HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Tor- wsh (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1368895)

Mellor683 03-06-2013 10:29 AM

Tor- wsh

Tor

Kessel
Gardiner
Grabo

WSH

Backstrom
Alzner

Halpysback* 03-06-2013 10:31 AM

Doesn't get Backstrom alone.

Liferleafer 03-06-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 61091175)

Thank God....cause i wouldn't do that deal at all.

Halpysback* 03-06-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liferleafer (Post 61091223)
Thank God....cause i wouldn't do that deal at all.

Glad we're on the same page then.

Liferleafer 03-06-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 61091285)
Glad we're on the same page then.

Agreed.

IBLEAF 03-06-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Kush much????:shakehead

Zoidberg Jesus 03-06-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Not sure about that, but the Caps say no regardless.

Poochie the Dog 03-06-2013 11:05 AM

Toronto says no easily.

Carlzner 03-06-2013 11:06 AM

Our best defenseman and our #1A Center?
Both aren't being traded, especially for a package like that...

AlexBrovechkin8 03-06-2013 11:55 AM

Nothing to see here, move along.

Capathetic 03-06-2013 12:11 PM

I think we're going to see great two way center play for a long time in Washington.

Kessel is a free agent soon and the caps are loaded with young d.

mohare 03-06-2013 12:26 PM

Honestly who writes these proposals. We all know fair value for Backstrom would be Bozak, MacArthur and a 2nd round pick.

fedfed 03-06-2013 12:32 PM

Easy no from the Caps. Backstrom and Kessel is a bad basis because Backstrom is locked up and Kessel is soom to be UFA. And Alzner >>> Gardiner.

Mystifo 03-06-2013 12:51 PM

Funny I just read this on a leafs board. Then I come here and BOOM someone posted it. I salute you sir for being on the ball.

Hotlanta 03-06-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

You could argue Gardiner and Grabo are almost fair value for Alzner, leaving Kessel for Backstrom. I think Washington passes, and so does Toronto because of how major of a trade this is. I still think Toronto and Washington are playoff teams, although WSH start may come back to bite them.

This trade easily makes Toronto a better team having Alzner with Phaneuf and Backstrom centering anyone.

But Washington gets some redundancies in Gardiner/Carlson, Grabo/Ribero, and Kessel/Ovi

Pierce Hawthorne 03-06-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotlanta (Post 61102199)
You could argue Gardiner and Grabo are almost fair value for Alzner, leaving Kessel for Backstrom. I think Washington passes, and so does Toronto because of how major of a trade this is. I still think Toronto and Washington are playoff teams, although WSH start may come back to bite them.

This trade easily makes Toronto a better team having Alzner with Phaneuf and Backstrom centering anyone.

But Washington gets some redundancies in Gardiner/Carlson, Grabo/Ribero, and Kessel/Ovi

:facepalm:

No, no you cant.

Hotlanta 03-06-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avsare1 (Post 61102357)
:facepalm:

No, no you cant.

I think his value in picks would be a 1st, 2nd, and another 2nd. I think Gardiner is easily worth a 1st and Grabo a 2nd+. Therefore the value is almost there, just a pick or prospect away.

Like I said, Washington does not do it, no need for these two players with Carlson and Ribero, they would just have to turn around and look for a new Alzner.

EDIT: Value and Asking price can be two very different things

Pierce Hawthorne 03-06-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotlanta (Post 61102747)
I think his value in picks would be a 1st, 2nd, and another 2nd. I think Gardiner is easily worth a 1st and Grabo a 2nd+. Therefore the value is almost there, just a pick or prospect away.

Like I said, Washington does not do it, no need for these two players with Carlson and Ribero, they would just have to turn around and look for a new Alzner.

EDIT: Value and Asking price can be two very different things

Wow, please tell me that's not how you look at value....

My god, is this the logic Leafs fans take? Alzner is one of the best Defensive Dmen in the game, and he's still very young with untapped potential. Alzner now is what Gardiner can only hope to become.

Koized 03-06-2013 02:11 PM

Terrible offer. Caps laugh at it.

txpd 03-06-2013 02:16 PM

there is not a single nhl team that if they had karl alzner would trade him. period. he is already one of the best defensive d in the league. he is one of the brightest and most well behaved young men in the league and his highly respected. while he has never had more than 30 pim's as an nhl player in a season he also squared off with milan lucic and ended the scrap now famously calling lucic a crybaby. that he got away with that shows the level of respect he has earned in the league.

i would venture that alzner is a capital for life. plays his career with the capitals and then remains as a coach.

Hotlanta 03-06-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avsare1 (Post 61102977)

My god, is this the logic Leafs fans take? Alzner is one of the best Defensive Dmen in the game, and he's still very young with untapped potential. Alzner now is what Gardiner can only hope to become.

Everyone has their own ways of looking at value, which is pretty clear by a number of the trade proposals you see on HFB.

I am aware of how good Alzner is, I would also say there is 0% chance he has untapped potential, he will only get better at what he does, but has always projected to be what he is. He will get better at his defensive game, but he will never find a mean streak or offensive abilities (he is great at first passes though).

That being said. What would you rate his value at, not his asking price?

I would think Grabo, Gardiner & Finn/Percy.

EDIT: May have underrated his mean streak.

Canadian Jesus 03-06-2013 02:42 PM

Both GMs laugh and hang up.

Horrible proposal

Halpysback* 03-06-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Jesus (Post 61105165)
Both GMs laugh and hang up.

Horrible proposal

Nonis takes it in a nanosecond.

A 1C with great all around abilities and a mobile top pairing DFD they need so badly... are you kidding? The Leafs come out way way ahead.

Pierce Hawthorne 03-06-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotlanta (Post 61104087)
Everyone has their own ways of looking at value, which is pretty clear by a number of the trade proposals you see on HFB.

I am aware of how good Alzner is, I would also say there is 0% chance he has untapped potential, he will only get better at what he does, but has always projected to be what he is. He will get better at his defensive game, but he will never find a mean streak or offensive abilities (he is great at first passes though).

That being said. What would you rate his value at, not his asking price?

I would think Grabo, Gardiner & Finn/Percy.

EDIT: May have underrated his mean streak.

Nothing on the Leafs roster would get the Caps to trade Alzner. Especially the quantity stuff your offering. Finn/Percy have little to no value. Grabo doesn't have much, he's overpaid and severely underperforming. Gardiner is a nice piece, but again he only hopes to be the Dman Alzner already is.

No reason for the Caps to move him for your package. And theres no reason for them to move Alzner for anything at all from the Leafs.

thinkinfeller 03-06-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avsare1 (Post 61102977)

Yes that is correct. When we are rounded up in the streets at 14 and taken to the secret Toronto Maple Leafs Fan College, this is one of the first things they teach us. You may want to come down off that high horse your on.... it seems the air is a little thin up there.