HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Edm-sj (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1370691)

Ghostbuster 03-08-2013 09:21 AM

Edm-sj
 
What would be the bidding price for Clowe and Murray?

Anything that could be built around Hemsky?

Pinkfloyd 03-08-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster (Post 61236627)
What would be the bidding price for Clowe and Murray?

Anything that could be built around Hemsky?

I think Sam Gagner and the 2nd you got from Anaheim would be good value for me to move both those pieces.

WeridAl 03-08-2013 09:36 AM

Unrealistic for Edmonton to think of these 2 right now, if the Oilers were a cup contender yes, but they're not. Would do more harm to the future of the team then good, Oilers pass.

Falco5 03-08-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd (Post 61236957)
I think Sam Gagner and the 2nd you got from Anaheim would be good value for me to move both those pieces.

And a 2nd? Ha, I would easily take just Gagner.

oilersrule14 03-08-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeridAl (Post 61237095)
Unrealistic for Edmonton to think of these 2 right now, if the Oilers were a cup contender yes, but they're not. Would do more harm to the future of the team then good, Oilers pass.

Assuming the OP is looking at those guys as pieces of the team going forward and not rentals, then I have to disagree with your statement. You can't just sit on your hands and wait to become a contending team, you have to add the complimentary pieces that your team hasn't been able to obtain through the draft at some point.

Also, it would do no harm to the future if 'the future' wasn't exchanged in part of the trade. I know a poster above mentioned Gagner, but that's obviously unrealistic just based on the impending UFA status of both Clowe and Murray alone.

hockeyball 03-08-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersrule14 (Post 61237829)
Assuming the OP is looking at those guys as pieces of the team going forward and not rentals, then I have to disagree with your statement. You can't just sit on your hands and wait to become a contending team, you have to add the complimentary pieces that your team hasn't been able to obtain through the draft at some point.

Also, it would do no harm to the future if 'the future' wasn't exchanged in part of the trade. I know a poster above mentioned Gagner, but that's obviously unrealistic just based on the impending UFA status of both Clowe and Murray alone.

We don't want Hemsky, can't afford him, too injury prone. etc. He's of absolutely zero interest to us.

What we need are young wingers and picks. What do you want us to ask for? How about this:

To SJ:
Sam Gagner

To EDM:
Clowe
Murray
conditional 2nd if neither re-sign, 3rd if only one re-signs.

Trafalgar Law 03-08-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd (Post 61236957)
I think Sam Gagner and the 2nd you got from Anaheim would be good value for me to move both those pieces.

Wait so the Oilers trade a 23 year old averaging 0.9 ppg this season for two impending UFAs? Logic.

WeridAl 03-08-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersrule14 (Post 61237829)
Assuming the OP is looking at those guys as pieces of the team going forward and not rentals, then I have to disagree with your statement. You can't just sit on your hands and wait to become a contending team, you have to add the complimentary pieces that your team hasn't been able to obtain through the draft at some point.

Also, it would do no harm to the future if 'the future' wasn't exchanged in part of the trade. I know a poster above mentioned Gagner, but that's obviously unrealistic just based on the impending UFA status of both Clowe and Murray alone.

Resigning Clowe could cripple the Oilers when it comes to reigning RNH and J.Schultz.:shakehead

Arrch 03-08-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnoctophas (Post 61238837)
Wait so the Oilers trade a 23 year old averaging 0.9 ppg this season for two impending UFAs? Logic.

Great sample size. Let's call it like it is, he's a 40-50 point player.

If Clowe was made available, there are at least half a dozen teams that would be interested. We're not interested in giving him up for something that we don't need.

Nolan11 03-08-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnoctophas (Post 61238837)
Wait so the Oilers trade a 23 year old averaging 0.9 ppg this season for two impending UFAs? Logic.

Concensus around the Sharks boards is that AT THE DEADLINE, as a rental Clowe should garner a 1st and maybe a forward prospect, while Murray should bring a mid to late second.

Now I understand not wanting to trade 23 year old second line forwards, too much untapped potential. But if you were to trade Gagner at the deadline, a 1st + 2nd would be the most you could hope for from a contender.

For your team, I would be looking at the mix of players I want to have in 2 years. Clowe would be an excellent addition to your Top 9. His style of hockey and what he brings to the ice are, from my occaisional viewing of you play, missing from Edmonton.

Nolan11 03-08-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeridAl (Post 61238853)
Resigning Clowe could cripple the Oilers when it comes to reigning RNH and J.Schultz.:shakehead

Given cap situation, you might be able to re-sign him for 4.0. But you really need to ask yourself: "Will we really be able to afford to re-sign RNH, J Schultz and then Yak?"

Learn from the Sharks current woes. We have too much salary tied up in our top stars, which has kept us from fielding a truly competitive team (one that you can expect to go all the way needs more balance in team structure). We do not have enough mid-tier forward talent to fill in for injuries or step up when the stars falter. Edmonton really should choose to trade one of your big 4 to get a true #1D. Once that is done, then start bringing in Clowe-type role players if you can.

zeus3007* 03-08-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd (Post 61236957)
I think Sam Gagner and the 2nd you got from Anaheim would be good value for me to move both those pieces.

Clowe is a UFA and Murray is a number 6 d-man at best. Gagner has been great this year, looks like he has finally found the consistency he`s been lacking. No offense to the offer, but I would have a hard time doing Gagner alone for those two players under current circumstances.

zeus3007* 03-08-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 61238631)
We don't want Hemsky, can't afford him, too injury prone. etc. He's of absolutely zero interest to us.

What we need are young wingers and picks. What do you want us to ask for? How about this:

To SJ:
Sam Gagner

To EDM:
Clowe
Murray
conditional 2nd if neither re-sign, 3rd if only one re-signs.

Gagner has never been very effective on the wing. With the centers you have, I don`t think the Sharks really need Gagner either.

Arrch 03-08-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus3007 (Post 61240605)
Murray is a number 6 d-man at best.

Murray has evolved (devolved?) into a penalty kill specialist. If you're looking at him for anything more than that, you'll be disappointed.

magic school bus 03-08-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrch (Post 61240955)
Murray has evolved (devolved?) into a penalty kill specialist. If you're looking at him for anything more than that, you'll be disappointed.

Yup. He hardly ever destroys anyone anymore either.

Sojourn 03-08-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnoctophas (Post 61238837)
Wait so the Oilers trade a 23 year old averaging 0.9 ppg this season for two impending UFAs? Logic.

Edmonton simply will not get value for Gagner equivalent of a young player putting up near a PPG. They just won't. 5 NHL seasons in which he has never topped 50 points is a much stronger argument than 21 points in 23 games.

Maybe that's as good a reason as any for Edmonton to hold on to him, but that is an incredibly unrealistic expectation for a player in his 6th NHL season, and over so short a sample size.

Arrch 03-08-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic school bus (Post 61242707)
Yup. He hardly ever destroys anyone anymore either.

And the few times he does, he ends up knocking his own player out too and a Sedin scores a goal. I'm not sure what's happened to him; ever since that adam's apple injury, he just hasn't been the same. The only team that should be looking for him is a contending team (or one confident that they can re-sign him) that needs physicality and a big body to shore up the penalty kill.

Lessy 03-08-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrch (Post 61239135)
Great sample size. Let's call it like it is, he's a 40-50 point player.

If Clowe was made available, there are at least half a dozen teams that would be interested. We're not interested in giving him up for something that we don't need.

His last 82 games he has over 60 points. He's more than a 40-50 point center though he certainly does have his shortcomings. Players in their early 20's do tend to improve which Gagner has.

Pinkfloyd 03-08-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnoctophas (Post 61238837)
Wait so the Oilers trade a 23 year old averaging 0.9 ppg this season for two impending UFAs? Logic.

I didn't say that the Oilers should do it nor did I say it would be logical for them to do so. But if you want the Sharks to part with Murray and Clowe, that's what they would want. They're not going to be interested in a center piece revolving around picks or prospects. They'd need a young player that can contribute now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus3007 (Post 61240605)
Clowe is a UFA and Murray is a number 6 d-man at best. Gagner has been great this year, looks like he has finally found the consistency he`s been lacking. No offense to the offer, but I would have a hard time doing Gagner alone for those two players under current circumstances.

Still a little early to tell on that. It's a short season and not the same as an 82 game year but there are definitely positive signs for him. I wouldn't blame the Oilers for passing on that but it has to make sense for the Sharks to part with the guys.

JayP812 03-08-2013 10:25 PM

Don't want Gagner, we have too many centers. I like Hartikainen, maybe a deal around him?

supert 03-08-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersrule14 (Post 61237829)
Assuming the OP is looking at those guys as pieces of the team going forward and not rentals, then I have to disagree with your statement. You can't just sit on your hands and wait to become a contending team, you have to add the complimentary pieces that your team hasn't been able to obtain through the draft at some point.

Also, it would do no harm to the future if 'the future' wasn't exchanged in part of the trade. I know a poster above mentioned Gagner, but that's obviously unrealistic just based on the impending UFA status of both Clowe and Murray alone.

Don't mine him . He thinks we are alright . We don't Defence or anything . He is counting on all over prospects working out . At least i think

thadd 03-08-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 61238631)
We don't want Hemsky, can't afford him, too injury prone. etc. He's of absolutely zero interest to us.

What we need are young wingers and picks. What do you want us to ask for? How about this:

To SJ:
Sam Gagner

To EDM:
Clowe
Murray
conditional 2nd if neither re-sign, 3rd if only one re-signs.

Our best center and our best or second best top 6 forward for 2 guys that might not resign and we get a 2nd or 3rd rounder if he doesn't resign?

The jokes oh HFboards just keep getting better and better today.

We're not trading Gagner for what might turn out to be picks.

thadd 03-08-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayP812 (Post 61281657)
Don't want Gagner, we have too many centers. I like Hartikainen, maybe a deal around him?

If you're sending another young tough as nails bottom 6 forward who'll be RFA at the end of his season, I'll listen.

Koto 03-08-2013 11:55 PM

why do sharks even want gagner, dont they have like 7 centers playing out of position already?

Arkansas Shark 03-09-2013 12:23 AM

Clowe for MPS? Anyone? Bueller??


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.