HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part V - The Countdown (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1369705)

joe89 03-07-2013 08:25 AM

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part V - The Countdown

Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IV

Continue.

JmanWingsFan 03-07-2013 08:53 AM

I'm surprised this isn't titled "The Prospects Strike Back"

Jussi 03-07-2013 12:43 PM

Video of the Jokerit skills competition from Wednesday, Pulkkinen's shot at 1:50:

ChadS 03-07-2013 02:17 PM

What's funny in that video is that first you have the three 6'4-6'5 & 210-230 lbs defensemen give it a try and after them comes this 5'11/180 lbs kid who beats them all.

Marchenko and CSKA started their 2nd round series today, lost 3-0. Marchenko played 12:15 which is more than in any of the 1st round games. I saw a bit of the game and he looked solid, a very calm d-man.

TNigs 03-07-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Would he be drafted early back in 2009 or already be in the NHL is he was close to Myers?
You never know, maybe the kid was playing basketball back then.:laugh:

Jurky 03-07-2013 09:47 PM

Don't know if it was posted already but Sproul was named OHL's defenceman of the month.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments...n-of-the-month

Frk It 03-07-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussi (Post 61164205)
Video of the Jokerit skills competition from Wednesday, Pulkkinen's shot at 1:50:

100mph is pretty damn good, especially for someone his size.

cjm502 03-07-2013 11:34 PM

You have to think his shot will only get harder in a few years.

The Zetterberg Era 03-07-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjm502 (Post 61226859)

More important is that it gets more accurate in his case.

Frk It 03-07-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era (Post 61227425)
More important is that it gets more accurate in his case.

if Sammy can make it..... :sarcasm:;)

The Zetterberg Era 03-08-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frk It (Post 61227889)
if Sammy can make it..... :sarcasm:;)

Half of Sammy's shots are stupid and weak, but generally on net. Although the guy never saw a shot he didn't like and then took. Tatar, Frk and Pulkkinen has a habit of punishing the glass a little too much. I hope it will get better and it should a little bit. Pulkkinen could use a little quicker release too in my opinion.

With Pulkkinen, Frk and Sproul coming along there is one thing though, the Wings will have some very big shots and lots of welts if you want to play pack it in D.

ChadS 03-08-2013 12:14 AM

Sproul 1+0, -2
Athanasiou 0+0, +/- 0

I hope and expect that the smaller rink and less time will force him to let it go quicker. Btw, in addition to shooting wide a lot his shot totals and therefore shot% are a bit inflated because he often tends to dump the puck at the goalie to get off.zone faceoffs at the end of a shift.

Here's the latest RedWings Central article, I don't think it was posted yet: http://www.redwingscentral.com/2013/...hat-jurco-can/

The Zetterberg Era 03-08-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChadS (Post 61228951)
Sproul 1+0, -2
Athanasiou 0+0, +/- 0

I hope and expect that the smaller rink and less time will force him to let it go quicker. Btw, in addition to shooting wide a lot his shot totals and therefore shot% are a bit inflated because he often tends to dump the puck at the goalie to get off.zone faceoffs at the end of a shift.

Here's the latest RedWings Central article, I don't think it was posted yet: http://www.redwingscentral.com/2013/...hat-jurco-can/

Glad to hear about Jurco's work ethic that is a very good thing. He needs to shoot more and work a little on his skating and explosiveness this offseason in my opinion. He has the tools, I just think he needs to get that half a step and be taught to keep his feet moving at all times.

joe89 03-08-2013 04:13 AM

Calle is the fifth nominee for Guldpucken(which is kind of an MVP award for the league/national team). Z won it in 2002.

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...puckskandidat/

Quote:

A gifted player who can dictate the play like few other in the SEL. Is just as effective defensively and works hard away from the puck. Most spectacular is his hockey sense and playmaking. His 29 assists during the regular season puts him 6th in the league, while also being a good finisher. 21 year old Calle Jarnkrok has great potential, but you can already describe him as a complete player.

GeoSacks 03-08-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era (Post 61228245)
Half of Sammy's shots are stupid and weak, but generally on net. Although the guy never saw a shot he didn't like and then took. Tatar, Frk and Pulkkinen has a habit of punishing the glass a little too much. I hope it will get better and it should a little bit. Pulkkinen could use a little quicker release too in my opinion.

With Pulkkinen, Frk and Sproul coming along there is one thing though, the Wings will have some very big shots and lots of welts if you want to play pack it in D.

When did this happen? High-and-wide shots were Sammy's specialty during his first stint in Detroit.

Jurky 03-08-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoSacks (Post 61238423)
When did this happen? High-and-wide shots were Sammy's specialty during his first stint in Detroit.

They didn't call him the logo hunter for nothing.

StormSurge9 03-08-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChadS (Post 61228951)
Sproul 1+0, -2
Athanasiou 0+0, +/- 0

"A final note about former prospect Jan Mursak: He’ll qualify for Group 6 unrestricted free agency because he will not have reached 80 career NHL games."

I figured we were going to lose him on waivers, but was happy to see him get sent to GR for the playoff push. But he should get some NHL offers in the off-season.

irishtemper 03-08-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 (Post 61239503)
"A final note about former prospect Jan Mursak: He’ll qualify for Group 6 unrestricted free agency because he will not have reached 80 career NHL games."

I figured we were going to lose him on waivers, but was happy to see him get sent to GR for the playoff push. But he should get some NHL offers in the off-season.

I'd like it if L.A. picked him up to play with the only other Slovenian in the league.

Henkka 03-08-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoSacks (Post 61238423)

I just made some statistics few weeks ago, that Sammy shoots less wide than Zetterberg or Datsyuk. That was a four-season average.

He shoots more in the logo, but even those logo-shots are better than no shots at all or missed, it usually creates a rebound.

wingsnut19 03-08-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henkka (Post 61244547)
He shoots more in the logo, but even those logo-shots are better than no shots at all or missed, it usually creates a rebound.

Logo shots do not create rebounds. They are pretty much the easiest shot for a goalie to absorb.

GT500x 03-08-2013 02:28 PM

I always called him wide-shot Sammy. His shots were either in the logo or wide of the net with frustrating consistency. He is still a shooter so I suppose we can't complain too much.

Anchor Town 03-08-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjm502 (Post 61226859)

That's not the issue, the issue is that he takes waaaaaay too long to get it off and it's not very accurate. He hasn't really made any progress in that regard in the past couple of years which is disappointing

nik jr 03-08-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe89 (Post 61233271)
Calle is the fifth nominee for Guldpucken(which is kind of an MVP award for the league/national team). Z won it in 2002.

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...puckskandidat/

who do you expect to win?

other finalists: HV 71's goalie Gustaf Wesslau, Linköping's Carl Soderberg, Frölunda's Joel Lundqvist and Skellefteå's goalie Joacim Ericsson

joe89 03-08-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik jr (Post 61261343)
who do you expect to win?

other finalists: HV 71's goalie Gustaf Wesslau, Linköping's Carl Soderberg, Frölunda's Joel Lundqvist and Skellefteå's goalie Joacim Ericsson

Soderberg. 30 goal scorer in the SEL is rare, 2nd in points too. Best player on the national team this year. Yeah, that should do it.

InjuredChoker 03-09-2013 02:26 AM

Moose won 3-1, Frk pointless. Mac and Jo still out.

Hudon had a goal.

Ouellet had a goal.

Sproul -2 in a 6-2 loss.

Quine had an assist.

Nedolmel +1