HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   GDT: Carolina Hurricanes Vs Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1369505)

WhiteTrashAmerican 03-06-2013 09:53 PM

Carolina Hurricanes Vs Montreal Canadiens

Hurricanes VS CanadiAns

I had something all nice planned out but the Habs decided to get rid of their lazy, overpaid locker room cancer.(Unlike the Hurricanes who still have Semin) INSTEAD YOU GET THIS

Thursday, March 7th
7:00
PNC ARENA

Erik Coles Popularity In Montreal

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/v...ave/graph1.jpg

LINEUPS

Tlusty-EStaal-Semin
INSERT PLUGS

VS:

Prust - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder
Armstrong - White - Moen

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Bouillon - Kaberle

Key Players

Jeff Skinner

http://www.habstalkradio.com/wp-cont...oke_jersey.jpg

Injuries

-Amaxing Joni Jokel. Injury undisclosed, likely wandering around PNC arena drug addled and wishing he was in a lower pressure market.(I.E. Florida Everblades)

Notes:
-Erik Kole was an overpaid bum
-Jeff Skinner is a whiny, overrated, diver... Until he is traded to Montreal, where he will become a top 3 winger.

HisIceness 03-06-2013 10:06 PM

Never gets old.

garnetpalmetto 03-06-2013 11:53 PM

Anybody know if there was ever a police report filed in Montreal for that barbaric act of thuggery committed by Justin Williams when he dug out St. Saku's eye and then proceeded to slap it into the Hurricanes bench? I mean, clearly if Zdeno Chara concussing MaxPac warrants a police investigation, then surely J. Willie's stickwork HAS to be just as bad, if not worse.

Novacane 03-06-2013 11:54 PM

Number of wins in a row after this game:

WWWWW

Roboturner913 03-07-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto (Post 61144885)
Anybody know if there was ever a police report filed in Montreal for that barbaric act of thuggery committed by Justin Williams when he dug out St. Saku's eye and then proceeded to slap it into the Hurricanes bench? I mean, clearly if Zdeno Chara concussing MaxPac warrants a police investigation, then surely J. Willie's stickwork HAS to be just as bad, if not worse.

This would make for another epic hilarious here's your goddamned police report edition. :naughty:

garnetpalmetto 03-07-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roboturner913 (Post 61145471)
This would make for another epic hilarious here's your goddamned police report edition. :naughty:

The million dollar question is how many classless Subbans one would get for said updated edition. :laugh:

Carolinas Identity 03-07-2013 01:54 AM

We must win, the Habs ruined my Star Trek GDT and that is unforgiveable.

NorthStar4Canes 03-07-2013 03:29 AM

Speaking of Skinner, I don't see him as being a key player and not expecting much. He's become overly selfish with the puck and being shut down regularly because he's obviously blinded by jealousy of Semin and all the attention he's getting. Semin, who doesn't even have a fancypants signature skating move or new mullet, let alone a dedicated gaggle of puck bunnies. Even Tlusty is starting to horn in on his action by being on a line people are trying to coin a term for, whereas Skins has lost his Finns and nothing rhymes with Gronk. He'd just barely settled into his role as the team's phenom when along comes a guy with an unfortunate last name and another who's few can and pronounce to nudge him out of the limelight. The gushing is focused elsewhere. That's gotta burn.

garnetpalmetto 03-07-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthStar4Canes (Post 61148913)
Speaking of Skinner, I don't see him as being a key player and not expecting much. He's become overly selfish with the puck and being shut down regularly because he's obviously blinded by jealousy of Semin and all the attention he's getting. Semin, who doesn't even have a fancypants signature skating move or new mullet, let alone a dedicated gaggle of puck bunnies. Even Tlusty is starting to horn in on his action by being on a line people are trying to coin a term for, whereas Skins has lost his Finns and nothing rhymes with Gronk. He'd just barely settled into his role as the team's phenom when along comes a guy with an unfortunate last name and another who's few can and pronounce to nudge him out of the limelight. The gushing is focused elsewhere. That's gotta burn.

Given Skinner's concussion history - Bonk, Gronk, and Plonk (ie whomever Muller chooses to plonk down into the RW slot there...Chad, Dwyer, Wallace, etc):sarcasm:

Or just shorten it down to Bonked Conk and Gronk

semin4captain 03-07-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthStar4Canes (Post 61148913)

Indeed, this is very concerning. Let's hope Skinner doesn't go the Eric route by electing to hire someone to take out Semin.

I think JR should just go ahead and trade Skinner to prevent the inevitable locker room division that will occur due to his fierce jealousy.

Guy 03-07-2013 07:14 AM

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/kurt6796/L.gif

Lethargic 03-07-2013 07:25 AM

I will be we happy if we score a goal.

tarheelhockey 03-07-2013 07:43 AM

http://sports-memes.com/wp-content/u...58141998_n.jpg

bb99 03-07-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto (Post 61144885)

:handclap: Saku's blood is on the 30 goal sword of Williams.

Oh...

5-1 loss if Pete-dawg goes.

5-1 loss if Ellis goes.

Roboturner913 03-07-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelhockey (Post 61151233)

lololol

Coldplay 03-07-2013 08:38 AM

Can anyone tell me who kidnapped Joni Pitkanen?

Roboturner913 03-07-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldplay (Post 61152673)
Can anyone tell me who kidnapped Joni Pitkanen?

He is out with a knee/leg thing but apparently has been astral projecting into Bobby Sanguinetti's body the last few games. So we got that goin' for us, which is nice.

Coldplay 03-07-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roboturner913 (Post 61152731)
He is out with a knee/leg thing but apparently has been astral projecting into Bobby Sanguinetti's body the last few games. So we got that goin' for us, which is nice.

So you're saying I should sucker someone into taking Joni while I pick up Bobby for my fantasy team? :sarcasm:

Seriously though, no word on how long he's out? Pretty frustrating for you guys this season.

caniac315 03-07-2013 08:46 AM

Does anyone know what channel SportSouth is on TWC Raleigh?

geehaad 03-07-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldplay (Post 61152827)
Seriously though, no word on how long he's out?

Nope. He came back for one game and lasted a period. Some are speculating knee, but I'm going with groin.

Roboturner913 03-07-2013 08:51 AM

I could be dead wrong on this, but I get the feeling the coaches are so happy with the way all the d-men are playing right now that they don't feel the need to rush Joni back.

It is frustrating though. He is such a good player when healthy.

tarheelhockey 03-07-2013 08:53 AM

I heard through the grapevine that he's a "maybe" for the New Jersey game on Saturday. Not sure how accurate that might be.

caniac315 03-07-2013 08:56 AM

Appears Price had a bit of a meltdown in practice yesterday at PNC Arena, hitting his stick against the goalpost, etc. He's not been playing his best in net lately, so hoping we can add to his uneasiness tonight with a win.

Roboturner913 03-07-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caniac315 (Post 61153277)
Appears Price had a bit of a meltdown in practice yesterday at PNC Arena, hitting his stick against the goalpost, etc. He's not been playing his best in net lately, so hoping we can add to his uneasiness tonight with a win.

The way the Canes have been coming out with goals in the first two minutes of games lately, a good start might be all they need....if he is really that much out of sync.

Jagee44 03-07-2013 09:08 AM

A win would be huge tonight. That being said, 4-3 OT loss.