HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Pens situations (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1368589)

drizzydrew22* 03-05-2013 10:35 PM

Pens situations
 
which would be the better trade scenario for the pens to obtain there top 6 forward and top 4 defense situation in a whole package and what would they have to give up...

Alfredsson/Gonchar

Umberger/Johnson

Iginla/(blank)

Clowe/Murray

Perry/(blank)

Stryker Island 03-05-2013 10:37 PM

I was just talking about Iginla and Giordano to Pitt in another thread, but I'd guess it makes too much sense to ever happen.

BrookswasHere44 03-05-2013 10:38 PM

No to Alfie. No to Umberger. TK for Murray. 3rd or 4th for Serg. No to JJ. No to Iginla. How about TK for Clowe?

Perry.....just wont happen :/

So no packages for me unless it has Murray/Clowe somehow...TK for both :) hes reeeaaaallllyyy good i promise

Riptide 03-05-2013 11:37 PM

I'd look at the Ottawa one. However the concern with Gonch is that where do we fit him in? He's a very short term solution to our PPQB issue, but adds little else. And while I'd love Alfie to win a cup, and he could help the Pens, I can't imagine what Ottawa would want for him. And same issue... he's only a short term solution.

If the Pens are giving up assets for players, I'd really rather overpay slightly for someone under 30 who can help the team for the next 5+ years, then someone who might have 2-3 years left in the tank (Iggy).

JxStaalx11 03-06-2013 01:29 AM

wonder what it would take to get perry. he would be the best to get outta the bunch. i dont really want iggy. i

Honour Over Glory 03-06-2013 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzydrew22 (Post 61071443)
which would be the better trade scenario for the pens to obtain there top 6 forward and top 4 defense situation in a whole package and what would they have to give up...

Alfredsson/Gonchar

Umberger/Johnson

Iginla/(blank)

Clowe/Murray

Perry/(blank)

We have a winger thread in the Pens forum, why not just discuss it there.


Alfredsson is NEVER leaving the Sens, the fact that you even posted that should tell you, horrible idea for a thread.

Honour Over Glory 03-06-2013 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JxStaalx11 (Post 61083245)
wonder what it would take to get perry. he would be the best to get outta the bunch. i dont really want iggy. i

A top 5 team right now isn't going to give up Perry just yet, it makes no sense to trade a scoring threat like him when they are trying to win a cup this year. Unless it's for a guy that is going to be around for a few years and not a rental.

Penguins have nothing to give the Ducks that they are willing to part with and the Ducks are in win now mode. Calgary is what, 4pts out of a playoff spot? Unless they are clearly out of it by the deadline, they are likely hanging on to Iginla. Umberger's cap hit is too high for what he brings and yeah...thread is done.

OCPenguin 03-06-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzydrew22 (Post 61071443)
which would be the better trade scenario for the pens to obtain there top 6 forward and top 4 defense situation in a whole package and what would they have to give up...

Alfredsson/Gonchar

Umberger/Johnson

Iginla/(blank)

Clowe/Murray

Perry/(blank)

Stop it with Jack Johnson. He isn't a need. Defense doesn't improve with him. We don't need another PMD. They would want Despres plus and Despres is better than JJ right now IMO. JJ is the last thing Pittsburgh should want - a very overrated Dman.

I don't think we need Gonchar either. His use is on the power play and our's is ranked third.

Alfredsson isn't leaving Ottawa. Would love to have him, but ...

I don't want to give up the farm plus for two months of Corey Perry. He would bolt after the season, so that one is a pass.

Umberger for a second rounder wouldn't be bad acquisition. Columbus would need to take on some money.

Clowe and Murray could make some sense.

Shrimper 03-06-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzydrew22 (Post 61071443)
which would be the better trade scenario for the pens to obtain there top 6 forward and top 4 defense situation in a whole package and what would they have to give up...

Alfredsson/Gonchar

Umberger/Johnson

Iginla/(blank)

Clowe/Murray

Perry/(blank)

Alfredsson will never leave the Senators especially with their current injuries, it'd be like shooting their playoff chances in the face even if he's not their top scorer.

We have no need for Johnson and the cost would probably we be too high for us to get him as they'd want something decent in return that I don't think we'd be prepared to give. Iginla and whoever goes with him would cost a fair price but I'd think he'd be the best choice and more realistic. Perry would cost a bit and there's no indication that he won't resign yet so I think most people will wait till the deadline at the earliest on him.

internetdotcom 03-06-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookswasHere44 (Post 61071731)
No to Alfie. No to Umberger. TK for Murray. 3rd or 4th for Serg. No to JJ. No to Iginla. How about TK for Clowe?

Perry.....just wont happen :/

So no packages for me unless it has Murray/Clowe somehow...TK for both :) hes reeeaaaallllyyy good i promise

Not to worry, the Sens are not trading Alfie to Pittsburgh. Why would we trade the best and most beloved player in modern history to help out the team that realistically ended our season (and quite possibly Alfie's chance to win a Cup with Ottawa) by that *(&$#(*& Matt Cooke slicing and dicing our Norris trophy defenceman's achilles? Not gonna happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory (Post 61085181)
Alfredsson is NEVER leaving the Sens, the fact that you even posted that should tell you, horrible idea for a thread.

While it is unlikely that Alfie will ask to move (because we are in the playoff race despite all the injuries, and he has said before that although he wants to win a Cup, it doesn't mean much if its not with Ottawa), he may change his mind. He calls his shot. If he says he wants to go to a contender, and only gives us one team, then he goes to that team. This organization has always been pretty classy like that, like how they took less to trade Mike Fisher where he wanted to go.

SoupNazi 03-06-2013 01:20 PM

Iginla looks like the only realistic option there.

66-30-33 03-06-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCPenguin (Post 61085919)
Stop it with Jack Johnson. He isn't a need. Defense doesn't improve with him. We don't need another PMD. They would want Despres plus and Despres is better than JJ right now IMO. JJ is the last thing Pittsburgh should want - a very overrated Dman.

I don't think we need Gonchar either. His use is on the power play and our's is ranked third.

Alfredsson isn't leaving Ottawa. Would love to have him, but ...

I don't want to give up the farm plus for two months of Corey Perry. He would bolt after the season, so that one is a pass.

Umberger for a second rounder wouldn't be bad acquisition. Columbus would need to take on some money.

Clowe and Murray could make some sense.

Give me Umberger with Jackets eating 2M (wishfull thinking, i know), then target Iginla. Then try finding a way to keep Iginla past this summer for atleast 2 years.

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Umberger-Malkin-Neal
BB-Sutter-Dupuis

Sick top 9.

ObsessedCreative* 03-06-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzydrew22 (Post 61071443)
which would be the better trade scenario for the pens to obtain there top 6 forward and top 4 defense situation in a whole package and what would they have to give up...

Alfredsson/Gonchar

Umberger/Johnson

Iginla/(blank)

Clowe/Murray

Perry/(blank)

This is the only one that makes real sense for now AND the future.

I am hoping Shero can work his magic and make it happen! *fingers crossed*

OCPenguin 03-06-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative (Post 61118569)
This is the only one that makes real sense for now AND the future.

I am hoping Shero can work his magic and make it happen! *fingers crossed*

It makes sense ONLY if you are 100% sure he resigns in Pittsburgh. Nothing like giving up the farm plus for a rental that could easily bolt at the end of the year. I trust him less than Iggy. Perry is an easy pass for me. He certainly doesn't make sense for the future if he bolts. He would actually screw the future.

Flamester 03-06-2013 06:33 PM

iginla and giordano to the pens. but it would take a 1st and 2 good prospects for that to happen.

OCPenguin 03-06-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamester (Post 61120055)
iginla and giordano to the pens. but it would take a 1st and 2 good prospects for that to happen.

We don't need Giordano. He has a lousy cap hit of 4.02 million for the next three years.

Flamester 03-06-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCPenguin (Post 61120851)
We don't need Giordano. He has a lousy cap hit of 4.02 million for the next three years.

ok then will give u guys the anton.

Ugene Malkin 03-06-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamester (Post 61120055)
iginla and giordano to the pens. but it would take a 1st and 2 good prospects for that to happen.

Also would have to consider that the Pens would need to clear two roster spots.

ObsessedCreative* 03-06-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCPenguin (Post 61119727)
It makes sense ONLY if you are 100% sure he resigns in Pittsburgh. Nothing like giving up the farm plus for a rental that could easily bolt at the end of the year. I trust him less than Iggy. Perry is an easy pass for me. He certainly doesn't make sense for the future if he bolts. He would actually screw the future.

uhhh yeah no ****... did you read my post? "now and the future" meaning if he signs an extension.

OCPenguin 03-06-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative (Post 61125535)
uhhh yeah no ****... did you read my post? "now and the future" meaning if he signs an extension.

Yes and you didn't mention anything about resigning. Maybe you should re-read your post.

ObsessedCreative* 03-06-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCPenguin (Post 61126589)
Yes and you didn't mention anything about resigning. Maybe you should re-read your post.

So sorry for not spelling out something that is so blatantly obvious... :shakehead

SEALBound 03-06-2013 09:30 PM

Clowe+Murray please! Then Setoguchi too!

Kunitz-Crosby-Setoguchi
Clowe-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis

That top 9 works.

Setoguchi+2nd for Niskanen

Clowe+Murray for TK+2nd+Dumoulin

drizzydrew22* 03-06-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEALBound (Post 61135155)
Clowe+Murray please! Then Setoguchi too!

Kunitz-Crosby-Setoguchi
Clowe-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis

That top 9 works.

Setoguchi+2nd for Niskanen

Clowe+Murray for TK+2nd+Dumoulin

that actually looks good considering malkin needs that other big bodied winger like clowe considering hes kinda like malone when he played with geno and they lit it up and a big body to put in front of the net and murray can be the brick wall in front of fluery to push guys over, the seto situation i guess could work for a rental considering theres not to many options left so i agree 110% this should happen

JayP812 03-07-2013 12:15 AM

:pens
Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray

:sharks
Brian Dumoulin
2013 PIT 1st

Pittsburgh get a gritty winger and a hard-hitting, shot blocking D-man. Sharks start building for the future.

Killswitch7187 03-07-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayP812 (Post 61145615)
:pens
Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray

:sharks
Brian Dumoulin
2013 PIT 1st

Pittsburgh get a gritty winger and a hard-hitting, shot blocking D-man. Sharks start building for the future.

I have to decline here. It's not that it's a bad proposal per se, but Douglas Murray is definitely the last guy we should be trying to deal for, even if we need a crease-clearing defenseman. We have plenty of guys to fill the 5/6 role. So if we're trading for a defenseman, it's for a top-4 guy.

So with that said, I don't want to be trading away two assets for a deal involving a guy we don't need. I could definitely bite on trading for Clowe. 1st is steep, but that's probably what it would take to acquire him, even with his struggles this year.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.