HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Vol. 6 "Posters who should be GM" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1368337)

jumptheshark 03-05-2013 07:09 PM

Rumors and Proposals Vol. 6 "Posters who should be GM"
 
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...362063&page=34


last one hit 1001 posts

jmoss45 03-05-2013 07:56 PM

Have to wonder if the Rangers would do a deal around Boyle for Belanger.

The Rangers PK has been bad lately, and that's the one area Belanger excels in. That, and draws.

I'd probably also do Belanger+ Harski for Boyle if thats what it took.

Baggers 03-05-2013 08:01 PM

Sadly, Seth is looking like more and more of a reality (I don't think Columbus is taking him with their 1st pick)

jmoss45 03-05-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bangers (Post 61047153)
Sadly, Seth is looking like more and more of a reality (I don't think Columbus is taking him with their 1st pick)

If you saw/heard Tambo's interview with Gregor its abundantly clear they're not looking to improve for this year. So yes, I agree.. time to start debating which number Jones will wear.

2 Jones, 2 Schultzs. How fun will that be.

ohheyhemsky 03-05-2013 08:10 PM

RNH+Hall+Eberle


For


Steve Mason

7th round pick


Do it while we still can.

A Classy Banana 03-05-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmoss45 (Post 61048597)
If you saw/heard Tambo's interview with Gregor its abundantly clear they're not looking to improve for this year. So yes, I agree.. time to start debating which number Jones will wear.

2 Jones, 2 Schultzs. How fun will that be.

mind outlining what was said in the interview for me? this intrigues me.

jumptheshark 03-05-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky (Post 61048783)
RNH+Hall+Eberle


For


Steve Mason

7th round pick


Do it while we still can.

oilers need to add big time

nofool6110 03-05-2013 08:57 PM

Steve Tambellini

for

a bag of peanuts.

The bag of peanuts would probably need to add.

Grrr.

jmoss45 03-05-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Classy Banana (Post 61056803)
mind outlining what was said in the interview for me? this intrigues me.

The rest of the text is on oilers nation. First Gregor asks about functional toughness.. about getting a guy that can play 15 mins a night and in the top 9. Tambo dodges the question and instead talks about how Brown is an energy guy capable of killing penalties.

Quote:

Gregor: Have you looked at a trade? If you look at all the type of players you have in your top-nine they are essentially the same. If you could have a Mike Brown with the skill set of a legitimate top nine guy, would you look at adding that type of player?

Tambellini: If those types of players become available, I’m sure they’ll be of great value. If you can find the toughness and the ability to play in your top nine or top six great, but there are not a lot of those people around. But as far as scoring, the skill set of our core that makes up our top six right now, they’re young players that are extremely talented- we know that. There’s no hesitation of thought of them not being great players as they develop, but it’s hard. The league is hard to score in, you’ve got to go to hard areas every night and sometimes fatigue is an issue and sometimes it is just good players playing against other good players, trying to stop you. So it’s difficult.

But we know that eventually, Ryan and Jordan and them, they’ll get their goals, they’ll get their assists. We know that. We’re just trying to make sure that we work as hard as possible as a coaching staff and the way we use them, just to make sure that we can put them in the right spots, where they can take advantage of their skill. So there’s only so much as far as the level of top six people that maybe are available through a trade deadline like that, but those players are normally few and far between.

OilDrop37 03-05-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bangers (Post 61047153)
Sadly, Seth is looking like more and more of a reality (I don't think Columbus is taking him with their 1st pick)

I have no reason to believe that we'll finish ahead of Columbus

Rafters 03-05-2013 09:15 PM

Don't mind eager and brown as 2/3rds the 4th line if they get 6-8 mins a game....but we need to get something tougher then Belanger to go with them....Konopka maybe....

jmoss45 03-05-2013 09:15 PM

Time to look towards the deadline..
 
Who do we sell at the deadline?

I say Petrell, Whitney for sure.

Hemsky/Belanger for the right offer.

Time to get rid of Eager. He can't fight with all the concussions so what good is he? 2 hits in 6 minutes of ice time isn't good enough.

SeriousBusiness 03-05-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmoss45 (Post 61059913)
The rest of the text is on oilers nation. First Gregor asks about functional toughness.. about getting a guy that can play 15 mins a night and in the top 9. Tambo dodges the question and instead talks about how Brown is an energy guy capable of killing penalties.

I agree with Tambo on a couple of points, being that top 6 power forwards are not often available, and that Ebs and RNH will get their points in time.

Having said that, while we wait for that to happen, can Tambo please go about fixing the other holes? Can we get a new bottom pairing D please?

Sloth Slothersons* 03-05-2013 09:18 PM

Sloth for GM?

SeriousBusiness 03-05-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons (Post 61062653)
Sloth for GM?

Sure, Sloth will still make moves at a faster rate than Tambo. Let's give him a shot.

Petro Points 03-05-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmoss45 (Post 61062267)
Who do we sell at the deadline?

I say Petrell, Whitney for sure.

Hemsky/Belanger for the right offer.

Time to get rid of Eager. He can't fight with all the concussions so what good is he? 2 hits in 6 minutes of ice time isn't good enough.

Why PEtrell? Our best pker and a very good 4th liner... Eager gives you 2 hits in 6 mins and harti 2 in 2 games.. Eager is very good 4 th liner as well

GreatKeith 03-05-2013 09:27 PM

Maybe we can get Fraser back for smyth. Easily the worst forward on the team

Matt Ryan 03-05-2013 09:31 PM

Less skill guys...

misfit 03-05-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petro Points (Post 61063077)
Why PEtrell? Our best pker and a very good 4th liner... Eager gives you 2 hits in 6 mins and harti 2 in 2 games.. Eager is very good 4 th liner as well

Why not? How many 4th line wingers does one team need? Having just added another one with a contract that goes into next season, I don't see Petrell being re-signed.

RisingSun 03-05-2013 09:42 PM

This team needs a serious retooling. We need semiskilled grit on our top lines, but these players don't come cheap. I honestly have no idea how tambo is going to acquire such players with our trade bait of Hemsky etc. I'm starting to think, if we want to win now, or in the next couple of years, we need to make some BIG acquisitions, and the idea of trading the big 5 may become more possible. But I really hope that doesn't happen.

misfit 03-05-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeRadicals (Post 61065711)
This team needs a serious retooling. We need semiskilled grit on our top lines, but these players don't come cheap. I honestly have no idea how tambo is going to acquire such players with our trade bait of Hemsky etc. I'm starting to think, if we want to win now, or in the next couple of years, we need to make some BIG acquisitions, and the idea of trading the big 5 may become more possible.

I bet Umberger could be had for a song. 7 points in 23 games with a $4.6M cap hit for 4 more years after this one. He's been a consistent 20+ goal guy coming into this year, is 6'2", 220lbs and plays both LW and C.

He might be a guy worth taking a chance on, and I doubt he costs you Hemsky.

Soli 03-05-2013 09:50 PM

Marc Staal takes a puck to the eye tonight.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_as...ace_medium.gif

Whitney for Boyle please.

SeriousBusiness 03-05-2013 09:51 PM

I know Chris Stewart's name was mentioned in the other thread. I'd love to have him on the second line. He hasn't put up a ton of points, but if he's playing with guys like Gagner and Yak, maybe he doesn't need to? He can certainly bring some sandpaper to the top 6. He's an RFA at the end of this year.

That allows us to move Hemsky for whatever.

McRib 03-05-2013 09:52 PM

My only move at this juncture would be to fire Tambellini and make Lowe our Estonian scout.

Rafters 03-05-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soli (Post 61066617)
Marc Staal takes a puck to the eye tonight.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_as...ace_medium.gif

Whitney for Boyle please.

Ouch..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.