HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Concerns Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1370327)

rockjngo 03-07-2013 08:59 PM

Concerns Thread

-With an aging defense, I don't think they are fast enough to play against speedy teams and not tough enough to play against bigger teams.

-Markov is super slow this year and we can see he's not the same guy before the surgeries.
-Gorges' acceleration takes forever to get to top speed. Just skating is below average.
-Boullion is what? 39? We only wish he was 29.
-Kaberle I think he's a bit faster than Markov but still below NHL average in skating.
-Weber I don't think he has what it takes to stay in the league, 2 costly turnovers.

-Emelin is as tough as it gets and we should keep him
-Subban is our only real #1 defenseman. This guy is a beast, can play all three zones.
-Diaz, I think we are missing him more than we know. He's smart with the puck and moves the puck fast.

I think Marc Bergervin should focus on 3 issues this trading deadline.
1. Try to acquire a big puck moving defenseman, someone like Jack Johnson.
2. Upgrade the 4th line. Moen-Armstrong-White isn't working out, they are below average in speed and bigger faster teams take advantage. We need to add someone like Dominic Moore.
3. We need a big guy who can protect our smaller forwards, a player who can skate and also defensive. Someone like a Shawn Thornton.

MXD 03-07-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockjngo (Post 61201183)
-With an aging defense, I don't think they are fast enough to play against speedy teams and not tough enough to play against bigger teams.

-Markov is super slow this year and we can see he's not the same guy before the surgeries.
-Gorges' acceleration takes forever to get to top speed. Just skating is below average.
-Kaberle I think he's a bit faster than Markov but still below NHL average in skating.
-Weber I don't think he has what it takes to stay in the league, 2 costly turnovers.

-Subban is our only real #1 defenseman. This guy is a beast, can play all three zones.
-Diaz, I think we are missing him more than we know. He's smart with the puck and moves the puck fast.

2. Upgrade the 4th line. Moen-Armstrong-White isn't working out, they are below average in speed and bigger faster teams take advantage. We need to add someone like Dominic Moore.
3. We need a big guy who can protect our smaller forwards, a player who can skate and also defensive. Someone like a Shawn Thornton.

I totally agree with your suggestion.
But NO JACK JOHNSON, plz.

Lemons 03-07-2013 09:09 PM

Gionta is so bad

ClasslessGuy 03-07-2013 09:10 PM

aging defense?

BakerNator 03-07-2013 09:11 PM

Tinordi and Beaulieu might be ready next season.

Pierre Dagenais 03-07-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BakerNator (Post 61203479)
Tinordi and Beaulieu might be ready next season.

I doubt that both will be ready.

And big no to Jack Johnson.

BakerNator 03-07-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais (Post 61204765)
I doubt that both will be ready.

And big no to Jack Johnson.

in NHL13 Beaulieu is ready, Tinordi is not

Maelpj* 03-07-2013 09:27 PM

How much do we miss Diaz? I really underestimated his game.

rockjngo 03-07-2013 09:45 PM

Bravo Michel Therrien for noticing the speed difference and benching slower players like Ryder, Armstrong and White. Also benching AHLer Weber.:handclap:

Et le But 03-07-2013 09:53 PM

I don't want any part of Jack Johnson.

MXD 03-07-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockjngo (Post 61211043)
Bravo Michel Therrien for noticing the speed difference and benching slower players like Ryder, Armstrong and White. Also benching AHLer Weber.:handclap:

Are you idiot, or did you just haven't watched the game?

Monctonscout 03-07-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockjngo (Post 61201183)

So, to summarize, we had a bad 2nd period so we should trade the whole team. :shakehead

Pierre Dagenais 03-07-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BakerNator (Post 61206849)
in NHL13 Beaulieu is ready, Tinordi is not

Ya but in NHL13 I can get Datsyuk for Desharnais and Bouillon