HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Will the Montreal Canadiens go Shark fishing? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1370111)

Slashers98 03-07-2013 04:15 PM

Will the Montreal Canadiens go Shark fishing?

http://thehockeywriters.com/will-the...shark-fishing/

MXD 03-07-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slashers98 (Post 61174841)

Read too fast -- saw Sharking.

That would've been WTF material.

overlords 03-07-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MXD (Post 61175023)
Read too fast -- saw Sharking.

That would've been WTF material.

insert gorges joke.

FlyingKostitsyn 03-07-2013 04:21 PM

Is Rivet still there? We could use a vet defensemen :sarcasm:

MXD 03-07-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 61175067)
insert gorges joke.

Male-2-Male sharking actually exists?!?!?!

WeThreeKings 03-07-2013 04:22 PM

I'd swing a deal for Murray and Clowe.

However I don't get why the Sharks are suddenly sellers?

chaosrevolver 03-07-2013 04:24 PM

I'd love to get both Murray and Clowe without sacrificing more than one of those 2nds..not sure how realistic that is though.

bhuya71 03-07-2013 04:28 PM

Lotsa Western fans saying Clowe is garbage/done...don't watch many sharks games but his lack of skating ability may not make him a good fit for our fast skating team...just saying

HiggsBozon 03-07-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhuya71 (Post 61175443)
Lotsa Western fans saying Clowe is garbage/done...don't watch many sharks games but his lack of skating ability may not make him a good fit for our fast skating team...just saying

I swear people in Montreal are as obsessed with skating as Boston is obsessed with fights. You know, a mix of both can't be a bad things sometimes...

When you play that card and disregard the potential benefits of getting a new player in your organization because of his skating, you end up drafting David Fischer instead of Claude Giroux because Giroux gets owned in a speed competition by Mathieu Carle.

Blind Gardien 03-07-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhuya71 (Post 61175443)

Or it could mean that we can afford his slowness more than some teams, because our other guys can compensate. :)

Anyway, I just don't want to pay rental-player trade prices in general. Clowe and Murray don't look good this year, but in theory, based on their track records, they would be fits for what we need in our lineup. I just think it would be silly to trade valuable futures for them, especially when they're playing poorly, especiallyer when they are only guaranteed to be around for 2 more months.

We do seem likely to have lots of cap space available this summer, however, so I wouldn't mind if it was just risking $$$ on them as free agents in the summer.

Sandvich 03-07-2013 04:33 PM

Nice Gomez is coming back

Habtchum* 03-07-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 61175139)
I'd swing a deal for Murray and Clowe.

However I don't get why the Sharks are suddenly sellers?

No more than Habs trading Cole.

They just want to get rid of what they consider "dead wood" and players who gonna be UFA next July - with no intention to retain them. They want something back. Younger players ? Draft picks ? The usual business.

Their team is not winning as much as they were in the first dozen games, too.

PricePkPatch 03-07-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFORCE (Post 61175551)
I swear people in Montreal are as obsessed with skating as Boston is obsessed with fights. You know, a mix of both can't be a bad things sometimes...

When you play that card and disregard the potential benefits of getting a new player in your organization because of his skating, you end up drafting David Fischer instead of Claude Giroux because Giroux gets owned in a speed competition by Mathieu Carle.

But can he skate?! :naughty:

HTTP 400 Bad Request 03-07-2013 04:52 PM

How can a 30 years old forward who never had significant injuries could possibly be done?

There's something I probably missed cause that makes no sense whatsoever.

A bad season, maybe, but done?

overlords 03-07-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls (Post 61176523)
How can a 30 years old forward who never had significant injuries could possibly be done?

http://www.allhabs.net/wp-content/up...cott-gomez.jpg

It happens.

Habtchum* 03-07-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

The guys was injured at some point in the last 2-3 years. His production is declining too in the last 2-3 years. We are possibly missing some background info about him. Personal problems ?

PKarey Plekoretty 03-07-2013 05:05 PM

I'd LOVE to have Clowe, but not as a rental. If we could get him, I'd hope there's a high probability we can sign him when he becomes a UFA this summer

Bronn 03-07-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

I don't think he's done but some players decline faster than others. Clowe aggressive and physical style of play is much harder on the body than a guy who play a finesse game. He constantly takes more abuse and damage than a dipsy doodler floater who avoid getting it if he can. That can have an impact on the prime length and longevity of a career.

ChoseLa 03-07-2013 05:11 PM

Clowe is hardly a top-6 at this point, he's still a skilled heavyweight, that's worth much.

Habtchum* 03-07-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoseLa (Post 61177541)
Clowe is hardly a top-6 at this point, he's still a skilled heavyweight, that's worth much.

Could be a good 3rd liner for us. But what to give to get him. I have a strong feeling that Boston - who waived Bourque today - is watching him closely.

canadiensnation 03-07-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandvich (Post 61175629)
Nice Gomez is coming back

YESSSSSSSS:yo::handclap::handclap:

:sarcasm:

We Want The 25 03-07-2013 05:26 PM

Clowe and Murray are exactly what we need physical depth id be all for it

Monctonscout 03-07-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slashers98 (Post 61174841)

The part I don't get is why would San Jose trade those two guys? I think at theis point they are a contender and those 2 play regular minutes so I dont see those two players moving unless they fall back by a lot the next 3 weeks.

ChoseLa 03-07-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by We Want The 25 (Post 61178375)
Clowe and Murray are exactly what we need physical depth id be all for it

Murray might not be what people think he is. He's a slow stay at home defencemen that hits hard, but he's realy on the downhill and has been a healty scratch in SJ. Will fight once in while, and is good at it, but compared to him Moen is a blood thirsty beast who's looking to fight on every shifts.

overlords 03-07-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoseLa (Post 61178681)
Murray might not be what people think he is. He's a slow stay at home defencemen that hits hard, but he's realy on the downhill and has been a healty scratch in SJ. Will fight once in while, and is good at it, but compared to him Moen is a blood thirsty beast who's looking to fight on every shifts.

People seem like they're stuck in 2008 with regards to these two players.