HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: David desharnais (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1370767)

Habsfannick 03-08-2013 10:43 AM

David desharnais

With the canadiens centers depth I think he's the odd man out, going to be a UFA this summer if I'm not mistaken, I think he could be a good 3rd scoring center on a contending team definitely a good rental for some team that's lacking a little playmaking ability in their middle 6

Any teams Interested

Montreal needs a big defenseman, a tough 4th line heavyweight or prospects/picks

If everything proceeds like it should our top three centers next year should be pleks-chuckie-Eller and I just don't see room for him, he's a great kid with heart and skill but if he sticks around we might lose him for nothing this summer

Captain Smurf 03-08-2013 10:51 AM

You are mistaken, Desharnais is a RFA this offseason. Chuckie isn't ready yet, we can afford to hang on to DD for now. We have physical defencemen coming down the pipeline (Pateryn, Tinordi) and we can add size to 4th line during the offseason.

overlords 03-08-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Smurf (Post 61242753)
You are mistaken, Desharnais is a RFA this offseason. Chuckie isn't ready yet, we can afford to hang on to DD for now. We have physical defencemen coming down the pipeline (Pateryn, Tinordi) and we can add size to 4th line during the offseason.

I disagree. Unless the team is willing to try DD on the wing next year, it's pretty clear to me that the soft-minutes center position should and will go to Galchenyuk, leaving DD on the outs. I'd be interested in seeing what some other teams might give up for him.

Nolan11 03-08-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfannick (Post 61242333)
With the canadiens centers depth I think he's the odd man out, going to be a UFA this summer if I'm not mistaken, I think he could be a good 3rd scoring center on a contending team definitely a good rental for some team that's lacking a little playmaking ability in their middle 6

Any teams Interested

Montreal needs a big defenseman, a tough 4th line heavyweight or prospects/picks

If everything proceeds like it should our top three centers next year should be pleks-chuckie-Eller and I just don't see room for him, he's a great kid with heart and skill but if he sticks around we might lose him for nothing this summer

Clowe + 2nd conditional if Clowe does not re-sign (+Gomez if you want) for DD

BigDaddyLurch 03-08-2013 10:58 AM

DD needs to go into a package to net the Habs a smash-mouth power winger.

Nolan11 03-08-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch (Post 61243135)
DD needs to go into a package to net the Habs a smash-mouth power winger.

No package necessary:

Clowe + 2nd +Gomez if you want for DD

BigDaddyLurch 03-08-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolan11 (Post 61243403)
No package necessary:

Clowe + 2nd +Gomez if you want for DD

OK, Clowe hasn't been that bad this year, he's just been snakebit and dealing with a nagging injury; cut him some slack. :laugh:

Baloo007 03-08-2013 11:07 AM

Clowe + demers + 2nd

for desharnais + webber or kaberle

Mario Lemieux fan 66 03-08-2013 11:14 AM

I am a fan of Desharnais, but I think his value around the league is pretty low like a 2nd round pick+ a third round pick or a low first round pick if the Habs add a third round pick to Desharnais. I think that if Desharnais sign for 3 million or less per year he is a useful player for the Habs and it solidify the depth of the team at the center position.

Baloo007 03-08-2013 11:16 AM

I agree with the 1st or 2 nd .

He's a great worker !

Nolan11 03-08-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baloo007 (Post 61243573)
Clowe + demers + 2nd

for desharnais + webber or kaberle

Sorry, no interest in Kaberle. No real interest in trading Demers.

Webber has some interest. Might do something like

DD + Webber + conditional 3rd if Clowe resigns for Clowe + Braun

(Above change in picks is because we don't really want to trade Braun)

Baloo007 03-08-2013 11:17 AM

I would accept that .

Good for both teams

Nolan11 03-08-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch (Post 61243489)
OK, Clowe hasn't been that bad this year, he's just been snakebit and dealing with a nagging injury; cut him some slack. :laugh:

You are right, Clowe has not been that bad. I should have made the 2nd conditional if Clowe does not re-sign

Clowe + Conditional 2nd (+ Gomez if you like) for DD

Chacal667 03-08-2013 11:24 AM

You should buy new glasses cuz it look like you don't see what Dd is doing on the ice.
He play as our first center (don't forget that this is his second full season) he is doing great and the habs are in first position.

Dd >>> Eller and it is not close, i'd be extremely suprise if Eller become more than a 3rd line center, i'd also trade plecky before Dd cuz Dd is more productive, cost less money and I think we should be able to get something more for plecky.

I can't understand why you want to trade our center that have the best production for an ufa like clowe, it sound extremely ridiculous to my ears.

So many detractor obsessed by the size, maybe we should trade gallagher,also.

BigDaddyLurch 03-08-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chacal667 (Post 61244499)
You should buy new glasses cuz it look like you don't see what Dd is doing on the ice.
He play as our first center (don't forget that this is his second full season) he is doing great and the habs are in first position.

Dd >>> Eller and it is not close, i'd be extremely suprise if Eller become more than a 3rd line center, i'd also trade plecky before Dd cuz Dd is more productive, cost less money and I think we should be able to get something more for plecky.

I can't understand why you want to trade our center that have the best production for an ufa like clowe, it sound extremely ridiculous to my ears.

The biggest problem with DD is that if he's not producing offensively, he adds little to no value, as was the case at the start of the year...Pleks & Eller are the better two-way centres, Galchenyuk is the future, and DD isn't 4th line material, so White's job is safe (for now)...the Habs are centre-heavy and need a power winger; DD is the best option to trade to get that done.

overlords 03-08-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chacal667 (Post 61244499)

You realize that Eller is (at the moment) outproducing DD at evens and on the man advantage, right? And keeping DD over plekanec? No ****ing way. It has nothing to do with size of physicality, as neither have much of either, but in what they can offer to the team. DD can rack up points playing soft opposition. Great. Pleks comes close to matching that output playing incredibly tough minutes and being one of the best PK forwards in the game.

Anyway, this is a Desharnais thread, lets try to keep it on topic. If you want to discuss Eller vs. DD, make your way to the habs board.

Would anything around DD for Demers be possible, sharks fans?

Chacal667 03-08-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch (Post 61244913)
The biggest problem with DD is that if he's not producing offensively, he adds little to no value, as was the case at the start of the year...Pleks & Eller are the better two-way centres, Galchenyuk is the future, and DD isn't 4th line material, so White's job is safe (for now)...the Habs are centre-heavy and need a power winger; DD is the best option to trade to get that done.

Dd isn't a bad player defensively ?

A lil bit like Diaz, he is always in good position, he is great to poke check the puck and make a quick pass.

So you are saying that because he got a slow start (with that lazy cole and the injury to paccioretty) we should trade him.....

BigDaddyLurch 03-08-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chacal667 (Post 61245441)
Dd isn't a bad player defensively ?

A lil bit like Diaz, he is always in good position, he is great to poke check the puck and make a quick pass.

So you are saying that because he got a slow start (with that lazy cole and the injury to paccioretty) we should trade him.....

They need to trade a centre to get a grit winger...the other three have more overall value...that's just the way it is.

palindrom 03-08-2013 01:41 PM

With the injury to Kesler, Vancouver could be interested in a move around Luongo for DD.

Nolan11 03-08-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 61245273)

Would anything around DD for Demers be possible, sharks fans?

Probably something could be arranged. But young RFA top 4d with upside would be worth way more than DD (whom I love to watch and do want on our team). Since we seriously need to restock our system, I would throw out for your consideration:

DD + 2013 1st for Demers + 2014 2nd

131313 03-08-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palindrom (Post 61253897)
With the injury to Kesler, Vancouver could be interested in a move around Luongo for DD.

The Habs have zero interest in Luongo. We have Price

Rscorpio 03-08-2013 02:33 PM

DD is doing great...... Hey, let's trade him

Frank Drebin 03-08-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying Knee (Post 61255375)
The Habs have zero interest in Luongo. We have Price

don't take the bait. That poster does it in every thread, and derails it to talk about Price.

ChoseLa 03-08-2013 02:48 PM

Yep if DD comes on the cheap i'd rather keep him, plays with a lot of heart and good to have around. You can never have too much depth at center centers, especialy considering that Eller and Galch can play wing is there is an injury. And after Plek, Eller and Galchy there is no one coming in at center, one of them gets injured and Ryan White becomes our third line center.

And it has been said that you'll never get DD full value in a trade as he is 5"6.

greenstickytoes 03-08-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Smurf (Post 61242753)

Chuckie isn't ready yet? idk what games your looking at to say Chucky isn't
ready but it ain't the same games as everyone else.
looking at the points department, he's 2 pts behind Desharnais
with a +/- of +7. Desharnais has a +/- of -1 and
plays 5min more than Chucky on a much better line.
you have absolutely no idea what your talking about. Next year with the
experience Chucky will get this year and in the playoffs, he will be nothing
lower than our 2nd center. Chucky definitely has a better 2 way game
and hes a lot bigger than Desharnais.
Srry to burst your bubble but Unless Desharnais hits
an incredible season where he will make a lot more points than all of our centers.
he's getting traded.
Montreal has no more room for small players anymore especially with Gally
and Pleky on our top 2 lines. and Eller pushing up on center.
He has to go..