HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   GDT: 3/7/13 "Youth Is Served" - Panthers VS Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1369549)

Panthers Rock 03-06-2013 10:41 PM

3/7/13 "Youth Is Served" - Panthers VS Capitals

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps9dd5dc36.jpg
Tonight Your Defending Southeast Division Champion Florida Panthers take on the Washington Capitals! Game time at 7:00 EST live from Verizon Center!

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/b...center_opt.jpg

Wild And Young

TV: Live on FSFlorida and Center Ice/Gamecenter.
Internet/Radio: Listen Live on NHL Gamecenter

:panthers

VS

:caps

Standings
Florida:
Conference Position Wins Losses OTL/SOL Total Points
15th7115 19

Washington:
Conference Position Wins Losses OTL/SOL Total Points
14th911119

Injuries
Washington:
Player Date Of Incident Status Injury
Brooks Laich 2013-01-13 on injured reserve strained groin
Dmitry Orlov 2013-01-20 on injured reserve and will miss at least 1-2 months upper body
Jack Hillen 2013-01-20 on injured reserve and is expected to miss 2-3 months upper body
Marcus Johansson 2013-02-07 on injured reserve upper body
Mike Green 2013-02-28 on injured reserve strained groin
Troy Brouwer 2013-03-06 questionable for Thursday's game against Florida illness

Florida:
Player Date Of Incident Status Injury
Michael Caruso 2013-01-23 on injured reserve and is out indefinitely broken wrist
Ed Jovanovski 2013-01-30 on injured reserve knee
Kris Versteeg 2013-02-13 on injured reserve chest
Mike Weaver 2013-03-01 on injured reserve and is expected to miss 4-5 weeks lower body
Scottie Upshall 2013-03-03 on injured reserve lower body
Jose Theodore 2013-03-03 on injured reserve and is expected to miss 5-6 weeks torn right groin
Dmitry Kulikov 2013-03-03 on injured reserve and is expected to miss 3-4 weeks sprained right wrist
Stephen Weiss 2013-03-04 on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the season to undergo wrist surgery
Sean Bergenheim 2013-03-06 undisclosed undisclosed

Line Combinations (Subject To Change)
Washington:
LW C RW
Matt HendricksMike RibeiroAlex Ovechkin
Eric FehrNicklas BackstromTroy Brouwer
Jason ChimeraMathieu PerreaultJoel Ward
Aaron VolpattiJay BeagleJoey Crabb

LDRD
Karl AlznerTomas Kundratek
John ErskineJohn Carlson
Steven OleksyTom Poti

Florida:
LW C RW
Tomas FleischmannMarcel GocTomas Kopecky
Jonathan HuberdeauDrew ShorePeter Mueller
Jack SkilleShawn MatthiasJonathan Rheault
Mike SantorelliJerred SmithsonGeorge Parros

LDRD
Brian CampbellTyson Strachan
Erik GudbransonFilip Kuba
Colby RobakNolan Yonkman

Expected Starting Goaltenders (Subject To Change)
Washington: http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/6735.gif
Braden Holtby
GP W L OTL GAA SV% SO
158703.00 .9073

VS.

Florida: http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/6806.gif
Jacob Markstrom
GP W L OTL GAA SV% SO
3120 2.36 .9310

Team Leaders
Washington:
W Braden Holtby 8
L Braden Holtby 7
GAA Braden Holtby 3.00
G Troy Brouwer 9
A Nicklas Backstrom 17
+/- Joel Ward 9
PIM Matt Hendricks 44

Florida:
W Jose Theodore 4
L Jose Theodore 6
GAA Jacob Markstrom 2.36
G Jonathan Huberdeau 11
A Tomas Fleischmann 12
+/- Drew Shore 1
PIM George Parros 29

Special Teams
Washington:
PP%PP RankPK%PK Rank
24.7%4th76.2%27th

Florida:
PP%PP RankPK%PK Rank
19.5%11th75.0%29th

News And Notes
Quote:

"Every single guy in this lineup worked as hard as they could and it showed pretty much the whole game," forward Shawn Matthias told the Panthers' official website. "We worked the corners and battled for pucks and that's how we're going to be successful here. It felt good winning and we have to keep this going now."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/fla
George Richards' Blog of the Miami Herald:Your Source For Reliable, Early Panthers Info!

Primary Target
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hxBuvxzvvV...s1600/nope.jpg
Nicklas Backstrom can make 15 shots in 15 seconds. You can save 15% or more on car insurance by switching to Geico. Nicklas Backstrom uses Geico. Do you? If you don't, that's why you can't make 15 shots in 15 seconds. (NOTE: All goals into empty net, something he won't have a shot at tonight...)

Red Hot Cat Of The Night
http://www.hockeyfanland.com/photos/...0Huberdeau.jpg
Jonathan Huberdeau, who leads the team with 11 goals and all rookies, has 3 points in his last 2 games, including another successful penalty shot goal.

Last Game VS. Capitals

Last Game Played

Tonight...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...s_panthers.jpg
LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!
:yo::wave::fight::hit:

PantherboyHTR 03-06-2013 10:54 PM

Brouwer says he plans to play against the Panthers.

I expect another strong effort by the Panthers. Washington has been a house of horrors for us lately, it would nice to see a hard earned W today.

I have to work, so I will be listening on the internet, and taping the game at home. The player I am most interested tomorrow night is Santo. He has two very strong back-to-back games. I want to see if he follows those up with some consistency. What a blessing that would be if he all a sudden found his game again?!?!

Benched 03-07-2013 01:58 AM

Nice GDT, PR!

Let's do this thing. Back to back wins? I think so! Expecting another strong effort from the kids. Hopefully Matthias keeps up his solid play and Santo proves me wrong about his goal last game being a fluke.

billysbreakdown 03-07-2013 06:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 61655

Hey PR, use this for banner instead. A new era has begun. :)

SoupyFIN 03-07-2013 06:56 AM

Dj vu from that injury list when you start to think about last year. :help:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthers Rock (Post 61140761)
Nicklas Backstrom can make 15 shots in 15 seconds. You can save 15% or more on car insurance by switching to Geico. Nicklas Backstrom uses Geico. Do you? If you don't, that's why you can't make 15 shots in 15 seconds. (NOTE: All goals into empty net, something he won't have a shot at tonight...)

Inb4 Goldie comes here talking about AUG. :sarcasm:

AaronEkbald 03-07-2013 09:17 AM

+/- Leader on the Panthers: Drew Shore +1

:laugh:

Jeff Shafer 03-07-2013 09:31 AM

If we can string together 3-4 victories in a row (I know it hasn't happened all year) I think we honestly have a chance to get out of the basement and still have a chance at the playoffs, but we need to do it NOW.

I'm sick of reading the tanking thread, I've been extremely reluctant to post this season with all the negativity surrounding the team (specifically the Weiss situation, how bad our defense is, and the obvious - goaltending).

It's very easy to throw in the towel as a Panthers fan, we've done it over and over and over again, and it's amazing how quick some fans are to give up on this season, because of the shorten length, and complete negativity that has seemed to go away from the hockey game completely. From the mascot being a jerk to kids to how the Club RED is silly (which I agree are both valid arguments) but can't we be positive?

Can't we for once, instead of beating a dead horse about how Mike Santorilli sucks or his last goal was luck, can't we instead thank god he did something, maybe he'll turn it around? It's just an example, I'm no fan of his, but I will also not waste my energy on something we already know to be true, time and time again.

Mueller was a blessing in disguise, I hope we lock him up long-term, Shore has been the type of player who has come up thru the system that we've always dreamed about, Hubby has for once been an AMAZING draft pick and we're seeing a top 10 star in the making. Markstrom and Gubs are going to be main pieces for us as well, and seeing Matthias develop an offensive game has been a treat to watch, it's easy to focus on the negatives but for once Panther fans, if you're truly a fan, stop criticizing and start appreciating, it'll make the games more enjoyable.

Criticism comes easier than craftsmanship - Zeuxis

Rob Brown 03-07-2013 10:40 AM

Markstrom confirmed to start?

AwesomePanthers 03-07-2013 10:46 AM

lol at Bckstrm description..

GO CATS GO!

AaronEkbald 03-07-2013 11:19 AM

Christ, I hate it when we play in DC..

adam graves 03-07-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Shafer (Post 61154543)
If we can string together 3-4 victories in a row (I know it hasn't happened all year) I think we honestly have a chance to get out of the basement and still have a chance at the playoffs, but we need to do it NOW.

I'm sick of reading the tanking thread, I've been extremely reluctant to post this season with all the negativity surrounding the team (specifically the Weiss situation, how bad our defense is, and the obvious - goaltending).

It's very easy to throw in the towel as a Panthers fan, we've done it over and over and over again, and it's amazing how quick some fans are to give up on this season, because of the shorten length, and complete negativity that has seemed to go away from the hockey game completely. From the mascot being a jerk to kids to how the Club RED is silly (which I agree are both valid arguments) but can't we be positive?

Can't we for once, instead of beating a dead horse about how Mike Santorilli sucks or his last goal was luck, can't we instead thank god he did something, maybe he'll turn it around? It's just an example, I'm no fan of his, but I will also not waste my energy on something we already know to be true, time and time again.

Mueller was a blessing in disguise, I hope we lock him up long-term, Shore has been the type of player who has come up thru the system that we've always dreamed about, Hubby has for once been an AMAZING draft pick and we're seeing a top 10 star in the making. Markstrom and Gubs are going to be main pieces for us as well, and seeing Matthias develop an offensive game has been a treat to watch, it's easy to focus on the negatives but for once Panther fans, if you're truly a fan, stop criticizing and start appreciating, it'll make the games more enjoyable.

Criticism comes easier than craftsmanship - Zeuxis

For the first time since the Philly game, i enjoyed myself at the arena. With a legitimate NHL goalie in net, and these wonderful kids giving 100%, it is a pleasure to watch. They may have dug a hole too deep; but heres the beauty of youth: they dont realize it. They come to play hard and win.

dbhislife 03-07-2013 11:30 AM

I GET TO GO TO THE GAME TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ok I am done now. But in all seriousness, moving away from the Cats was rough. I have NHL GameCenter now to watch everything, but I am use to going to a fame fairly often. I am beyond psyched to be the away fan tonight!!! Got two other SoFla friends coming with me!

GO CATS GO!!! I demand a win tonight!

adam graves 03-07-2013 11:37 AM

Same panthers lineup tonight 11-15-88, 14-57-82, 12-18-52, 13-25-22

per goldie

Offdapost* 03-07-2013 11:43 AM

excellent gdt lets hope the cats build upon the last game

adam graves 03-07-2013 11:44 AM

If you want to follow the enthusiasm of these boys twitter is awesome.

sample:

Brian Campbell‏@bcampbell_51

@JonnyHuby11 Sweet Grill. No talking u rookie!!!! pic.twitter.com/JmhdfEjuN8

20 hrsBrian Campbell‏@bcampbell_51

@drew_shore15 and I just dominated @JonnyHuby11 and Mueller in 2 on 2 game of basketball. #champs

Mar 6Brian Campbell‏@bcampbell_51

@drew_shore15 @JonnyHuby11 time for a new twitter pick for number 15. Maybe with Hubby in it?

Benched 03-07-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards
Kris Versteeg not in Washington, out for #FlaPanthers v #Caps tonight
:speechles

Quote:

Florida Panthers ‏@FlaPanthers
Tallon said Tuesday hopefully a Friday return MT @gsow27: Does anyone know anything about Kris Versteeg? Is he close? #FlaPanthers
:crossfing

AaronEkbald 03-07-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 61160877)
If you want to follow the enthusiasm of these boys twitter is awesome.

sample:

Brian Campbell‏@bcampbell_51

@JonnyHuby11 Sweet Grill. No talking u rookie!!!! pic.twitter.com/JmhdfEjuN8

20 hrsBrian Campbell‏@bcampbell_51

@drew_shore15 and I just dominated @JonnyHuby11 and Mueller in 2 on 2 game of basketball. #champs

Mar 6Brian Campbell‏@bcampbell_51

@drew_shore15 @JonnyHuby11 time for a new twitter pick for number 15. Maybe with Hubby in it?

I joined twitter mainly to follow Panthers prospects and to get instant news around the world of sports. But, a lot of nhl players and draft picks are so dull and boring so I just unfollow them eventually. The Panthers prospects are much different, their tweet are almost never dull or boring.

MillarWithASave 03-07-2013 12:44 PM

I hope Rheault scores a goal tonight, and I expect a really strong team to be on that ice tonight. Winning this game is going to be tough though. However, if we win this one, I think it's possible our season isn't over.

PantherboyHTR 03-07-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillarWithASave (Post 61164283)
I hope Rheault scores a goal tonight, and I expect a really strong team to be on that ice tonight. Winning this game is going to be tough though. However, if we win this one, I think it's possible our season isn't over.

I would like to see him do something tonight. Tues he was pretty unnoticeable, too conservative IMO. Probably just nerves.

If that play continues I'd much rather see Timmins in the lineup.

adam graves 03-07-2013 12:51 PM

Was Robak getting lucky Tuesday or does he really have a bomb from the point? It was hard and accurate.

FlaPnthrsPunk 03-07-2013 12:59 PM

We seem to never do well in D.C., but tonight let's get that same effort we saw from everyone on Tuesday night and go on a winning streak! We're only five points out of 8th (I know five points is a lot for us to recover), but it's not impossible yet to move up in the standings and get back into the race.

Benched 03-07-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Brown (Post 61157523)
Markstrom confirmed to start?

Yes, according to Goldie.

Quote:

Steve Goldstein ‏@goldieonice
Markstrom-Holtby goalies tonight. Panthers vs Capitals.

RampageNate 03-07-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 61164627)
Was Robak getting lucky Tuesday or does he really have a bomb from the point? It was hard and accurate.

No. He really has a bomb. Getting him to use it has been the issue. That and his frequent case of fumblesticks.

adam graves 03-07-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RampageNate (Post 61166065)
No. He really has a bomb. Getting him to use it has been the issue. That and his frequent case of fumblesticks.

That could replace the gbomb. As we all know the critical part of that shot is not that it neccessarily go in, but that it leads to a juicy rebound. His was deadly accurate. Look forward to more tonight!

AaronEkbald 03-07-2013 01:38 PM

Guddy and Robak lead the team in breaking sticks I believe.. Could be wrong, though.