HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: NHLPA Consents to Realignment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1370279)

Yukon Cornellis 03-07-2013 07:29 PM

NHLPA Consents to Realignment

Per Darren Dreger on twitter, PA consents to realignment, will re-evaluate after 2014-15 season.

So long, Red Wings & BJ's.

edit: don't know if it was needed or not, but confirmed with a link from tsn.ca :http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417615

Paranoid Android 03-07-2013 07:37 PM

Detroit runs scared from us the year after we beat them in the playoffs.

:sarcasm:

Legionnaire11 03-07-2013 07:45 PM

I like this, Dallas is definitely going to be a good rivalry and I think Colorado has a chance too if both teams get good at the same time.

Plus I like less competition for the playoffs, but that's really just taking Columbus out of the conference, so all of the Eastern fans complaining need to realize that. It's not that making the playoffs on a whole is easier, or that there's an easier road to the cup. It just means one less bottom feeder will be in the way of the 8th playoff spot. Not a big deal.

Preds33 03-07-2013 07:51 PM

I am actually excited about this because it means we will play more east coast games overall, meaning not as many 9 pm games. I absolutely hate those.

kypredsfan 03-07-2013 08:59 PM

Fine by me

29dryden29 03-07-2013 09:06 PM

I don't see it surviving past the 2 years but then how do they put them back after.

Enoch 03-07-2013 09:52 PM

Easier to make the playoffs. Less easy to net a high draft pick. I'm not sure that we are in any truly better position as an organization as we added some traditionally strong markets with lots of money. But. Statistically, we should have an advantage at making the playoffs. Meh. It would have been interesting to move to the eastern conference as their have been several years where a Predators team could have dominated the east.

weeze 03-08-2013 10:53 AM

I see one or two teams coming back in a few years when Toronto gets a 2nd team and Hamilton gets Phoenix. I do like adding both Dallas and Colorado, Jets and Wild are ok but no big deal. Hate losing the DRW but we will move on.

PredsV82 03-08-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weeze (Post 61242865)
I see one or two teams coming back in a few years when Toronto gets a 2nd team and Hamilton gets Phoenix. I do like adding both Dallas and Colorado, Jets and Wild are ok but no big deal. Hate losing the DRW but we will move on.

I think the current alignment speaks to the fact that expansion/relocation is going to happen out west, at least with one team.

I cant imagine Detroit consenting to be sent back out west again just two years after getting back east. Columbus maybe, but not Detroit

Plus I think Hamiltons chances are slim and the chances of a 2nd toronto team are zero.

QC appears to be at the top of the list for a new team in the East....

Legionnaire11 03-08-2013 12:51 PM

I think Toronto 2 is a possibility and even makes sense to put them in the West instead of moving DET and CLB back, that way Toronto is generating income for and from both conferences.

Otherwise, if there is ANY chance that the Jackets are coming back west in two years, just leave them here and keep the conferences at 15.

crossxcheck 03-08-2013 12:52 PM

I don't like this. The teams like us in the central time zone are the ones that get screwed. We're still playing games in Vancouver, San Jose, Anaheim, and LA. The teams in the eastern conference that are farthest apart are only one time zone difference.

Legionnaire11 03-08-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck (Post 61250891)
I don't like this. The teams like us in the central time zone are the ones that get screwed. We're still playing games in Vancouver, San Jose, Anaheim, and LA. The teams in the eastern conference that are farthest apart are only one time zone difference.

Are we not playing LESS games out west though?

And we also have one less team to compete with for playoff revenue.

Preds33 03-08-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 (Post 61251085)
Are we not playing LESS games out west though?

And we also have one less team to compete with for playoff revenue.

I believe we are playing less games because we are playing 2 games against each of the Eastern conference teams (32 total). I only counted 17 games against eastern teams from last season, although may I missed a game or 2.

Legionnaire11 03-08-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preds33 (Post 61251605)
I believe we are playing less games because we are playing 2 games against each of the Eastern conference teams (32 total). I only counted 17 games against eastern teams from last season, although may I missed a game or 2.

Yeah, home-and-home against every eastern team. Plus maybe more division games with two more teams in the division? Haven't seen anything that specifies the details of the schedule.

Preds33 03-08-2013 01:09 PM

This is what I found on one of the earlier articles that came out when the proposal was announced a few weeks ago.

Quote:

Teams in the Western Conference will play 32 games against the Eastern Conference (one home, one road), 21 games against opponents in the other Western division (extra home game will be rotated each year) and 29 games against their own division (one team will be played four times instead of five times).

Soundgarden 03-08-2013 01:26 PM

I like it, we get Home and homes with every team. It's ridiculous that we've played Toronto three times in or history. Just stupid.

We also get a great potential rival in Dallas, as well as greater potential for rivalries in the playoffs.

I don't get the wildcard thing but I'll figure it out.

Preds33 03-08-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundgarden (Post 61253089)
I like it, we get Home and homes with every team. It's ridiculous that we've played Toronto three times in or history. Just stupid.

We also get a great potential rival in Dallas, as well as greater potential for rivalries in the playoffs.

I don't get the wildcard thing but I'll figure it out.

The top 2 teams in each conference not already in the playoffs by being in the top 3 in their division get the spots.

Webersmashpuck 03-08-2013 02:10 PM

Even though we are losing Detroit and Columbus I see this alignment providing some good rivalries and making us really hate some teams, especially Dallas and Minnesota.

The other division is going to be brutal: San Jose, LA, Anaheim, Vancouver, and maybe Edmonton if they get their act together, are going to be really tough.

Soundgarden 03-08-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preds33 (Post 61254675)
The top 2 teams in each conference not already in the playoffs by being in the top 3 in their division get the spots.

Thanks.

kypredsfan 03-08-2013 04:06 PM

We will all be really hating Minny even more soon. Gonna be fun.

Byrddog 03-08-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 61261253)

Yeah like Liarpold and Buttheasd are not enough. The bad thing is we must endure seeing them damn elf uni"s they have more often.

triggrman 03-08-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 61261253)

Couldn't agree more.

I like having Dallas as a rival too. I have too many friends in Dallas.

Legionnaire11 03-08-2013 04:58 PM

Dallas is the one that excites me. Minnesota not so much, I think Colorado could end up being a better rival on the ice.

headsigh 03-08-2013 05:01 PM

first couple of years with playing winnipeg a bunch of times a year will be interesting.

Predatorbill 03-08-2013 05:46 PM

I don't like the divisional playoffs. I want more variety.