HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Vancouver-Toronto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1369225)

geebaan 03-06-2013 03:51 PM

Vancouver-Toronto
 
I was watching this piece on tv about how the leafs might trade Bozak, as they already have Grabovski for 5.5mill a year, and Bozak could ask for as much as 4-4.5, something they wouldn't want to pay. Canucks could really use this guy from a face-off/scoring perspective, and could be a great rental.

Schroeder
Kevin Connaughton
2nd Round Pick

for

Tyler Bozak

too little? toom much? what y'all think

DougGilmour93 03-06-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geebaan (Post 61112115)
I was watching this piece on tv about how the leafs might trade Bozak, as they already have Grabovski for 5.5mill a year, and Bozak could ask for as much as 4-4.5, something they wouldn't want to pay. Canucks could really use this guy from a face-off/scoring perspective, and could be a great rental.

Schroeder
Kevin Connaughton
2nd Round Pick

for

Tyler Bozak

too little? toom much? what y'all think

No sense getting all those assets involved. Just send us a 1st and be done with it.

Cogburn 03-06-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geebaan (Post 61112115)
I was watching this piece on tv about how the leafs might trade Bozak, as they already have Grabovski for 5.5mill a year, and Bozak could ask for as much as 4-4.5, something they wouldn't want to pay. Canucks could really use this guy from a face-off/scoring perspective, and could be a great rental.

Schroeder
Kevin Connaughton
2nd Round Pick

for

Tyler Bozak

too little? toom much? what y'all think

Schroeder's working fine thank you. And our top D prospect and a second for Bozak, who is UFA this off season? Huge pass thank you.

LPH 03-06-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 (Post 61112213)
No sense getting all those assets involved. Just send us a 1st and be done with it.

Bozak is not worth a first, he would need to be good defensively to even be effective on our team. A #3 Centre who cant play defense? No thanks

he's worth way more to the leafs than the canucks

GordieHoweHatTrick 03-06-2013 03:57 PM

Too much for Bozak. Leafs won't trade him though because he's carved a niche out as Kessel's linemate

Drew311 03-06-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by live playoff hockey (Post 61112361)
Bozak is not worth a first, he would need to be good defensively to even be effective on our team. A #3 Centre who cant play defense? No thanks

he's worth way more to the leafs than the canucks

How is he bad defensively?

roach9 03-06-2013 04:07 PM

People are getting exceptionally good at trolling around these parts. Hopefully y'all realize trolls when you see them.

Todds Chiropractory 03-06-2013 04:09 PM

Wouldn't move Schroeder one for one

Cogburn 03-06-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roach9 (Post 61112889)
People are getting exceptionally good at trolling around these parts. Hopefully y'all realize trolls when you see them.

Yes, but many that deliberately troll convince others that they are not, and then we end up with someone saying Bozak is worth that much to the Canucks, or vice versa.

blueNwhite89 03-06-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by live playoff hockey (Post 61112361)
Bozak is not worth a first, he would need to be good defensively to even be effective on our team. A #3 Centre who cant play defense? No thanks

he's worth way more to the leafs than the canucks

what is it that makes you say he's bad defensively?

blankall 03-06-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geebaan (Post 61112115)
I was watching this piece on tv about how the leafs might trade Bozak, as they already have Grabovski for 5.5mill a year, and Bozak could ask for as much as 4-4.5, something they wouldn't want to pay. Canucks could really use this guy from a face-off/scoring perspective, and could be a great rental.

Schroeder
Kevin Connaughton
2nd Round Pick

for

Tyler Bozak

too little? toom much? what y'all think

Way too much from Vancouver.

Bozak is not having the greatest year and is an upcomming UFA. You'll get a 2nd at most. Rental players like Bozak do not go for 1sts.

Sonny21 03-06-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blankall (Post 61113543)
Way too much from Vancouver.

Bozak is not having the greatest year and is an upcomming UFA. You'll get a 2nd at most. Rental players like Bozak do not go for 1sts.

Do you watch every leaf game? In what assessment was it that you came to the conclusion his not having the greatest year when he has become elite face off guy (3rd in NHL) and having as good year as well.

You're right though, only juggernauts like Gaustad are worth a 1st :shakehead He will MOST definitely fetch a 1st if he were to be traded (22+ 1st)

Vankiller Whale 03-06-2013 04:32 PM

I don't think adding Bozak is worth giving up Schroeder or a 1st. A 2nd + B prospect is the most I'd want to give up.

BlueBaron 03-06-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLblue75 (Post 61113343)
what is it that makes you say he's bad defensively?

Basically having no idea what he is talking about.

This is an odd proposal, we need Bozak for the playoffs if we make it. Stop thinking like a rebuilding team. Also there is no way in hell Bozak will get much more than 2.5 Mil unless it's from a desperate bottom feeder.

Also it's generally a bad idea to make trade proposals with Vancouver because all they generall have for us is snide insults.

Cogburn 03-06-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonny21 (Post 61113751)
Do you watch every leaf game? In what assessment was it that you came to the conclusion his not having the greatest year when he has become elite face off guy (3rd in NHL) and having as good year as well.

You're right though, only juggernauts like Gaustad are worth a 1st :shakehead He will MOST definitely fetch a 1st if he were to be traded (22+ 1st)

Welcome to 2013, where Poni and Gagne got 4th. Bozak isn't that much more valuable to us then either player. Value is what the market will pay, we won't pay a 1st for Bozak, so the value of Bozak to Vancouver is less then a first. If there are other teams willing to pay that, swell, but we're not one of them.

Cogburn 03-06-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBaron (Post 61114897)
Basically having no idea what he is talking about.

This is an odd proposal, we need Bozak for the playoffs if we make it. Stop thinking like a rebuilding team. Also there is no way in hell Bozak will get much more than 2.5 Mil unless it's from a desperate bottom feeder.

Also it's generally a bad idea to make trade proposals with Vancouver because all they generall have for us is snide insults.

And a prospect we drafted in the first round that we've taken 3 years developping and is now finally impacting our roster for a player that was a throw in for a Luongo deal, whom we didn't really care for as a fan base anyway, is...damn fine programming?

It's a bad idea to make crap proposals with Vancouver. Where is the reasoning for Vancouver to make this deal? We're getting called out for not watching a player one of your fans is trying to sell us, but the same guy couldn't even be bother to properly spell the name of the guys he's asking for.

Hennig 03-06-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLblue75 (Post 61113343)
what is it that makes you say he's bad defensively?

What you don't know? Everyone on the leafs is bad defensively. Even our goalies suck at defense.

showtime8 03-06-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 (Post 61112977)
Wouldn't move Schroeder one for one

Why not?

Bozak is better in a lot of aspects of the game and the reason that the Canucks are looking for depth at centre is because they don't trust Schroeder going forward this season.

Ricky Bobby 03-06-2013 05:11 PM

If Bozak hasn't signed with the Leafs by the trade deadline and a 1st was offered I'd trade Bozak in a heartbeat.

Acquiring a 1st would give the Leafs a great asset to put towards acquiring a top end D or top end center in the off-season.

Toronto even if they make the playoffs isn't a legitimate cup contender with or without Bozak.

Cogburn 03-06-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showtime8 (Post 61115435)
Why not?

Bozak is better in a lot of aspects of the game and the reason that the Canucks are looking for depth at centre is because they don't trust Schroeder going forward this season.



Umm...say what? Why wouldn't we trust him at center? It sucks he's on the 4th line at present, but AV didn't trust him, how is he getting PP time with the Sedins? AV isn't afraid to scratch a player, age or rookie status be darned, if his play isn't what he's looking for, and it usually starts with PP time being taken away.

He's not up rooting Hank, Kesler played 7 games as 2C, Ebbett we dumped for Schroeder, Raymond (for now) is playing very well at C, and Lapierre finally seems to want to be out of the doghouse as our shutdown center. Bozak might be better at present, but not enough to make up for the bright shiny future Schroeder seems to have with the Canucks.

Cloudedthought 03-06-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBaron (Post 61114897)
Basically having no idea what he is talking about.

This is an odd proposal, we need Bozak for the playoffs if we make it. Stop thinking like a rebuilding team. Also there is no way in hell Bozak will get much more than 2.5 Mil unless it's from a desperate bottom feeder.

Also it's generally a bad idea to make trade proposals with Vancouver because all they generall have for us is snide insults.

I guess we are not pumping your tires enough?

Sonny21 03-06-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cogburn (Post 61114993)
Welcome to 2013, where Poni and Gagne got 4th. Bozak isn't that much more valuable to us then either player. Value is what the market will pay, we won't pay a 1st for Bozak, so the value of Bozak to Vancouver is less then a first. If there are other teams willing to pay that, swell, but we're not one of them.

Those players aren't even close to the production or as valuable as Bozak is. There's a reason Brown fetched the same return as those players.

I don't really care if Vancouver would pay a 1st as I highly doubt we'd trade Bozak but he will fetch us a 1st if he were to be traded. It's one thing to say WE WON"T trade a 1st but another to assume Bozak value isn't that of 1st or that he won't fetch one from another team.

snizzbone 03-06-2013 05:31 PM

Vancouver wishes they had Bozak right about now.

Flair Hay 03-06-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLblue75 (Post 61113343)
what is it that makes you say he's bad defensively?

He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Cloudedthought 03-06-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flowzie (Post 61116387)
Vancouver wishes they had Bozak right about now.

I cant disagree...

But I also think both teams can find better fits. For Vancouver we would have to overpay for a piece we could get some where cheaper and more seasoned,with playoff experience.
Maple leafs could get some picks or prospects which Vancouver lacks both of.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.