is Florida in Parros?

Hi Florida, let me start off my saying how much it sucks that Weiss has gone down for you guys, I always thought he was extremely underrated. Also, wow, Huberdeau is going to be a heck of a player :yo:

Now for the main reason that I am here on your forums. As you can tell I am a huge George Parros fans, so I have 2 questions for you all:

1- How have you liked or disliked his play this year?

2- What would it take to get in a Habs jersey?

SoupyFIN 03-05-2013 01:13 PM

After that god awful start to the season he had, Parros has looked good since about the 8th or so game of the season.

MauditGreek* 03-05-2013 04:31 PM

Would FLA fans trade him?

What sort of trade would it take to get him in Montreal?

A pick? 4th/5th or something like that?

A player? Kaberle or Weber or something like that?

Just trying to gage whether or not the Florida fan base would care to see him go or not.

Ghoste 03-05-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MauditGreek (Post 61022117)

Just trying to gage whether or not the Florida fan base would care to see him go or not.

Unless Tallon brings in another tough guy, I'd like to keep him. My main reason is because I love fighting. And he can add some protection to others.

-ghoste

Laus723 03-05-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Some may, some may not care, but there's no reason currently to move him.

adam graves 03-05-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

too mny kds on this team not to have an enforcer to protect opposition from taking liberties.

ratmanfu 03-05-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 61023665)
too mny kds on this team not to have an enforcer to protect opposition from taking liberties.

Agree 100%

My biggest fear is that Tallon moves him and then the kids get bounced around like ragdolls in his absence.

ShootIt 03-05-2013 07:16 PM

Is Parros really an enforcer or just some big guy no one wants to fight? I don't see him throwing checks throughout the game, and it seems that his fights are staged.

I like the dude, but, I don't think his presence is helping the young guys out. Not like he has a history of "payback" when one of his teammates gets hit hard.

p9ers 03-05-2013 07:21 PM

I did not see Parros go after a guys after they tooked cheapshot. After Huber got sticked in the balls by Orpick Parros did not fight him or anything.

I'd trade him, I also wouldn't mind seeing Parros crush Chara in the playoff for you guys.

Erick 03-05-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratmanfu (Post 61030945)
Agree 100%

My biggest fear is that Tallon moves him and then the kids get bounced around like ragdolls in his absence.

Hasn't that happened already? :help:

To answer the OP's question, I'm guessing they're not too invested. Everyone has their own value. Parros is far from untouchable and can be had rather easily, imo. Quite honestly, I don't think a team would give up a pick for a guy like Parros anymore.

If Parros is let go, another enforcer could be signed or brought up from the AHL so it's not really a big deal.

I would take just about anything for Parros.

jakethesnake23 03-05-2013 07:25 PM

For a flat-out enforcer, hes done a good job. I dont want him to go.

Inquisition13 03-05-2013 08:35 PM

I love him. Would rather him stay.

PantherboyHTR 03-06-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 61032381)

To answer the OP's question, I'm guessing they're not too invested. Everyone has their own value. Parros is far from untouchable and can be had rather easily, imo. Quite honestly, I don't think a team would give up a pick for a guy like Parros anymore.

If Parros is let go, another enforcer could be signed or brought up from the AHL so it's not really a big deal.

Toronto just got Edmonton's 4th round for Mike Brown. I'd think we would get something similar for GP. Not that I think we should trade him. He adds value to this team. Look at the confidence Santo has had the last two games playing along-side GP.

He doesn't have to go out and fight and run around trying to hit people. Sometimes letting other sleeping bears ly is fine. Plus we would have to replace him again next year with someone new. I am against Gudbs fighting any time he doesn't have too.

RogerBR 03-06-2013 08:46 AM

I also like to watch him playing! I am always chearing to he scores too, so they dont want to trade him.
I see he checking a lot after the goal line, but also agree he should get the guys that try to get on other players.. See Steeger... poor guy... Parros should have crushed Ovechkin. Not only chase his old fights mate....
But I care a lot to him to stay!!!

Benched 03-06-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 61023665)

Yonkman? Guy's huge and all he's good for is fighting. And it's not like Parros has fought a lot this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerBR (Post 61087605)
I also like to watch him playing! I am always chearing to he scores too, so they dont want to trade him.

So you've cheered once this year? :dunno:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerBR (Post 61087605)
I see he checking a lot after the goal line

Huh?

harv3317 03-06-2013 11:47 AM

parros is playing better and fitting into the team better, but i still think he is lacking in being a determent to other teams physical game and creating energy and big hits. we need multiple physical guys, over various lines. imo, we don't have close to that though yonkman and guds help, but i don't want guds fighting since the shoulder surgery. most teams have at least 3-4 guys who are extremely physical and can drop the gloves. i don't think we match up to most good teams in physicality.

MauditGreek* 03-06-2013 12:04 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I was hoping we would sign him in the off season, and I am still hoping we could land him, hence this thread.

I gather some of you would prefer he had a meaner streak so to speak, I know that I would feel a whole lot better if I had someone like Parros on my team though.

adam graves 03-06-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benched (Post 61092445)
Yonkman? Guy's huge and all he's good for is fighting. And it's not like Parros has fought a lot this year.

Huh?

I like yonkmans physicality, but im worried about his D especially based on rampage nates assessments, which are usually spot on.

Erick 03-06-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR (Post 61081791)
Toronto just got Edmonton's 4th round for Mike Brown. I'd think we would get something similar for GP. Not that I think we should trade him. He adds value to this team. Look at the confidence Santo has had the last two games playing along-side GP.

He doesn't have to go out and fight and run around trying to hit people. Sometimes letting other sleeping bears ly is fine. Plus we would have to replace him again next year with someone new. I am against Gudbs fighting any time he doesn't have too.

I've never really watched Mike Brown play, but maybe he's a better skater?

I'm guessing age also plays a part in trade value. Brown is a lot younger than Parros. I guess we could probably get a late pick for Parros if we felt like trading him.

CHGoalie27 03-06-2013 02:28 PM

Hes got monster size and he can play. Yes the kids DO feel safer with him around.

i say extend him, hes one of the best in his size class.

SoupyFIN 03-06-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harv3317 (Post 61094903)
we need multiple physical guys, over various lines.

Next season should be better. Bergy comes back, and DT should replace Smithson with someone else. Wouldn't mind giving Nokelainen a try if he comes cheap, he was pretty good with Montreal last year as their 4C. He hasn't played at all this season thou.

Benched 03-06-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 61097111)
I like yonkmans physicality, but im worried about his D especially based on rampage nates assessments, which are usually spot on.

I just think a guy like Parros, fourth line or not, is a waste of any spot that outputs offense. He has limited offensive ability and he's not really a great skater. He is what he is: an enforcer. I don't like enforcer types like him at any position except defense.

Laus723 03-06-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benched (Post 61107173)
I just think a guy like Parros, fourth line or not, is a waste of any spot that outputs offense. He has limited offensive ability and he's not really a great skater. He is what he is: an enforcer. I don't like enforcer types like him at any position except defense.

Lol, why? Then you lose a defenseman for 5 minutes and have to double shift guys. He's in the checking line, that's what that line is for, guys like him. Be nice if we could get a Neil or a McCarty, but those guys are hard to find. Even a Lucic, or a level headed one, would be great. Won't got with heavies, but likely the king of his weight class.

That said, my issue with Parros is that hes really not a very good fighter, he's just big. I've aid this for awhile now, but he's better than guys a class below him. Still surprised he lost to Erskine, but not terribly surprised. I just wish he'd chirp more and could throw his body more. Have I mentioned before that I miss Lausy? Lol

Benched 03-06-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 61107579)
Lol, why? Then you lose a defenseman for 5 minutes and have to double shift guys. He's in the checking line, that's what that line is for, guys like him. Be nice if we could get a Neil or a McCarty, but those guys are hard to find. Even a Lucic, or a level headed one, would be great. Won't got with heavies, but likely the king of his weight class.

That said, my issue with Parros is that hes really not a very good fighter, he's just big. I've aid this for awhile now, but he's better than guys a class below him. Still surprised he lost to Erskine, but not terribly surprised. I just wish he'd chirp more and could throw his body more. Have I mentioned before that I miss Lausy? Lol

Meh, yeah, I know he's in the checking line. It would just be nice if, at wing, he did something on offense. He doesn't. Never has and never will. And like you said, he doesn't fight well. He's just a big body. He's just a waste of space to me.

I dunno, I never really liked the guy.

Quote:

Agreed.

AaronEkbald 03-06-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Like who?