HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Proposal: Should Panthers claim Roman Hamrlik? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1367887)

RampageNate 03-05-2013 12:29 PM

Should Panthers claim Roman Hamrlik?

Hamrlik waived by the Caps today. Seems like a no-brainer for the Panthers to give him a shot.

UFA after this season and was pretty good last year. He's miles better than Yonkman.

HockeyRulez 03-05-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RampageNate (Post 61010585)
Hamrlik waived by the Caps today. Seems like a no-brainer for the Panthers to give him a shot.

UFA after this season and was pretty good last year. He's miles better than Yonkman.

I say nah.... No reason to reach for someone like Hamrlik, just give the people in SA a chance to play up here.... If we did pick him up off of waivers I wouldn't hate the move...

floridashawn 03-05-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyRulez (Post 61011011)
I say nah.... No reason to reach for someone like Hamrlik, just give the people in SA a chance to play up here.... If we did pick him up off of waivers I wouldn't hate the move...

There are no more D left in SA!! They better put in for him...

Mogo 03-05-2013 12:53 PM

OMG they would such a great tandem with Kuba for the tank!

In all seriousness. I can't see how we can't pick him up. UFA to be and were THIN on d

FlaPnthrsPunk 03-05-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogo (Post 61011989)
OMG they would such a great tandem with Kuba for the tank!

In all seriousness. I can't see how we can't pick him up. UFA to be and were THIN on d

:laugh: That's exactly what I was thinking. Him and Kuba together could go into the Tanking Hall of Fame.

HockeyRulez 03-05-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floridashawn (Post 61011509)
There are no more D left in SA!! They better put in for him...

Petrovic? :) lol ya we're pretty thin at D... Jovo and Caruso should be back soon...

billysbreakdown 03-05-2013 01:08 PM

Should the Panthers claim Roman Hamrlik?

No, they should absolutely not.

flapanthersfan 03-05-2013 02:02 PM

i dont think they'll claim him, but if he clears, i could see them trading santorelli for him (salary purposes)

Coolburn 03-05-2013 02:09 PM

Might sound dumb (and I wouldnt want to do it personally) but I could see it happening. With Weaver & Kulikov both out till after the trade deadline at least, we can use someone to fill the holes right now. They can demote Yonkman back to San Antonio and even if Jovo comes back, Robak would be here to spell him from time to time too. Hamrlik on the bottom pairing is at least as good as Yonkman right now so I can see Tallon doing this.

Ghoste 03-05-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flapanthersfan (Post 61016465)
i dont think they'll claim him, but if he clears, i could see them trading santorelli for him (salary purposes)

That's what I was thinking. I loved Santo that one year, but I'd rather watch Rheault or Timmins play now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 61016917)
Might sound dumb (and I wouldnt want to do it personally) but I could see it happening. With Weaver & Kulikov both out till after the trade deadline at least, we can use someone to fill the holes right now. They can demote Yonkman back to San Antonio and even if Jovo comes back, Robak would be here to spell him from time to time too. Hamrlik on the bottom pairing is at least as good as Yonkman right now so I can see Tallon doing this.

Besides, I think we should get him just for the sole reason that he stood up and spoke out during the lockout, haha.

-ghoste

Panthers Rock 03-05-2013 03:12 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if we did. We are super thin at D and the injuries are mounting. There is no real risk to such a move.

Benched 03-05-2013 03:13 PM

Eh. Why not? He's a UFA next year, we're thin at D, Yonkman sucks. Can't hurt for depth purposes.

Dr Beinfest 03-06-2013 11:47 PM

Considering inheriting his paycheck is a liability that this team's management probably can't handle, I'd rather take my chances without him.

billysbreakdown 03-07-2013 05:55 AM

Rangers picked him up.